Verified:

Sov Game profile

Dec 17th 2012, 4:26:03

This is SoF's retal policy for unpacted Alliances and it has not been changed or altered in 2 years:-

Our retal policy is 1:1 on all non topfeeds.

Multiple hits on the same country in 24 hours from the same alliance will be retaliated 1:1 2:1 (escalating)

Multiple hits on SoF from the same country within 24hours will be retaliated 1:1 2:1 (escalating)

Topfeeds will be retalliated land:land.
- a topfeed is defined as the defender having more than 125% the land or networth of the attacker.

DH's will be retalliated 1:1 non escalating

Missile attacks will be retaliated land:land or 2:1, whichever is greater.

More than 4 attacks on a SOF country per week will be grounds for a kill.

Reparations are calculated as $27,500 per acre per week.

Since we are trying to encourage grabbing between countries the same size we see no need to keep the 72h retal window on this this means that a 48h retal window will apply on all NON topfeeds and 72h for topfeeds.

-------------------------------------------

Please note that SoF will follow this policy in regards to any retals we will take. Also note that any grabs after Week 5 and we will be seeking reimbursement of stock losses.

If you wish to talk to a SoF FA, our contacts can be found in the Alliance Directory.

Pain Game profile

Dec 17th 2012, 4:28:54

i dont accept this policy, its way too lax.
Your mother is a nice woman

Sov Game profile

Dec 17th 2012, 4:36:37

Well good thing you are pacted then :p

iScode Game profile

Dec 17th 2012, 4:38:25

no such thing as topfeeds :P
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

iScode Game profile

Dec 17th 2012, 4:38:34

ps you on irc?
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

bertz Game profile

Dec 17th 2012, 5:21:15

Originally posted by Sov:

More than 4 attacks on a SOF country per week will be grounds for a kill.

What if they're just exchanging hits?

Sov Game profile

Dec 17th 2012, 5:24:17

We do not support organized land-trading :)

bstrong86 Game profile

Dec 17th 2012, 8:02:33

then what this mean...

"Since we are trying to encourage grabbing between countries the same size we see no need to keep the 72h retal window on this this means that a 48h retal window will apply on all NON topfeeds and 72h for topfeeds."
The Death Knights

XI

Sov Game profile

Dec 17th 2012, 8:25:51

Organized land-trading and friendly grabbing are 2 different concepts.

TAN Game profile

Dec 17th 2012, 9:03:00

This is SoF's retal policy for unpacted Alliances and it has not been changed or altered in 2 years:-

It shows! That policy is ghastly and archaic! Sov, we need to have a talk about your retal policy (not that it affects us, since SoF is on perma-DNH).
FREEEEEDOM!!!

warmaniac Game profile

Dec 17th 2012, 12:25:47

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Dec 17th 2012, 12:48:36

denied.
all hits will be retalled fluff:1
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Kid Game profile

Dec 17th 2012, 13:50:21

so expensive..

cypress Game profile

Dec 17th 2012, 21:57:07

1:fluff?

hawkeyee Game profile

Dec 17th 2012, 23:21:31

#irony
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

Sov Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 1:39:15

Got something to say regarding SoF's policy regarding land-trading?

I would LOVE for Omega to give me lectures on their morals right now. Let's hear it. Or wait, you are tagged Imag now aren't you. Which is it Hawkeye?

keivisuaL Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 2:24:44

omega and morals.. its like an elephant having sex with a pig..
Innocence is something we all forget. I haven't quite, I'm naive.

the_olivers2006 Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 2:43:35

kinky!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 18th 2012, 2:48:37

New SoF policy...

Requiem gets all your retals.

Warner

Dec 18th 2012, 3:07:19

/retals Requiems post
SoF

hawkeyee Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 5:41:56

lol. wow Sov, seems like you're the one that has something to say... I was just making a joke about how useless it seems for anyone to have anti-land-trading policies since the alliances that land-trade do it anyways and those who are against it wouldn't even think to try... but since it's obvious you have some things to get off your chest about Omega might I suggest Henrik, Angel or Havoc... they're a lot more current with political affairs than I am, and as you say, I'm playing in iMag this set so I try to avoid conducting official business while I'm on leave. And not that you deserve one, but you seem to need an explanation about why I'm playing elsewhere this set - same reason I played in RD a few sets back. This game is too boring to stay in one place for too long. I'm a warmonger stuck in a netting tag. Just as I knew RD was probably going to war when I joined them, I know that iMag is probably going to war now (to that point - when's the last time iMag DIDN'T war?) Besides - when I was looking for a place to play as a change of scenery Scode was really hoping that I would check out iMag. I decided to go with RD then, so now I felt like I should see how my friends in iMag run things. I trust that's enough for you?
Minister
The Omega

Sov Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 7:03:41

Oh so you think we are stupid and believe you can lie?

