Verified:

st0ny Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 23:08:53

rats... sure, your only attacks are retals... but with an alljetter?

ppl grab to GROW so that they can end up in the top tier of the server. what do you do your retals for? i mean 150k turrets ... come on.. is that growing? thats just screwing with another players set. you'll be farmed by someone else if blid didnt farm you. also, if i'm not mistaken, he didnt farm you, he made a grab on you. he only farmed you when you presented your country up to him with 150k turrets.

you really dont seem to get it. and USUALLY, ppl that dont get this are either just looking to screw ppl or they're just really that stupid. GOING ALL JETTER TO HIT SOMEONE LIKE YOU DID IS SCREWING WITH SOMEONE'S SET! how many turns do you think he lost from your hit?

your hit on him took 1.1k acres. thats 22 turns gone assuming he has 50 bpt. then another 22 turns to rebuild the land when he gains it back. and because it was a topfeed, he'll lose a couple cs. he'll also have to spend turns spying you. on top of those turns wasted, he's losing cash on oil, units and also what he could've generated with the 1.1k land had he not lost it to your topfeed or retal the way you'd like to put it. to ppl that are competing for the top spot, thats a huge setback which is really hard to come back from.

seriously, i'm not saying you should just take ppl grabbing you, i wouldnt... but get some sort of def to protect your land! do you think he would've farmed you if you had 2m turrets along with your 2.5m jets?

do you get it now or do you still think i'm having trouble understanding the situation?

no one is always right rats, you're no exception and neither am i. when ppl tell you something, listen then think and digest it. dont just jump out guns blazing trying to justify and make a fool outta yourself.

ps. i checked your news... no one farmed you before your hit on blid. owh... i would also really like to know which the the 'real' server.

Edited By: st0ny on Feb 3rd 2014, 23:11:52
See Original Post
Originally posted by LATC:
"Don't complain. Assess & adjust."

RaTS FYA Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 23:18:54

Stony I know its hard for you to understand what you read but lets see if we can make it simple for you.

Ready here is the first hit by him on me.
2014-01-31 12:55:11 PS laudomia (#101) Oops I did it again (#31) 185A (252A)

Here are the other hits on me while I was all explore in a tech phase with all defense and 0 jets
2014-01-30 23:57:31 PS ruritania (#52) Oops I did it again (#31) 203A (323A)
2014-01-30 19:22:03 PS Evil or Live (#27) Oops I did it again (#31) 473A (676A)
2014-01-30 18:56:32 PS TopFeedersSuck (#2) Oops I did it again (#31) 240A (411A)
2014-01-30 16:37:35 PS For Your Announce (#30) Oops I did it again (#31) 133A (260A)

So I swapped out of techer and went commie in order to retal those hits, I was jet heavy because they were all in the top 10, and I retalled with.
2014-01-31 17:26:25 PS Oops I did it again (#31) laudomia (#101) 1110A (1579A)

Now after that hit as all my jets were on a PS, I sold off turrets so that I could rebuild the land, at which point I would have retalled the next hit to me and so on while building defense.

Now that I made it really simple for you, maybe you can follow along.

<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

st0ny Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 23:28:41

err... like i said, NO ONE FARMED YOU.

those were GRABS on you because you DID NOT have proper def.

150k turrets on 6k land is NOT 'all def'. he had a spy op of you.

i also DID explain why going all jetter IS screwing with ppl. i'll try again....
going all jetter to take a retal is screwing ppl because you're doing it in spite and not to grow. you'll never be able to HOLD THE LAND which you got which is the MAIN REASON for doing retals or grabbing.

AGAIN, no one is saying that taking retals is wrong in anyway. just do it proper and not with an all jetter.

if you have to sell down your turrets to 150k, it means you're not equipped to take the retal yet.

i've capped the important parts in efforts to try help you understand. hope it helps.

Edited By: st0ny on Feb 3rd 2014, 23:36:43
See Original Post

bstrong86 Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 23:34:28

Ive said it before and i will say it again.. retal only when your country can withstand the influx of land you are nomnomnoming....

