Verified:

st0ny Game profile

May 11th 2013, 12:47:51

i would really like to see some changes in the form of JETS to TURRETS RATIO.

something along the lines of maybe a max of 1.5jets:1turret...
restrict ppl from buying/producing anymore jets once they've hit the 1.5:1 ratio just like how they limit your land exploring..

Edited By: st0ny on Dec 13th 2013, 14:54:49
See Original Post
Originally posted by LATC:
"Don't complain. Assess & adjust."

iZarcon Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 11th 2013, 13:45:28

i am not sure why we would do this. we dont really want to limit all possibilities from playing styles. all jetter is still pretty risky, even with GDI
-iZarcon
EE Developer

http://www.letskillstuff.org

st0ny Game profile

May 11th 2013, 14:13:03

i would agree that an all jetter is another playing style... but, only in alliance server where you have tag protection. in express, you can still probably call it a playing style. a style that almost always involves being a suicide country.

i could be wrong. i dont know. maybe i aint thinking straight right now... just got ABed to the ground for doing a land:land retal on an all jetter.

isnt there something you guys could do to curb these kind of play? maybe allow for land:land retal on a topfeed without breaking the terms of GDI?

blid

EE Patron

May 11th 2013, 16:31:04

The ratio wouldn't work, lots of people make their first grabs with no defense and then fill in the defense after making the hits
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

blid

EE Patron

May 11th 2013, 16:32:15

What happened to you sucks a lot but you can't make rules against all types of a-holes unfortunately. They'd still find ways to be a-holes anyway
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

st0ny Game profile

May 11th 2013, 16:51:55

yea... sucks right? which is why i'm going to play like a prick from now on whenever i play in express...

basically meaning that only i can hit ppl. i will only topfeed. given a chance, i will ab them to the ground. i dont play to win. i play to screw up ppl's effort.

so watch out ppl! :D

blid

EE Patron

May 11th 2013, 17:18:51

yah, say the guy top fed, and you hit back L:L, and there was something to prevent him from ABing because L:L retals were built into the game. He could then just top feed you again anyway, right? :(

but don't become one of them. you know how it feels to be the victim! it sucks and makes a waste of all your time. why would you want to do that to someone? but lots of people have played express and won and not had it happen to them. there's not an infinite wealth of topfeeders and game ruiners, just a few bad apples. you will have more luck next time, or the time after.

blid

EE Patron

May 11th 2013, 17:23:15

oh, another thing though. a lot of people think topfeeding is fair play. and they think 1:1 retals are the way it should be too. it's definitely a stupid opinion if you ask me but the country in question might think they are the one that got wronged, and that you deserved the ABs heh. it's a real possibility

st0ny Game profile

May 11th 2013, 17:56:34

blid... his attacked me right after my turrets sold in the market. the fella waited on me to sell.

after i used up some of my turns, there's no way his attack could penetrate me... that was why he resorted to AB... that was also after demoralizing my troops too. he spent maybe about 15-20 turns demoralizing before ABing me... i had 360k spies and good intel allies (one with close to 300k and the other 2xxk). for him to be able to demoralize me 9 out of 10 times... he planned to do this right from the start.

if you spied him you'll see his units... about 100k tanks, 2-300k turrets and all jets... i mean wtf?! he topfeeds me and expect me to retal with just 1 hit while i'm trying to fight for the top spot against a rep with landfarms (i cant be sure if its his landfarms)? and best part... that rep dbl tapped #86 even before #86 hit me... again, i'm just assuming here but wouldnt you hit the rep if you were #86? that rep has no weapons tech and was sitting on 3.5m turrets while i'm a commi with 3.3m turrets that has not even touched him before. WTF right?

and blid... honestly, i do somehow feel like there are players out there with multiple countries or a bunch of players making sure their friends win. i mean come on... everytime i have a good set this happens... how unlucky can one be?!

after all this... i'm just gonna play suicide till the game changes the rules regarding turn-saving-alljetter-topfeeds in express. i'm sure i can piss enough ppl off to start them making some noise here in the forums. heck i might even win a set playing this way. i'm sure after playing a few sets of being a suicider with the same country name... no one would want to mess with me... :D

blid

EE Patron

May 11th 2013, 18:13:09

Originally posted by st0ny:
and blid... honestly, i do somehow feel like there are players out there with multiple countries or a bunch of players making sure their friends win. i mean come on... everytime i have a good set this happens... how unlucky can one be?!
I think there are too. When I had the most land in the game a few sets ago I had an all-x player make his one attack of the round 20 minutes before no more attacks were allowed, just to topfeed me. He had only 50 turns on hand at the time, so there was no point in him even attacking me except to help someone else or hurt me.
http://www.eestats.com/express/oldcountry/449/107
Originally posted by st0ny:
after all this... i'm just gonna play suicide till the game changes the rules regarding turn-saving-alljetter-topfeeds in express. i'm sure i can piss enough ppl off to start them making some noise here in the forums. heck i might even win a set playing this way. i'm sure after playing a few sets of being a suicider with the same country name... no one would want to mess with me... :D
this is really dumb though. the rules are never going to be changed to prevent that, no matter what you do. it's not a realistic thing for them to write into the code. ill youll accomplish is griefing a bunch of good countries "=[

st0ny Game profile

May 11th 2013, 18:36:45

[/quote]I think there are too. When I had the most land in the game a few sets ago I had an all-x player make his one attack of the round 20 minutes before no more attacks were allowed, just to topfeed me. He had only 50 turns on hand at the time, so there was no point in him even attacking me except to help someone else or hurt me.
http://www.eestats.com/express/oldcountry/449/107

that just plain sucks... you ocntinue hitting him and you lose nett... you let him go, you still lose nett.

[/quote]this is really dumb though. the rules are never going to be changed to prevent that, no matter what you do. it's not a realistic thing for them to write into the code. ill youll accomplish is griefing a bunch of good countries "=[ [/quote]

thats exactly what i want to do... when more and more ppl start leaving the server, the admins may do something about it...

blid

EE Patron

May 11th 2013, 18:49:57

lol so you basically wanna be an EE terrorist, that's cool actually, but WHAT can they do? sorry but I don't see a solution.

st0ny Game profile

May 11th 2013, 19:28:00

haha! you make it sound so cool... EE terrorist... YEAH!

i dont know what the admins can do but i'm sick of being a good guy... even in real life i'm being taken advantage off by ppl i've helped with time, effort and money.

and here i thought i'd take a month off the real world and have some fun here...

screw being nice... screw karma... i'll live my life only thinking about myself from now on. if there really is karma/heaven/hell/valhalla/etc etc... i'll deal with that when the time comes. ROAR !!!!

st0ny Game profile

Jun 15th 2013, 16:56:19

i'd still very much like it if admins could do something about the alljetters... please. thanks.