Choose your words carefully next time because your own words contradict logs I have of you and other Omega leaders plotting. It would be VERY embarrassing for you and Omega if I have to post them.

BattleKJ Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 7:17:30

Do you actually believe anyone thinks you're anything but stupid Sov?

Sov Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 7:19:41

Oh look which disgraced loser shows up. How is the attention seeking working out for you?

BattleKJ Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 7:23:31

You're not very nice this morning. Whats the matter?

Pride Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 7:27:08

This thread is interesting.

hawkeyee Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 12:51:15

I dunno. As far as I'm concerned I'm not embarrassed about the way Omega communicates with allies at the beginning of a reset. I'm under the impression that most alliances make plans for a reset with their allies. I guess I must be wrong then if you think that would be embarrassing. The only thing embarrassing here is the way you're reacting. Seems you've got some personal score to settle with Omega - which is interesting considering for a while now Omega is just a bunch of old folks sitting in a corner netting away. I guess it's nice to know some people still think Omega has some influence.
Minister
The Omega

Sov Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 13:46:19

So what you are saying is, every Alliance makes plans to tagjump several members over to another Alliance at the start of the set to FS someone so they can avoid war themselves?

hawkeyee Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 20:08:03

No, I'm not saying that. I'm also not aware that that's going on in this case. I see that Henrik explained the details to you. I'm not going to talk about this stuff publicly. Frankly I'm surprised a leadership mod would promote such poor leadership tactics as having political discussions public. This whole thing started with a joke. I wasn't addressing your policies. I was addressing the irony of having policies against something that isn't going to change in a game populated by dwindling number of people who are weary of change. It could have been PDM, LaF, MD, SoL, iMag, Evo, Monsters etc. posting those policies, I would've responded the same way. You misinterpreted it as some attack on SoF. My bad. I should've been more clear. But if you have beef with Omega, take it up with the appropriate people on the appropriate forum. I'm done with this discussion here.

Edited By: hawkeyee on Dec 18th 2012, 20:17:15
See Original Post
Minister
The Omega

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Dec 18th 2012, 20:22:57

all your base are belong to fluff
you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

hawkeyee Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 20:27:49

See? Martian agrees with me.
Minister
The Omega

Kalick Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 20:32:04

I've always considered Omega to be one of the more reasonable and ethical alliances in the game.

It would take much more than them planning with their allies pre-reset, or hawkeyee and possibly other Omegans wanting a change of pace for a reset for my opinion of them to change. (Although I did think hawkeyee was an idiot for playing in RD. Imag is also odd, but less so.)

hawkeyee Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 20:45:51

Don't worry Kalick. I've got a lot of places on my list of places to play... in fact I wouldn't mind spending at least one set in every alliance in the game. That would be kind of cool.
Minister
The Omega

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 19th 2012, 1:52:52

- a topfeed is defined as the defender having more than 125% the land or networth of the attacker.

This is CRAP. Just because a country has more land does not make it a "TopFeed"
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 19th 2012, 1:57:46

Originally posted by Cerberus:

Until you get a 100 member alliance what you think doesn't matter!

braden Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 2:00:11

hawkeye was a welcomed addition to rd while he was here, as far as i recall.. ?

Sov Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 2:58:01

Originally posted by hawkeyee:
No, I'm not saying that. I'm also not aware that that's going on in this case. I see that Henrik explained the details to you. I'm not going to talk about this stuff publicly. Frankly I'm surprised a leadership mod would promote such poor leadership tactics as having political discussions public.

It may be a poor tactic in your opinion, but I would also argue your own decision making and backroom plotting has also been poor and hence I am indeed calling you out on it.

You best accept the situation as SoF is not happy with you or Omega and we are happy to debate it in the open. If you do not want to debate it in the open then you are welcome to stop defending yourself with counter-attacking arguments based on twisted facts.

Sov Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 3:00:58

Originally posted by Cerberus:

A majority of Alliances have used this policy or something similar over the past couple of years based on the mechanics of the game. I understand you have been absent from this game for some time and may not understand the grabbing mechanics here are different to E2025.

Originally posted by braden:
hawkeye was a welcomed addition to rd while he was here, as far as i recall.. ?

