Verified:

Vic Game profile

May 11th 2013, 14:18:47

should i ab him?
or?
2:2?

land?

what's the etiquette? how should i welcome myself to the server?
thx

st0ny Game profile

May 11th 2013, 14:22:15

let it go and just tech! lol
Originally posted by LATC:
"Don't complain. Assess & adjust."

blid

EE Patron

May 11th 2013, 14:43:25

It's a 2 month long set. Do you want to end it in the first week because some guy took 300 land from you instead of 150? Can you even retal him at all in any near-term amount of time? Anyway, people that grab that aggressively have a lighted fuse on the timeline of their country.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Vic Game profile

May 11th 2013, 14:54:18

that doesn't entirely answer my question blid ...
how long until a retal becomes expired on this server ? what's the general consensus on that?

Chewi Game profile

May 11th 2013, 14:56:02

Do you know how GDI works on this server?

Vic Game profile

May 11th 2013, 15:00:28

no chewi i do not buddy

Cannon Game profile

May 11th 2013, 15:00:54

Most people have a 72 hour retal window but I say if you hit the guy back within 72 hours its a retal and that's fine, and if you hit a guy back after 72 hours its a grab and thats also fine, as long as it's just one hit. As for dealing with double taps? Up to you man. Everyone has their own way

Vic Game profile

May 11th 2013, 15:01:39

i assumed it was the same deal as express.
insulates you from threat of harmful spy ops / ab's/br's/missiles unless you've double tapped?

that's why i was asking.
i am in gdi and if this is like express and someone was bonehead enough to double tap and move them self into ab range when they wouldn't have been before, then i want to make sure i pay them a visit

Vic Game profile

May 11th 2013, 15:01:55

thanks cannon !

Chewi Game profile

May 11th 2013, 15:06:19

Correct on GDI. My rule is if someone does something that would cause me to need to hit them more than once I usually go all out since it opens me to special attacks.

Vic Game profile

May 11th 2013, 15:07:24

ok so then i guess blid is saying he'll get his and there are plenty of guys that will take up the battle for me. no need to ruin my netting set over it.

but glad it works like express.

thanks buddies of vic!

Chewi Game profile

May 11th 2013, 15:09:52

Based on his grabbing #152 will almost certainly get ABed by the end of set.

blid

EE Patron

May 11th 2013, 15:27:28

Yah he'll get his, look at him. He won't last longer than another week or two.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Serpentor Game profile

May 11th 2013, 21:37:13

And Vic, there is no accepted Retal window. Everyone enforces what they want or feel like. Some people may have issue with it and enforce what they want. Most players will try to hit back within 3 days, or as close to it as they can, as a courtesy to avoid conflict though.

Some players will hit back a month later and then its up to you if you want to hit him back again and open yourself up to throwing away your netting set. And usually a double tap or even hitting a target twice over the whole set end up in a barrage of AB's or missiles, or ops.
The EEVIL Empire

Xinhuan Game profile

May 11th 2013, 23:11:46

Originally posted by Vic:
that doesn't entirely answer my question blid ...
how long until a retal becomes expired on this server ? what's the general consensus on that?

The consensus is "whatever you can enforce". Which pretty muchs means nothing, because what it comes down to is gambling on whether the other guy will throw away his set to war you if you retal more than once, or whether you even want to risk that to begin with.

I would say most of the the server accept a retal window that lasts the entire reset. The ones that don't will war over it.

Spy ops are pretty broken on solo servers, by the way. People can and will steal 30 turns of tech from you daily (GDI doesn't protect this spy op nor Bomb Banks) and there is nothing you can do about it without throwing the reset away.

I've attacked countries before, only to be "retalled" by having massive amounts of tech stolen (by massive, I mean over 900k tech points). And you can't do anything about this - if you break GDI, the bomb structures comes in and you're completely ruined. It's typically better to just suck up the 2-3m finishing NW loss from the market value of the tech that you have to buy back.

Edited By: Xinhuan on May 11th 2013, 23:17:50
See Original Post

blid

EE Patron

May 11th 2013, 23:23:17

If I understand it correctly, black ops have the same success rate as intel ops, as it stands. Can anyone confirm? That is wild.

Karim Game profile

May 12th 2013, 7:25:29

Originally posted by Chewi:
Based on his grabbing #152 will almost certainly get ABed by the end of set.

Almost certainly.
-[Panzer Division MD]-

Vic Game profile

May 12th 2013, 13:12:22

thanks xin!
thanks everyone

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

May 12th 2013, 13:46:27

Vic, the retal window I use on people is all set.
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

May 17th 2013, 6:10:21

It's an act of war, Vic. Respond like it.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!