Verified:

Detmer Game profile

Aug 17th 2010, 17:47:57

I actually tried getting this rolling a while ago but either the site application got accidentally deleted or I forgot to submit my entry and then I forgot about it. Kya and TAN reminded me however so I reapplied and successfully got a site to run the Earth Awards on!

So now it is time to discuss two things publicly before secretly rigging the ballots.

1) What categories should be included?
2) Who should comprise the voters?

In the previous EAs there was a smattering of voters from various alliances (I don't know if there was some attempt to have one voter from each alliance or something... I don't even remember how I came to get a vote) but we can choose it however we like.

Preliminary category suggestions:
Best overall alliance
Best netgaining performance (alliance)
Best netgaining performance (individual)
Best war performance
Best war
Best AT poster
Best AT thread
Best alliance leader
Best FA

Voters:
Maybe 20 is a good number? Below that you get too few people to have any meaning - beyond that you have a significant portion of the player base =P Maybe one person per alliance minimum, a couple at large posters from AT (not like there is anyone who posts here anymore that doesn't play) and then the rest filled out by relative membership size?

The EAs were always fun and I think it would be cool to get them going again.

bore Game profile

Patron

Aug 17th 2010, 17:50:10

would be cool to do something like this with llars poll suggestion http://forums.earthempires.com/...1505260&z=poll-system

Detmer Game profile

Aug 17th 2010, 17:55:21

Originally posted by bore:
would be cool to do something like this with llars poll suggestion http://forums.earthempires.com/...1505260&z=poll-system

Agreed.

But I don't have that to work with in implementing this now =P

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 17th 2010, 18:15:20

There used to be categories for best NEW things, although I doubt such categories would be that relevent given the current state of things.

Detmer Game profile

Aug 17th 2010, 18:19:40

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:
There used to be categories for best NEW things, although I doubt such categories would be that relevent given the current state of things.

Agreed. I wrote down best new alliance leader and promptly deleted it.

BobbyATA Game profile

Aug 17th 2010, 20:38:34

just curious how best individual netting performance doesn't go to whoever finishes in first place? Other than that I'd love to have these awards. I'd volunteer to be a judge heh! (can i do that?)

Detmer Game profile

Aug 17th 2010, 20:42:59

Originally posted by BobbyATA:
just curious how best individual netting performance doesn't go to whoever finishes in first place? Other than that I'd love to have these awards. I'd volunteer to be a judge heh! (can i do that?)

What if #1 is aided/believed to be aided? What if #2 is some newbie with a great mentor? Maybe #2 belongs to someone in iMag where merely being alive at the end of the set is a surprise?

Patience Game profile

Aug 17th 2010, 21:02:12

BEST MOD!!! <3

[Vote for me or else!]
I cannot see your signature - so if it's witty, put it in a post instead! :p

archaic: Patty, if it was you wearing it, I'd consider a fuzzy pink pig suit to be lingerie. Patty makes pork rock.

TAN Game profile

Aug 17th 2010, 21:24:10

I think this would be a good idea. I wouldn't mind also being on the panel.

To be fair, I think LaF deserves 2 spots. It is inevitable that they will be unfairly demonized, albeit subconsciously despite efforts at everyone being neutral. Or at least someone sympathetic to LaF, like SolidSnake (who just lurks and doesn't play).

Or we could just have alliance leaders elect who they want to represent their alliance on this awards council rather then thinking of good choices.

*shrugs*
FREEEEEDOM!!!

BobbyATA Game profile

Aug 17th 2010, 21:29:28

solidsnake plays lol... Also I'm quite pro LaF as are many other non Laffers. Your whole post is fail tan...

TAN Game profile

Aug 17th 2010, 21:38:11

*hangs head in shame*
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Trife Game profile

Aug 17th 2010, 22:03:48

I propose the following category:

Best Alliance Ranked 11th

Trife
Totally unbiased
LCN FA type d00d

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 17th 2010, 22:04:35

Worst overall alliance
Worst netgaining performance (alliance)
Worst war performance
Worst war
Worst AT poster
Worst AT thread
Worst alliance leader
Worst FA

Detmer Game profile

Aug 17th 2010, 22:20:55

Oooh, I like the negative ones =)

Kyatoru Game profile

Aug 17th 2010, 22:57:48

I suggest keeping most of the original ones. If there's no new alliance for a reset or something, then just say n/a. But I think it gives people something to work towards a little more and will be relevant in the future.
+Kya

torment Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 1:08:30

Originally posted by BobbyATA:

I beat you by 30!

