Verified:

viperbeauty Game profile

Jun 16th 2013, 22:09:08

I need help getting better net gains. I can never seem to get above 6-7mil NW. what do I do? i play on express if that matters.

screenshot of my stats below
http://postimg.org/image/s2jsvpvu7/

Xinhuan Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 1:04:38

The problem with your country is that you are not specializing in a strategy type, resulting in a very inefficient country (production wise).

There are 4 main strategies:

Industrialist:
Has 95% of their lands as Industrial Complexes, almost always Communism as the government. The other 5% is CSes. For Express, you need only about 50-60 BPT (buldings per turn), so not more than 200-220 CSes (construction sites), for the typical 20k+ sized country that gets into the top 10.

The Industrialist only makes military units, and sells them on the public market. He buys everything else (food, tech, oil). Your production tech is Indy.

Casher:
As the name suggests, you specialize your buildings in 45% residential, 45% business, 5% industralist (set to 100% spies), and 5% CS. You make cash, and buy everything you need. Production tech is res and bus in equal amounts.

Farmer:
90% Farms, 5% Indy (set to 100% spies), 5% CS. Production tech is Agriculture. You make food and only food - you sell food to buy units, tech.

Techer:
90% labs, 5% Indy (set to 100% spies), 5% CS. You only produce tech, and you sell tech to buy everything else.

For cashers and techers, it is especially important to note that the production value of each building is multiplied by the percentage of your land that is built as labs (and similarly res and bus for casher), that is why you want to have close to 90-95% buildings built as your strategy type.

Indies and farmers can afford to diversify slightly, but not by much, since you only have this much income to buy tech with, and you want to specialize so you only need to buy 1 production tech (2 for cashers).

It would look like your country is set to be a casher (based on the enormous amounts of res/bus techs), but your production is crippled by having all that labs and farms that you do not want to have - rebuild them into res/ent instead. The additional income you would make would far exceed (3 to 5 times) the production you would get out of them as farms on a low Agriculture tech level.

And labs don't even do anything unless you actually spend the turn to tech (research). The Tech-Per-Turn formula (and other formulas) can be found at:
http://wiki.earthempires.com/index.php/Game_Formulas

I would advise you to study the formulas for some insights. For a text-based game, understanding the game formulas is a must to understand the basis concepts of how the various strategies work. When to grow, when to stop growing, when to stock, when to destock, when to jump, when to stop getting bonus A and get Bonus B instead, etc, are all mathematically governed (opportunity cost of doing A vs doing B). Some governments are thus more suitable for some strategies (specializations) than others.

The 50-60 BPT "ideal" figure comes about generally when you try to minimize the turns used to build CSes, and the amount of turns used to build other buildings after that (that is, you differentiate the "Turns to Build X CS and Y buildings" formula against "Turns" and equate it to 0 to find the minimum point).

Edited By: Xinhuan on Jun 17th 2013, 1:10:55
See Original Post

chem20 Game profile

Jun 17th 2013, 19:49:57

sg

viperbeauty Game profile

Jun 18th 2013, 21:17:06

i changed my country around, im now making 2kk and it's steadily rising.

Marshal1

Jun 18th 2013, 21:37:29

casher, farmer or techer? if casher sell agri tech away, if techer spead techpoints to other techs too, farmer get more agri tech.
galleri: fluff off marshal

archaic: FFS when Marshal has stood out as maybe the brightest person on the whole thread . . . fluff me, I'm going to go smoke a joint and reevaluate some fluff

sinistril: Oh snap, Marshal destroyed galleri. Thought I'd

viperbeauty Game profile

Jun 19th 2013, 1:11:47

im doing 45% bus/res and 5% cs. i destroyed all my other buildings.

so i just sell my tech except bus/res and just buy food that i need from market?

Xinhuan Game profile

Jun 19th 2013, 1:59:28

Yes. Your income is a lot higher if you specialize in one type of production (i.e ent/bus for casher), and just focus your attention on the techs that increase that production (res/bus). You won't need Agriculture, or Industrial tech.

For all your food, military, oil needs, buy them from the public market.

Basically, the goal is to maximize what your country can produce, in terms of a "$ per acre per turn". Look at the formula pages again. If you are making $2m and you have say 5k land (just a number I guessed), then you are making $400 per acre per turn.

Comparatively to a farmer, 1 farm makes 5.3 food x Agri tech x $food price per turn, which for a typical farmer, might be 5.3 x 220% x $40 = $466.4 per acre.

Obviously public prices affect all of this, and same with your government's commission %.

Cashers tend to be either Democracy, Republic or Theocracy.

deepcode Game profile

Nov 9th 2013, 5:08:52

Good to see new players in this game :)

Vic Game profile

Dec 1st 2013, 4:49:31

nice work viperbeauty stick with it man!
xinhuan is truly one of the best 'earth' minds OF ALL TIME, listen to him and implement and you will be seeing yourself in t10 very soon

Marshal Game profile

Dec 1st 2013, 13:18:37

might be gone since no posts since end of june.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....