Verified:

Trife Game profile

Jul 23rd 2010, 20:04:09

I don't know if this has been suggested already, but excuse me if it has..

Why don't we make it so that countries in the same tag cannot landgrab or attack another country in the same tag.

Of course, if someone goes on a farming/suiciding spree, it's own alliance would be able to boot the country out of the tag before killing the country before it could cause more problems.

Also, if a member of an alliance was quitting, all they would have to do is have a few people lined up to take his land a few seconds after he/she detags.

Granted I've only thought about it for a few minutes, but I can't see any reason as to why this shouldn't be enacted.

Cheers

Marshal Game profile

Jul 23rd 2010, 20:35:26

example 1: netting strat runner(s) gets grabbed by some big country and getting enuf military (and maybe weap and milstrat techs) to break attacker would cost alot at beginning and increased military expenses later so retaller(s) retal hit(s) and netter(s) take his/her/their land back from retaller(s) with much less expenses than getting enuf military to get it back by him/herself/themselves.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Detmer Game profile

Jul 23rd 2010, 21:52:42

Why shouldn't countries in an alliance be able to grab one another? In a team game, team mates should be able to interact any way they want.

Fuzzy Logic Game profile

Patron

Jul 23rd 2010, 23:26:15

Originally posted by Detmer:
Why shouldn't countries in an alliance be able to grab one another? In a team game, team mates should be able to interact any way they want.

Because it could lead to stupid bullfluff that requires changing mechanics.

Also: You can't attack a country you're directly allied to, so why should you be able to grab a you're allied to in some form of tag?

azmodii Game profile

Jul 23rd 2010, 23:33:34

And what of suiciders then? You have to detagg them?
Whats stopping someone from detagging - Hitting the land farm - Retagging. Sure you could put a 72 hour limit on it, But thats also a common limit for FA related stuff. What happens if one of your clanmates goes awol and suicides on a larger clan - You detag and kill in most cases. If there was any level of "Cooling off" period that wouldnt work - And it would make FA a whole new gamepark.
- EoEA ~ End Of Earth Alliance -

"I will slaughter them like a wolf among lambs! The rivers will run red with the blood of my enemies, the skies will rain fire! And when the land parts beneath them... I shall be the in emptiness waiting!"

Fuzzy Logic Game profile

Patron

Jul 23rd 2010, 23:34:59

Heaven forbid anyone have to think while playing this game :P

rpottage Game profile

Jul 24th 2010, 1:14:50

Because it wouldn't work. It would just end up like team server, where you'd have like 4 or 5 different tags for clans.

Like LAE1, LAE2, LAE3, etc.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 24th 2010, 18:48:03

on my example and no intertag grabbing retallers would need to detag to provide land back to netters and knowing how closely "some" players watch detag-news at irc that detagger could get farmed to ground inside few mins.

GoodPeace Game profile

Jul 25th 2010, 13:12:29

How about just turning off the ghost acres on intra clan SS/PS and leave everything else be as it is.

I don't remember the debate/reasoning for creating the ghost acres system, but I find it bad for the game, if it's used as an intra clan land generator.
La Cosa Nostra

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 25th 2010, 13:23:54

to be honest, GoodPeace, how is it bad? not sure if i agree with the morals of it, but if clans group together, who are you to say that they can't hit each other?

IMO, it could easilly keep some bigger, land hungry, clans from farming the life out of the little guys.. are they really going to notice it very much?

tho it will always be deemed one of the more immoral things to do.

*shrug* there's many reasons to keep ghost acres in, in their entirety.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

Marshal Game profile

Jul 25th 2010, 18:24:27

ghost acres provide land for attacker too after retal unless other alliance (there are some who have that policy outside pact terms) retal rules say that ghost acres are included on retals.

GoodPeace Game profile

Jul 25th 2010, 21:45:29

Countries A & B in same clan

A grabs B for 100 acres and 80 ghost acres. B lose 100 acres.
B grabs A back for 100 acres and 80 ghost acres. A lose 100 acres.

80+80 acres are created in a technical itch without any real gameplay going on, no interaction between clans, no excitement for players, only dumb bytes hopping around. We might as well put in a button that allows one to sell 5000 jets and get 30 acres.

La Cosa Nostra

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 26th 2010, 15:16:06

GoodPeace: have you read the new ghost acre rules?

As for why ghost acres are necessary:

The game is stagnant without an increase in land; a large chunk of this game is gaining land. When land is created only by exploring, then the people who explore necessarily get attacked unceasingly by people who grab. The players who do well are the ones who farm the crap out of the top explorers.

Now, with ghost acres, grabbers create land; this creates a situation where grabbers can attack other grabbers and, TECHNICALLY, no exploring is necessary; this removes much of the farming burden from n00bs who have no chance otherwise.

One of the classic problems in this game is getting new players, because new players don't know how to run a country very well and, consequently, get farmed to death; and that's just not that fun you know? So ghost acres remove some of the pressure on them; though in its previous version (before the Jun 22nd change) I think it still encouraged bottomfeeding, I think the new one will do that less so.
Finally did the signature thing.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 26th 2010, 17:56:10

grabbers create land but some Alliances retallers take that back too so .........

GoodPeace Game profile

Jul 26th 2010, 21:35:32

qzjul, no, I am not sure I have read them, I suppose that's what you posted here. I do acknowledge that the ghost acre system encourages grabbing of equally levelled grabbers, and I do fully understand that. I do personally find it alot more satisfying to do one grab of 2000 acres than 100 grabs of 20 acres.

However, I don't see anything in your post about intra clan grabbing, and that's what I was trying to discuss before.
La Cosa Nostra

GoodPeace Game profile

Jul 26th 2010, 21:40:53

Ah, now I just read the changes to ghost acre calculations with the new DR factor.

I can see how it will make intra-clan fake land creation less favorable, so it'll be interesting to see if any land fakers will try something next set, and get less ghost acres out of it.
La Cosa Nostra