Devestation Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 1:54:17

I think I can win the worst FA award legitimately.

archaic Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 3:03:33

pfft, unlikely - i got demoted to FA this set

i do pacting like Machiavelli would if he sucked, I auth retals on countries that don't even exist, my embassy edits look like rorsach drawings

(not that I'm lobbying for it or anything . . .)
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

locket Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 3:33:05

why not just have everyone put votes here on AT? I'm sure people would be decently unbiassed :P

archaic Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 3:47:45

speak for yourself, I live to be biased, especially regarding any subject that slagpit might have an opinion on

I cannot believe I am about to say this . . . I miss dibs. The award for most randomly absurd troller shall go unfilled until he returns

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 18th 2010, 4:07:59

His ban was lifted a while ago. Also, time for an integrity test: in my opinion, archaic is a good earth player.

OGT Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 13:19:10

lifetime earth achievement award would be alright too..

maybe you should take voter by tiers

3 voters for anyone above 40
2 voters from anyone above 25
1 voter from any clan below.

Detmer Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 14:17:00

Originally posted by locket:
why not just have everyone put votes here on AT? I'm sure people would be decently unbiassed :P

Yes, because exactly what I want to do is tally 7000 votes from forum multies. No thanks. ;)

Kyatoru Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 19:43:27

Ruth helped Raves handle the awards when he took over from Fin. So she'd probably remember the structure better than me, but I recall the ezclan sites with the poll. While I think it was something like 2 per alliance, I know there were exceptions to that. There were also people not representing alliances voting too. AT personalities etc.
+Kya

locket Game profile

Aug 18th 2010, 22:01:05

have only people who have a good amount of forum posts count :P i dunno lol

Grimm Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 14:49:39

It was pretty unorganized as to judge selection at least toward the end. Pretty much whoever they decided to accept into the site, I don't remember if I got in as a Rage voter (since Rage seems to never have more than two or three people who even care about the community outside of Rage) or just because Ravers decided to accept me but I remember voting for a couple resets.

OGT Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 15:14:55

its just a popularity contest anyways

archaic Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 16:31:23

Thats the whole point, pure vanity is the only reason we ever post in here anyway, shallow subjective fulfillment and morbid curiosity are all that matter.

Slaggy, good is a very subjective term. I run kick-ass rainbows and occasionally I don't bounce retals. Lets face it, the bar is pretty low for good these days.

I doubt if you and I combined could fill a thimble with enough integrity to drown an ant. When people say integrity - our names just don't spring to mind.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 19th 2010, 16:58:46

If I didn't have integrity I'd finish with 250 M NW every set.

archaic Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 17:07:38

Obeying the speed limit while being followed by the police does not equal integrity slaggy.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 19th 2010, 17:08:13

I am the police!

archaic Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 17:13:39

I'm sure Pang and QZ will be interested to know that they don't get a say in your 'integrity'.

As I recall, DM thought he was the police too.

(I know, cheap shot . . . sorry in advance.)

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 19th 2010, 17:26:55

DM never had access to country information.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 19th 2010, 17:37:13

ya, DM never had access to any information which wasn't public anyways... maybe intra-forum messages could be considered "privilaged" data that he could have viewed, but that was short lived for obvious reasons.

It was unfortunate that he proved to be completely untrustworthy
not sure why you feel the need to bring that up, archaic...

I DO have a say in Slag's integrity, and I will form a panel to consider it. The sole member of this panel will be me.

The panel has come to a decision.... Slag's integrity is valid.

Everyone can move on now.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

archaic Game profile

Aug 19th 2010, 17:49:37

you never let us have any fun . . . if I cannot bait slaggy I shall have to go back to writing the 'APPLICATION FOR WAIVER OF CLASS V INJECTION WELL PERMITTING' letter.

nobody wants that