Verified:

ICe Man

Jul 23rd 2010, 17:19:57

anyway you could get it to where you could recall individual goods?
Thank God, for I'm a blessed man.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 23rd 2010, 17:41:49

yea it could be done
have to think about it though
Finally did the signature thing.

ICe Man

Jul 23rd 2010, 18:33:41

maybe 2 turns per item or 3 for all or something?
Thank God, for I'm a blessed man.

Havoc Game profile

Jul 23rd 2010, 20:25:57

Seconded
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Trife Game profile

Jul 23rd 2010, 20:31:52

I also vote that it requires a few more turns to do a market recall, then people might be more careful about prices?

Perhaps 5 turns?

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 24th 2010, 20:22:06

why not "tax" returned goods based on your government's market tax as well as using a few turns. 2 turns like ice said for 1 type of good or 5(why make it only 3?) for all.

3 turns just isn't a stiff enough penalty for market recall.. it makes the same impact for recalling 10k turrets as it does to recall 1mil turrets. using a tax or percentage of teh goods as well will make it a much better implementation to the game.

i think that tihs market recall is a good addition to the game, but it shouldn't be something that absolutely everybody uses and uses often.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 25th 2010, 12:30:59

I like it... Makes my de-stocking easier. I don't see the issue here other than some people being undercut sometimes but it's still all about supply and demand.

The only difference is now the equilibrium price will be obtained a little faster than if you had to wait for goods to come back.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 25th 2010, 13:21:24

it should have a very stiff penalty. picking the right price to sell goods at on the market has always been considered a good skill to have, in the past. now it seems all you need to do is keep a few turns spare, set the price high, and gradually bring it down.

needs a much stiffer penalty than just 3 turns, to make you think twice about using it, and pick a better price in the first place.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 25th 2010, 20:07:15

Well I'm a big fan of a banking/ silo/ oil tank/ etc. system to save goods rather than using the market as a bank but without that option this is a good way to make your stockpile more liquid. In that regard I like being able to re-call. I can't say that I've ever used the recall goods feature because I didn't correctly price my goods.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 26th 2010, 8:20:10

... the whole point of storing goods on the market has been that as a penalty, you couldn't access those goods again for another 72 hours, no matter what. now, with a click of a button, you can get everything, absolutely everything, back.

what I'm saying is that completely changes the balance of market mechanics in the game an shouldn't be the thing to do.. i mean, GREAT, have the option to recall goods immediately, but have a much stiffer penalty for doing it than just 3 measly turns even if it's just a random percentage loss between 1 and 2%. Something like that would make someone think twice about waiting another X hours or losing anywhere between 3mil and 6mil food when recalling 300mil bushels(as an example). still accomplished your wish of a "more liquid" stockpile, but includes a penalty that may keep you from using it.

losing 3 turns does nothing, not a deterrent at all.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 26th 2010, 15:09:00

Surprisingly enough though Zarcon, it hasn't *really* changed the market at all =/

Most people don't *want* their goods to come back if they're storing them. And they're priced so high as to not affect the market.

I don't see why it should cost more to recall than it already does, 3 turns is quite a high price for something you can otherwise just wait for; all you'll lose otherwise is some turns anyway....

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 26th 2010, 15:09:07

(and some sleep probably)

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 26th 2010, 19:06:07

Your clan gets FS'd.. you want to recall all your goods

Old style: wait 72 hours from when u sold them regardless.

New style: lose 3 turns...

just doesn't seem like it compares at all to the old system. sure having to wait a while to get your stuff back sucked, but it was part of the game. if you're going to remove that aspect, at least make it a bit tougher to achieve. just taking 3 turns away doesn't really accomplish much when u consider the potential gains that country gets from getting their goods back and repriced so much faster.

taking away some percentage of the goods seems like a much better deterrent.

-iZarcon
EE Developer

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 26th 2010, 21:10:26

and it's 48 hours btw zarcon

but yea an FS is one of the things it changes....

incidentally though, that's more of an anti-FS thing, which is probably the direction we should be going from what most of the war people i've heard have said....

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 27th 2010, 0:37:45

Why would you deter something like this? I think its a step in the right direction... If you want to take the FS example this is more of a reason to keep it. Being FS is already such a disadvantage. If you're saying you can't have a good FS because your opponent is re-calling their goods and out growing you then that should say something about your war strategy not the fact that they can recall goods.

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 27th 2010, 7:49:38

Thanx for teh correction qz.

Regardless of that, requiem, if you need your stockpile to be more liquid then maybe you should rethink your netting strategy?

Didn't say that i was having problems with war strat. I do agree that FS needed weakened, but making stockpile completely liquid for the sake of 3 measly turns isn't good.

To go with qz's usual stance on game changes, i haven't heard anyone say that the 3 turns is too much of a penalty. The reason is because it isn't and no netter in their right mind would ask for more penalty.
-iZarcon
EE Developer

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 27th 2010, 7:52:22

its a pretty big hit for techers and not so much for others

which is good in a way since techer is generally stronger

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 27th 2010, 8:00:44

Just had to say something. 3 turns isn't a big hit. Sure its a hit on techers to a minute extent, but how can you justify big? Also, the ability to recall tech that's priced a bit high could encourage techers to price high initially with the ability to easilly recall unsold tech and reprice. I'd say that gain far outweighs the 3 turn loss
-iZarcon
EE Developer

diez Game profile

Jul 28th 2010, 5:43:15

3 turns per goods type would do just fine me thinks.

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 28th 2010, 8:07:32

on primary you have 54 turns a day, if you recall and sell every day thats 3 turns out of 53 turns (-1 for selling)

when stocking that is 5.66% so tech prices would have to be falling by at least 5.66% in 52-54 hours minus perhaps 24 since the last time you logged in to make it worthwhile, perhaps 2 additional days play if you always play once a day at the same time

that would be about 3% a day, which is probably about right

more likely though is you sell perhaps half your tech you had for sale, so you instead would have to lose 11.32% on the tech you recall making it more like 6% in a day that tech would need to fall

and if you could play soon after it came home then its only 1 extra day not selling

but during a grabbing phase if you gain 1k acres a day in primary you will be spending ~20 turns out of 54 doing that, leaving only about 33 turns for teching for 9% of your income

again if you sold half tech would need to drop by 18% in the time before you got your tech back

team is an interisting one in that if you can wait about an extra 2-3 hours from your regular play time you get it all back without recalling, making recall expensive there even though turns are 102 a day almost double primary