Verified:

grimjoww Game profile

Mar 7th 2013, 10:19:16

i dont think techer is gonna be competitive anymore with all the landtrading leading to super fat countries . even with very cheap bushels, income sucks so bad and will be able to stock the same amount of bushels per day with an all x rep casher/farmer..

Edited By: grimjoww on Mar 7th 2013, 10:24:00
See Original Post

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Mar 7th 2013, 10:42:20

you'd think demand for tech would have been high because of all the landtraders yet still tech is incredibly low

landtrading is way overpowered. remove all buildings from ghost acres, make it so that buildings are only destroyed.

i dont think the landtrading techers will do well either.
Originally posted by Cerberus:

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

grimjoww Game profile

Mar 7th 2013, 10:49:53

im not even sure if a 40k acre techer can make a huge difference this set.. was thinking of goin for more acres.. stucked @ 10k tpt now lol

and most all ex farmer/cashers have all their techs maxed out already while the landtraders got a decent amount of techs already as well

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Mar 7th 2013, 10:53:59

those laf bottomfeeding techers who got their land fast and managed to tech when tech was still 3000+ are the best hope for techers. what's the point of being a 40k acres landtrading techer when a 40k acre casher does better per turn than you?

This guy is destroying the U.S. Dollars position as the preferred exchange for international trade. The Chinese Ruan is going to replace it soon, then the U.S. will not have control of the IMF

locket Game profile

Mar 7th 2013, 11:07:57

The tech prices were just fine imo and will rise again once the traders start buying techs. The biggest thing hurting techers is the lack of a big bushel peak. All the landtraders have definitely changed the market though.

lenshark Game profile

Mar 7th 2013, 11:19:19

techer war strat fluffed up the tech market big time haha

Devestation Game profile

Mar 7th 2013, 11:28:43

The good traders already have most of their tech.

locket Game profile

Mar 7th 2013, 11:44:10

Originally posted by Devestation:

lol so you think the 75-100k traders who have either just stopped or not stopped trading are maxed on techs?

Pontius Pirate

EE Patron

Mar 7th 2013, 12:04:53

Originally posted by locket:

lol so you think the 75-100k traders who have either just stopped or not stopped trading are maxed on techs?
the ops I have suggest that most are or are close, yes

Son Goku Game profile

Mar 7th 2013, 14:48:36

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:

Not even close. There's not a single trader that has HALF their final tech amount.

grimjoww Game profile

Mar 7th 2013, 15:19:29

yepp

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 7th 2013, 15:32:22

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:

You have a very different idea of what is "maxed on techs" then. All of them don't even have half the total amounts they need - especially when practically all of them have no Military tech.

grimjoww Game profile

Mar 7th 2013, 16:40:34

i agree , most fat farmers still are halfway with their production techs as well as military tech.. hopefully tech will spike a bit once they are finished rebuilding and start to max their techs

BigBen Game profile

Mar 8th 2013, 3:14:39

Eventually techers will be back. Land trading is MAYBE 60% of optimal right now. Most traders need more tech while trading and need a lot more tech to stockpile and need it earlier.

Had we not been suicided last reset PDM would have set NW records but now LaF will set them this reset with their traders. I actually think with the LG formulas the way they are that the max limit for legit NW is around $550M and no one will come close.

Tech is a MAJOR part of maxing trading, most haven't realized just how much it matters just yet. Give it a couple resets.

Son Goku Game profile

Mar 8th 2013, 3:36:24

Originally posted by BigBen:
I actually think with the LG formulas the way they are that the max limit for legit NW is around $550M and no one will come close.

Tech is a MAJOR part of maxing trading, most haven't realized just how much it matters just yet. Give it a couple resets.

There were about ~3-4 traders that were properly teched and trading correctly outside of LaF. In order to grab more you have to trade with people who lack income and therefore aren't fully built. Biggest issue with trading right now is the lack of top notch people to trade with. You run out of good partners very fast, just adding in ~10 LaF traders this reset will complete change the dynamic of the top ten. The entire top ten should be higher than any previous trader.

Vic Game profile

Mar 8th 2013, 5:13:40

i guess i dont understand the economics here.
if more and more landtrading farmers appear, there will certainly be room on the value chain for a few techers to provide those traders with agri and a few other essentials.

the more land the traders acquire, the more tech they'll need.
the more trading farmers that pop up, the greater the chance that people are playing a strat other than techer - which increases techers relative effectiveness.