If you cant defend, that huge retal, then your country isnt ready. IMO
The Death Knights

XI

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2014, 23:38:23

Since when has jetting up to retal become screwing people?, so while you build and do a tech phase and get grabbed you all of a sudden by some unwritten rule have to suck it up??? W T F......
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

st0ny Game profile

Feb 3rd 2014, 23:40:29

omg koh...

Originally posted by st0ny:

i also DID explain why going all jetter IS screwing with ppl. i'll try again....
going all jetter to take a retal is screwing ppl because you're doing it in spite and not to grow. you'll never be able to HOLD THE LAND which you got which is the MAIN REASON for doing retals or grabbing.

AGAIN, no one is saying that taking retals is wrong in anyway. just do it proper and not with an all jetter.

if you have to sell down your turrets to 150k, it means you're not equipped to take the retal yet.

seriously, i'm not saying you should just take ppl grabbing you, i wouldnt... but get some sort of def to protect your land! do you think he would've farmed you if you had 2m turrets along with your 2.5m jets?

IS MY ENGLISH THAT BAD!?!

Edited By: st0ny on Feb 3rd 2014, 23:43:45
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 3rd 2014, 23:49:18

omg koh...

err... like i said, NO ONE FARMED YOU.

I understand, but how a person chooses to do it, it really depends on the situation, the more you wait the harder it gets, jet up, retal and hope for the best is my approach, with Tokio I got over 1k acres and he messaged me saying its cool and to have a good set, with One Eye Jack he RoRed, I opted not to war because I didn't have the resources, but as of this set, I will be ready to engage. My point is that it's a risk and some of us will take it.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

st0ny Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 0:00:37

yes, the longer you wait the harder it gets.

but if you cant retal straight away or within a few hours without going all jetter, that means you're either running a country thats not as good or you're just behind in running turns. if you're behind playing turns, then play your turns till you are ready to take the retal. you'll have to send more units and have more turrets to def, but thats your own fault. this server is called express... if you cant keep up with the pace of the server, you cant blame anyone else right?

crest23 Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 0:10:04

Your English is really that bad. I have gone all-jetter to retal many many many times and I have finished better than 99% of the people I did so to, how is that screwing anyone? You remind me a lot about tduong.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2014, 0:11:20

OK kool, we are on same page, sorta kinda :p
(•_•)

st0ny Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 0:18:52

crest... you're really that stupid.

i've played without going all jetter many many many times and i've finished better than 100% of the ppl that do.

you remind me of stephen. he's a kid way back in highschool thats so stupid even the teachers and his parent gave up on. true story. name could be wrong though...

Cable Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 0:55:38

Originally posted by crest23:
Your English is really that bad. I have gone all-jetter to retal many many many times and I have finished better than 99% of the people I did so to, how is that screwing anyone? You remind me a lot about tduong.

no offense crest but that's likely a diffrent situation. Rats doesnt finish well, he runs low defense to intice grabs and then uses DR to grow without defending his land. Does thus til 450ish turns left in set all the while running turns. Hes not playing delayed hes playing a DR game. That lets him go all jets no defense and retal players.

Point is if he did that to me and not Blid id have warred him too.

crest23 Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 1:02:47

Hi Stephen/st0ny (whatever you choose to go by), nice to meet you too. I can count at least 5 people in this game (Express) that will/have/can all jet to retal and still smoke you NW-wise. Myself included. Have you ever broken 25 mill NW?

Viva used to all jet retal to 2nd place. Like 10 times. He couldn't win though.

@Cable, I don't know who rats is, I am responding to Stephen's claim that when someone all-jets to retal they do that to screw someone at the detriment of their country which isn't so.

