Verified:

Vic Game profile

Dec 7th 2012, 8:57:48

his D didn't move up at all, broke the first, failed the second.
100% strength for both.
ps for both.
sent 11% over

?????????????????????

Marshal Game profile

Dec 7th 2012, 10:41:40

did you buy your jets back up between hits? if yes then you just got panged.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 8th 2012, 0:45:42

When you say strength, do you mean readiness?
Finally did the signature thing.

Vic Game profile

Dec 8th 2012, 14:52:53

Yes and for what it's worth I had weapons and he had none

blid

EE Patron

Dec 8th 2012, 16:32:39

Did he have a def ally that could have jumped, or just accepted the pact between hits?
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

OneMansArmy Game profile

Dec 8th 2012, 21:16:55

I thought there was always that 1% chance to fail an attack even if you over send?

Also, how accurate is the readiness percent? Ive sent portions of my military out on strikes and it still says I am at 100%. I usually don't trust this and end up running a turn or two just to be sure its back at 100%.

Edited By: OneMansArmy on Dec 8th 2012, 21:18:55
See Original Post
Other than Earth Empires I also play Battlefield games:
http://www.youtube.com/user/UneManArmy/featured

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 8th 2012, 21:38:43

The minimum readiness loss from an attack is 7%.

If you are a standard government that takes 2 turns to attack, you get back 6%, so your 100% drops to 99%.

If you are tyranny, and take 1 turn only to attack, you only gain 3% back, so 100% drops to 96%.

If you are demo and take 3 turns to attack, you gain back 9%, and your 100% remains at 100%.

OneMansArmy Game profile

Dec 8th 2012, 21:42:04

Thanks Xinhuan, I am a Demo so that makes sense now.

kmang Game profile

Dec 9th 2012, 1:13:51

Originally posted by Xinhuan:

The readiness could drop more than 7%?

Sometimes after I hit my readiness has dropped to less than 97%. I wasn't making back-to-back attack. It has caused me 2 DH this age this reset.

diez Game profile

Dec 9th 2012, 1:54:54

Originally posted by kmang:
Originally posted by Xinhuan:

The readiness could drop more than 7%?

Sometimes after I hit my readiness has dropped to less than 97%. I wasn't making back-to-back attack. It has caused me 2 DH this age this reset.

it can, if you use more than 1/3 of your standing military to hit.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 9th 2012, 2:10:38

Which begs the question, are tyrants much better at doing attack runs than other gov types? Their attack turns are less but their morale exhausts more quickly. I've been wondering about that.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Grimm Game profile

Dec 9th 2012, 2:32:11

It depends on how effectively you (and your chat leaders) manage your spies.

braden Game profile

Dec 9th 2012, 4:29:46

vic being terrible at this game isn;t a bug.. ?

OneMansArmy Game profile

Dec 9th 2012, 4:48:05

Originally posted by blid:
Which begs the question, are tyrants much better at doing attack runs than other gov types? Their attack turns are less but their morale exhausts more quickly. I've been wondering about that.

Does military tech and military bases help with readiness?

Xinhuan Game profile

Dec 9th 2012, 5:56:25

@OneMansArmy: No.

@Blid: Tyrannies have a slight edge in doing attack runs. Even though all attacks do 7% minimum loss (maximum is 17% or something like that), the excess turns saved by Tyrannies can be used to perform harmful spyops and/or fling missiles.

However, the disadvantage for Tyrannies is that you cannot spam click the "Confirm Attack" button more than 4 or 5 times because your readiness will fall 4% per attack rather than just 1%; you actually have to manually intermix the attacks with other stuff. So speed-wise, Tyrannies suffer slightly unless the break is only 1k GS or something low.

We're assuming you are interested in logging out at 100% readiness here.

Demos generally are disadvantaged in wars for attack runs, EXCEPT in the following rare scenario:
A) The Democracy has a lot of stock to sell off (doesn't need to build economy) (this implies a late game war).
B) The Democracy is used as a breaker. Because the Democracy takes 3 turns to attack, he can send about 50% of his army to break, and still maintain 100% readiness instead of the standard 38% for other governments.

elvesrus

Dec 9th 2012, 5:58:03

+20% Attack Gains are nice as a tyr. you also get a lot more turns to do things other than normal attacks, like missiles and spy ops

military tech and MBs do not help with readiness, merely expenses and private market prices
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

blid

EE Patron

Dec 9th 2012, 19:29:03

I'm thinking of solo games... in Express when I have 360 the extra spy op opportunities a tyr gives aren't helpful in that situation either because the target is gonna get spied out before you're done anyway. In Tourney or Primary I guess it helps

elvesrus

Dec 10th 2012, 7:11:35

there are more things to do when regaining readiness than just spy ops. explore, build, and fire missiles are 3 quick examples. there is also the +20% attack gains which save turns as well (or more land if you want it in a non killing sense).

speed wise it doesn't hurt too much if you set things up ahead of time, even less if you are willing to lose extra military.
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

h2orich Game profile

Dec 11th 2012, 2:00:39

Simple. After the first attack you gain land, opponent lose land, which in return decreases your weapon % and increases your opponent weapon %, thus causing the fail.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Dec 12th 2012, 17:05:08

Originally posted by h2orich:
Simple. After the first attack you gain land, opponent lose land, which in return decreases your weapon % and increases your opponent weapon %, thus causing the fail.

exactly what i was going to say
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org