This may be the case Weedy, but according to Hawkeye's own words he does not appear to be very fond of RD and specific RD leaders in particular.

braden Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 3:28:27

oh, well, that is unfortunate to hear. i must have missed something? nothing new here, though :P

Helmet Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 3:32:39

bonus

hawkeyee Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 6:23:43

I actually have no problem with RD. I've spoken with Silver and Tan and Clear and Azure and all of them quite a bit about it. I'm actually quite fascinated with RD. I'm interested to learn about their history and their structure. The way they managed to play the game is really interesting - how they embedded themselves in all the major alliances etc. Personally I think it's kind of cool.

Their tactics caused a lot of grief for a lot of people - myself included then I was head of Omega and had to deal with Charcoal threatening to bot us because a rogue members suicided on him... also, I've heard that in the past threats were made in real life to get what they wanted. I don't agree with most things RD has done in their past, but I certainly don't hate them for it nor do I hold a grudge against them.

I recognize that they've changed, and with the exception of a few policy issues on which we're polar opposites, RD and Omega are quite similar in that they're made up of old timers who like to net and just mess around and don't really have any idea why we continue playing this game except that for some reason we do.

I even brought up the idea of a merger when I played in RD... jokingly of course, but at least in part serious. The only thing that would keep it from happening is history and our polar opposite policies on land trading/grabbing. But no - there's nothing to show that I'm not fond of RD, nor any of their leaders.

I was disappointed that Tan and Vic chose to manipulate the established rules regarding policing by pre-empting an FS with their own farming, but Vic and I had nice conversations after it happened. No hard feelings at all. We killed the countries, and as far as we're concerned that's that. To say that Omega has some deep hatred of RD or that I'm not fond of them is simply baseless.

When I went to RD a few sets ago I definitely didn't do it because I didn't like them. In fact, we ended up warring against MD that set. I even got a kill. That doesn't mean that I hate MD. On the contrary. As a leader in Omega I consider MD to be family. But it's a game, and in a game you have to make it fun. For me that means warring from time to time. Me tagging RD for a reset and going to war against MD is no different than me taggin iMag for a reset and going to war.

It makes the game fun for me. It's not some political ploy. It's not some cowardly way to war against Omega's enemies without dragging Omega into it. It's exactly as Henrik explained to you - a couple of guys who love warring but never get to do it doing an ally a favour by warring alongside them. If that's such an incomprehensible act then I guess we just aren't on the same page. But to suggest that Omega has some resentment of RD and are acting upon that resentment by tagging members over to another alliance to hit them is just completely baseless.

To suggest that I personally have something against RD is just as baseless, and is contrary to the evidence I presented above. I don't know what you think you know about the situation or who's telling you what half of the story but you're way off here, Sov. Omega simply doesn't have the numbers, the influence, or the mental energy to run back-room deals and plot against our enemies. We just like to know what's going on so that we can net away in peace.

Edited By: hawkeyee on Dec 19th 2012, 8:21:26
See Original Post
Minister
The Omega

Sov Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 7:24:14

I'm not even reading that wall of text lol

Paragraphs...

Sov Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 8:11:19

I tell you what though, maybe I'll just give all the logs to RD and let them decide. At least that way they can make their own judgement.

hawkeyee Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 8:28:49

There. I randomly chunked it for you.

Better? And you can send whatever logs you want to RD. They're not stupid. They know everyone on this server looks out for their own interests. They know everyone on this server looks for ways to help out their close allies. Omega is no different.

We try to stay as neutral as possible but eventually if you want to have any allies at all from time to time you need to step up and do something. A full out war at this point would likely destroy the alliance. Most of our membership is on the precipice of leaving this game. So we show our support in other ways. That doesn't mean we're some evil masterminds behind a plot, nor does it mean we have any negative feelings towards our allies' target.

Also, assuming you're referring to RD, I went to great lengths to make sure that the pre-FS farming was dealt with and left in the past. We killed the offending country, as far as we were concerned the matter was closed. I personally spoke with our allies to convince them that hitting RD for something that had already been dealt with was not the best decision, for them nor for Omega. So don't tell me Omega is plotting our allies against RD when a month ago I was trying to calm them down from hitting RD at all.

Minister
The Omega

Kumander Otbol

Dec 19th 2012, 12:52:31

update on the retal policy;

An RoR is retalled:
5:1 for the 1st offense.
Detah on the 2nd.

effective immediately. :P
Originally posted by cypress:
no reason to start slacking just because they are getting FA

fluff them....we'll steamroll them even with the FA they are getting

KaiN Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 0:52:03

if you hit us we will fluff you up!
m0m0 > you

oats Game profile

Dec 20th 2012, 2:42:12

Kain means he will probably bang your girlfriend or wife and turn them into crack addicts.