Edited By: crest23 on Feb 4th 2014, 1:55:20
The Nigerian Nightmare.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2014, 1:10:57

Originally posted by crest23:
That's the key, it's just a matter of whether the person has a good country with potential or whether their country just sucks and they squeaked off a retal by going all jets with no defense. Then you can farm them and sometimes they can't even do anything about it and you can still finish top 10.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2014, 1:13:01

You are wasting your time, crest23, these cats believe they are entitled to keep their land, at least its what I'm getting from reading their posts :-(
(•_•)

blid

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2014, 1:16:47

The person can be all jets and still have a very impressive country, with turns on hand, or lots of appropriate tech, etc etc. Probably wouldn't be a good idea to mess with that guy for his retal and he might have his own good finish in line that YOU are the one spoiling, st0ny, hint hint. ;)

In this case of course the country didn't look that hot and had also sent me clueless messages that annoyed me so I just let loose and it worked out great.
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

st0ny Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 7:23:34

yo crest... i see i'm right in my reference to you as the moron who is just too stupid. you cant even understand a simple sentence saying you are a moron.

trying to reason with a moron is a waste of time. i'll stop.

KoH, i dont think you're like crest the moron so i'll repost this for you again.

Blid, i think the only impressive thing about an alljetter is their luck. i say luck because of the lack of def.

for example, lets say they have 1m turrets as def during the last day. wouldnt you agree if i were to tell you at least 30-50 countries below them could easily break that def? so wouldnt you agree thats its luck that they did not get hit especially when you have so many topfeeders lurking?

the better players would probably go jet heavy to nw match and take the retal then buyup/pump def straight after. thats very different from going 5m jets to take a retal then sit on 500k turrets.

and the moron's example, viva... i'm assuming he gave the example because he believes viva is a good player. i agree. i know viva is a good player. i also know that viva no longer plays an all jetter and has not in a while. i know because i spy him to learn from his play.

thats the difference between with a moron like crest. viva will learn as he progresses. morons like crest just refuses to learn thinking they are already better and smarter than everyone else when in fact, just a moron.

Edited By: st0ny on Feb 4th 2014, 7:26:41

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2014, 8:36:31

Last set I was running a rep casher, tech was expensive, bushels were cheap. I stocked too many bushels hoping to resell. No luck, so I converted to demo. I waited 380 turns and took about 5 hits until late Saturday night. Then I sold my 18m bushels for $40, bought 2m jets at $124, and some cheap weapons, since demos have 10% tech bonus and are great for matching NW with weapons, and took 3 huge retals. Then I ran all my turns and jumped from 1m turrets to 8m turrets. Then I bought Mil tech and resold $34 bushels (though not enough to do better than 12th, and i got stuck with too much Mil tech). So did I run an all jetter for those retals? If so, I'd do it again.

st0ny Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 8:41:11

the better players would probably go jet heavy to nw match and take the retal then buyup/pump def straight after. thats very different from going 5m jets to take a retal then sit on 500k turrets.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2014, 11:11:35

No need to call people names, man.
(•_•)

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2014, 11:16:52

Your absolutely right, poopy head :D

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2014, 11:18:05

Just kidding Koh, it was too funny to pass up and I guess I'm easily amused

Cable Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 12:59:26

Originally posted by Getafix:
Last set I was running a rep casher, tech was expensive, bushels were cheap. I stocked too many bushels hoping to resell. No luck, so I converted to demo. I waited 380 turns and took about 5 hits until late Saturday night. Then I sold my 18m bushels for $40, bought 2m jets at $124, and some cheap weapons, since demos have 10% tech bonus and are great for matching NW with weapons, and took 3 huge retals. Then I ran all my turns and jumped from 1m turrets to 8m turrets. Then I bought Mil tech and resold $34 bushels (though not enough to do better than 12th, and i got stuck with too much Mil tech). So did I run an all jetter for those retals? If so, I'd do it again.

This is the diffrence Crest is talking about, its not going all jets because you were a days turns behind a pumped turrets when running turns to stop from being farmed.

Rats had every intention of continuing to go defenless to retal his other hits, not to mention hes never a days turns behind. Hitting players playing delayed is always a risk, hutting the guy at 800 played when im at 900 played and 2 or 3 times his NW is a whole diffrent thing. Take for example the idiot who had 8.1 million jets and blew all but 100 turns to retal me ans his full stock of cash. Now I had 150 turns on hand and 1.5 billion dollars, had I been slightly faster id have bought tanks sooner. But he had no cash on hand so I wasnt overly worried (poor choice) but besides the point. I could clearly and did farm this player into the ground and all he could do is launch a few missiles and AB while I bought up tanks. I finished at twice his NW and only lost 3 million off my finish which didn't make fluff of a difference in finishing 33rd or 20th.