Vic Game profile

Mar 8th 2013, 5:22:04

i guess you could argue that the relative effectiveness of techers diminishes when bushel margins shrink (i.e. no peak) ...
but i suppose this effect is also felt by farmers.

locket Game profile

Mar 8th 2013, 6:13:00

Ben shhh. Dont tell them how to properly run their bad countries :P If anyone had gone casher this set I could have set a nw record.. too bad most of my land came from those damned farmers :(

Marshal Game profile

Mar 8th 2013, 11:57:20

26 non-warring theos (theo techers i assume) and 76 demos (some of those are warring and not all are techers) and 441 other govts (many of those are warring) so go figure why tech prices suck (warrers selling low could be major reason).
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

bertz Game profile

Mar 8th 2013, 12:00:55

Less demand obviously

iScode Game profile

Mar 8th 2013, 19:44:28

some demos are warring????

idiots...
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Marshal Game profile

Mar 8th 2013, 20:57:34

monsters have 1 demo, laf has alot (no idea how actively laf is hitting).

Devestation Game profile

Mar 8th 2013, 21:58:03

Well bite me, I've got most of my tech. :P

Marshal Game profile

Mar 8th 2013, 22:58:22

let's kill deves so he needs to buy more techs. :P

Magellaan Game profile

Mar 8th 2013, 23:41:02

all techers should commit espionage and then sell the tech back to the landtraders.
Not MD, fake Magellaan.

Rockman Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 1:07:46

Originally posted by Marshal:
26 non-warring theos (theo techers i assume) and 76 demos (some of those are warring and not all are techers) and 441 other govts (many of those are warring) so go figure why tech prices suck (warrers selling low could be major reason).

monsters have 1 demo, laf has alot (no idea how actively laf is hitting).

LaF has a lot of democracy techers because they aren't at war.

Seriously, its not that hard to know whether or not Laf is at war. How could you manage to screw up that one? You've got an incredible ability to be wrong.

Marshal Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 11:47:42

Originally posted by Rockman:

so its laf to be blamed due low tech prices.

Rockman Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 13:58:56

Originally posted by Rockman:

so its laf to be blamed due low tech prices.

Yes, but we also have the most landtraders, and we have purchased more tech than any other alliance.

The alliance to blame wouldn't be the alliance with the most techers, but rather the alliance whose techer to casher to farmer ratio is most out of whack

tellarion Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 14:20:36

What qualifies as out of whack?

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 14:24:52

Well, he said "most out of whack", so what qualifies as out of whack doesn't matter, what matters is the one that has the "most" unbalanced ratio.

tellarion Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 14:29:09

And what would you consider to be unbalanced?

ZIP Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 15:06:34

well i read someplace someone was blaming landtraders for the tech markek - the more land you have the more tech you need unless you are talking about a teching landtrader that can tech so much and can pretty much crash a market by them self. idk

if landtraders is the problem then stop accepting l;l. That is one way we keep landtraders in check in FFa, 1:1
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 15:33:03

Originally posted by tellarion:

You completely missed the point.

Again, it doesn't matter what is considered unbalanced. Rockman's point is the clan that has the most unbalanced one (even if you would not consider it unbalanced) is the one to blame.

smlandau84 Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 15:46:37

This thread is retarded.

Tech is is the high demand because more land means more income and more income means more tech needed.

The reason tech prices are low is because there are way too many techers. Landtrading and big countries help techers 10 fold, there's way way way too much tech on this server. It's supply and demand, think about it.

tellarion Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 15:56:39

Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Originally posted by tellarion:

You completely missed the point.

Again, it doesn't matter what is considered unbalanced. Rockman's point is the clan that has the most unbalanced one (even if you would not consider it unbalanced) is the one to blame.

I think YOU completely missed my point. If the 'alliance to blame' is the one with the most unbalanced ratio of cashers to farmers to techers, then what is considered a balanced ratio?? 1 casher to 2 farmers to 1 techer for example?

ZIP Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 16:33:42

You still don' get it. One set the low ratio may be 1:1.6 farmers cashers. One set it may be 1:2.3 you can't say every set 1:1.7 is going to be the low cause the low alliance will vary set to set
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 16:47:00

Exactly. There is no magic "perfect ratio" number, because the ratio varies from set to set.

One reset, 1 techer for every 4 countries might be perfect with all the techers at 20k land. But the next reset, 1 techer for every 7 countries might be perfect because the techers all decided to be 30k land.

In both cases, if tech is too low priced, the alliance with the ratio highest ratio away from 1:4 and 1:7 respectively would be the culprit.

And in both cases, if tech is too high priced, the alliance with the lowest ratio away from 1:4 and 1:7 respectively would be the one to blame.