The fact and point of the matter is," retaling just to retal" is a blatant attempt to screw the guy over who hit you for 100 acres. Boo fcuking who I got hit last set and didn't bother to retal, I just pumped up more defenses. What's a player gonna do with 1500 extra acres and no cash or turns to rebuild it? Nothing hes wasting land players worked hard to get. So see it as you will, unless you retal like Crest or Getafix is saying and run turns effectively to place better then those players who hit you your wasting both your time and the guy your retaling. Hence why players war over hits on sunday based on the players country at the time.

Food blew last week, so I RoRed 14 times and got myself a large chunk of land to add to my overall land total, wasnt gonna come anywhere near top 10 so who cares. I didn't even bother to play the last 2 hours of set.

Reptile Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 13:12:56

tldr; that escalated quickly.

crest23 Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 16:30:13

st0ny, you are a moron since you don't get it that I flipped your Stephen reference on your dumbass.

I have won at least a couple Express sets where I all jet retalled. Keep learning from Viva though and come back at me when you break 25 mill NW.

Until then, you are too dumb to reason with, and I can 100% guarantee that your dumbass will in the not too distant future argue your case YET AGAIN about alljet retals which will NEVER stop dummy.

Edited By: crest23 on Feb 4th 2014, 16:34:36
The Nigerian Nightmare.

h2orich Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 18:52:51

viva doesn't give a fluff bout his country. he's like on auto pilot mode on express. plays the exact same strat, exact same game play every set. he's playing to build up his total net worth for the game not to win it. winning it is just a bonus. I'm just wondering why he doesn't get hit during the last 12 hrs of the set since that's he's the weakest during that part of the set.. But anyway he will go all jetters to do a retal that late even it doesn't benefit him. he broke my 32m + 4m(allies) turrets before.

crest23 Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 20:36:36

And his worst finish on the server is probably way better that this idiot Stephen's best ever.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

st0ny Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 21:16:36

rich, he hasnt played all jetter in a long while leh... the only times he does it is either to retal ebert or to retal a blatant topfeeed on players like that cervix bruisers player and he is only an all jetter because he sold down his turrets to nw match for the retal. he'll boost up his defenses right after the retal. also, even when he goes jet heavy, he does not leave himself totally defenseless unlike what that moron is saying.

moron, chances for an all-explore all retal country to get a good finish let alone win is close to 0. they just dont have enough land and the proper turns to finish with enough nw to win.

i'll break it down for you. you can argue with yourself if you disagree. i'm telling you and not asking if its true.

a commy needs roughly 20k land to break 30m, a casher roughly 17k land, a techer 17k, a farmer 17k. these are all with favourable market conditions to the specific strat and reaching the land goals at about turn 1300.

assuming 2k land per retal, for a commy, you'd need to do 7 retals if you start at 7k land. 6 retals if you start at 10k land.
a casher, 4 if you start at 10k land.
a techer, forget it. if you have to take retals to grow, you've already lost.
a farmer, 4 if you start at 10k land.

taking the minimum retals you'd require, you'd have to go virtually defenseless for 8 hours. there are a couple ways to survive this. this is also discounting the fact that you'd have to waste turns at a small landsize to cash therefore getting lesser returns.

1) pure luck because each time a top country is hit, ppl below will look at who hit him. they'll see that you're a lower nett country attacking and breaking someone huge. they'll most probably spy you because they'd guess correctly that you're an all jetter. they'll hit you.

2) do the retals really late into the game like 10-12 hours before the game ends. this will probably mean that you'll have stored turns which you wont be able to use before the set ends.

so really, either way, it just doesnt really work. its really hard for a moron to bluff cause they dont have the brains for it.

blid

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2014, 21:26:15

techer doesnt need that much land...

also you can be a high jet country and still have a networth fitting of your land. and if you have enough tech/turns, anyone that spies you will see they can/will be hit back

st0ny Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 21:50:59

maybe 15k land for a techer?

he's talking about an all jetter here blid. also, even if its just a high jet country, it will still be food for all those 8k land teching topfeeders we have around no?

mac23 Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 21:59:39

This thread has good entertainment value, I give it a 6.

st0ny Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 22:07:01

come on! only a 6? give it another point or two. dont be so stingy! lol

blid

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2014, 22:11:34

14-15k for 30m as a techer.
without legit res allies: http://www.earthempires.com/express/201/ranks/92

blid

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2014, 22:14:39

you can get more land though if you want, and it might increase your net, you just dont need it for 30m

st0ny Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 22:14:54

nice...

blid

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2014, 22:15:54

st0ny Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 22:17:50

wow... on 10k land... how much land did you have during your stocking?

blid

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2014, 22:24:24

14,700 for most the stocking period, then that guy happened. i had never attacked him, he just suicided on me for no reason. i assume because h2o asked him to. was gonna finish 38m. it was an exceptional tech set, prices were like $2700 all set long, that's why it was possible, and i played my best set too of course. i think we're gonna have high tech prices like that more often if we don't have res allies, will be cool except how itll make cashers worse

Edited By: blid on Feb 4th 2014, 22:27:12
See Original Post

st0ny Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 22:29:03

fark... if you had finished 38m, it would've been a record for a very long.

i doubt we'll have higher tech prices for the first couple sets at least. the newer players will need some time to adjust and adapt to it wouldnt you think?

mac23 Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 22:31:17

I'll bump it up to an 8 if we actually get some personal vendettas out of it for this set. lol

blid

EE Patron

Feb 4th 2014, 22:40:28

fark... if you had finished 38m, it would've been a record for a very long.

i doubt we'll have higher tech prices for the first couple sets at least. the newer players will need some time to adjust and adapt to it wouldnt you think?
Seth has actually gone over 40m although I'm not sure if I should trust that it was legit. Metygl has made over 38m as well though and I think he's legit. bakku has a 38m also since the early days.

Tech will be higher immediately because there'll be less of it being generated without tech allies.

Edited By: blid on Feb 4th 2014, 22:46:07
See Original Post

st0ny Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 22:50:37

mac23, give it a 10 and i'll do it! :P jk jk

blid, how come i dont see any countries with those kinda nett recently... were there significant changes since then?

regarding tech prices increase. i understand what you're saying, but there will still be a bunch of techers that will drop the prices... happens every set.

crest23 Game profile

Feb 4th 2014, 23:02:48

mdemon hit 30 mill with like a 10k techer. Stephen, the thing is, you are a n00b. If you are going by how much land a certain strat need to make a certain NW you are exposing you n00bness.

maverickmind hit 28mill with a 7k all ex.

You are a fluffing n00b.

You can explain this from now till high noon, the fact of the matter is that I can all jet retal and still finish better than your best ever finish. A lot of players here can too. What is your best ever finish by the way? You are just a griefer cause you are too dumb to know who not to hit and when retalled go the suicider way.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Feb 5th 2014, 0:53:09

This thread has been rerated to 10 out of 10.
(•_•)

braden Game profile

Feb 5th 2014, 0:58:08

the less tech, blid, doesn't curb the undercutting as techers will want to ensure their goods are sold. when you can sit for five hours waiting, tech will continuously drop as sellers wish theirs to sell.. maybe less, yes, but does the one not counteract the other?

(question.. not statement :P)

(high noon starred gary cooper and a wonderfully beautiful grace kelly.. not to mention the amazing western actor van cleef)

h2orich Game profile

Feb 5th 2014, 4:52:07

Originally posted by blid:
14,700 for most the stocking period, then that guy happened. i had never attacked him, he just suicided on me for no reason. i assume because h2o asked him to. was gonna finish 38m.

I would like to say again that it wasnt me or anyone that I've told to. I've admitted to several cheating accusation but this is something I'll never admit to because I have a clear conscience about this.

blid, how come i dont see any countries with those kinda nett recently... were there significant changes since then?

the new building cost changes affected this great nw recently.. last time it was ideal to grab till 26-30k acres, now its best with 22-24k acres, hence you dont see such high nw finishes anymore.