It doesn't matter what the balanced ratio is, it's not a fixed number. The next reset might have so many landtraders going for 100k land that 1 techer for every 3 countries might not even be enough.

tellarion Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 16:59:55

I still DO get it ffs. What's the point of saying such a general statement like that then?

In any given reset, whichever alliance is doing it wrong is responsible for the conditions of the market in that reset. That's basically what Rockman and yourself are saying. I'm simply asking him(and you) to clarify with something a bit more measurable. Given that we are talking about the tech market in THIS reset, what does he consider to be out of whack as far as the ratio of techers to cashers to farmers? Which alliance does he think is 'responsible' for the current state of things.

Here's another example of the uselessness of such generalizations: The person who gets the highest networth is the person that plays the best. Yeah, no fluffing fluff...

Xinhuan Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 17:55:51

I'm not about to go work out the techer to non-techer ratio in each alliance and then reply you with the highest one. That's why it is stated as a generalization, and one you can work out if you so desire.

The reason why the "useless" generalization was even made by Rockman was him rebutting Marshal's post which stated "so its laf to be blamed due low tech prices."

Rockman Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 18:48:09

It's hard to pin down the ratio because it depends on the sizes of the countries involved and when they choose to start stockpiling, and when the techers choose to start destocking.

However, I would say that LaF is more responsible than anyone else for the lack of a food peak, which hurts techers even more than these tech prices do. That statement isn't based on calculation, it's just based on the amount of food production I see coming from LaF.

Son Goku Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 19:51:23

YOU DON'T GET IT

Marshal Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 20:26:13

laf has 24 theos and demos (most of that 24 are demos) and ~half of those are very fat, pdm has 16 theos and demos but not as fatty as laf's, rd has 17 theos and demos and their best are ~as fat as lafs.

wari Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 20:36:10

A landtrading casher isn't feasible this reset due to a total lack of landtrading cashers.

I hope you bought your tech already.

The game isn't broken, just different.

Adapt
React
Readapt
Act

Figure it out or fall in at the back of the line with the bottomfeeders and the commie indies.

Son Goku Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 20:57:21

Originally posted by wari:
Figure it out or fall in at the back of the line with the bottomfeeders and the commie indies.

A bottomfeeder finished 370m NW.

Vic Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 21:22:44

lmao wari is such a n00b

locket Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 21:32:15

Originally posted by wari:
A landtrading casher isn't feasible this reset due to a total lack of landtrading cashers.

I hope you bought your tech already.

The game isn't broken, just different.

Adapt
React
Readapt
Act

Hey I got to a nice acreage as a casher :P

Also lol@this thread.

The clans who do not have a balance of all strats are the ones who fluff fluff up for others. Lately it has been war clans all going techer imo.

wari Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 22:19:50

I don't think any alliance is to blame for somehow knocking the balance of strats on the server out of whack. Everybody's pretty uniform as to what you'd expect from them, and the landtraders are what they are. Expected, given the success we've seen from them. Kind of monkey see, monkey do.

A smart techer could still beat them all, but maybe not this reset, with this food market.

Unless they're *really* smart.

Doable, but not without exhaustive effort.

Devestation Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 22:41:37

Going slightly off on a tangent, I actually really like how the market changes at random from set to set- casher is the obvious winner this set, but it could be techer or farmer or casher next set. Furthermore, our political actions actually have a significant effect- a big war starting in the middle of the set is going to drastically change the market. There's few other similar games out there that do this so well.

Marshal Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 22:50:38

techer has sucked 2 sets in row so 3rd wouldn't surprise me.

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Mar 9th 2013, 23:17:41

WARI! YOU ARE CORRECT THAT THE WEAK TECH MARKET CANNOT BE BLAMED ON ANY SPECIFIC ALLIANCE. INSTEAD, IT CAN BE BLAMED ON ONE SPECIFIC PLAYER.

THIS IS CLEARLY ALL XINHUAN'S FAULT! NOT ONLY DID HE WIN HANDILY WITH A TECH COUNTRY TWO RESETS AGO, HE DID IT WITH A VERY LAND SKINNY TECH COUNTRY. SINCE THAT TIME, WE HAVE NOT SEEN THE TECH OR FOOD MARKETS PERFORM AS USUAL.

MARSHAL IS PROBABLY CORRECT. WE WILL SEE ONE MORE RESET OF LOW TECH PRICES BEFORE PEOPLE FINALLY COME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT THEY CAN'T PLAY TECH LIKE XINHUAN. I PREDICT THAT JULY WILL BE A VERY GOOD MONTH TO BE PLAYING A TECH COUNTRY.