Verified:

MilitantOrgy Game profile

Apr 10th 2014, 21:45:52

The incident happened a week ago.

I was headed to work on the highway. It was storming, so I was only going 70 in a 60.
I was in the left lane, passing two semis that were on the center lane. When suddenly this stupid little SMART car comes up behind me and is literally right up on my bumper. He would back off slowly, move over enough to where his high beams were reflected off my driver side mirror, then he would proceed to speed back up and be right up against my butt.
I contemplated break checking him, but due to the rain, and the puddles all over the road from the big storm that had rolled through 30 minutes prior, and the fact there were semis right next to me, I refrained from doing so.
I finally passed the 2 semis about 3 miles down the highway, and the guy pulls up right along side me, rolls his window down and started screaming at me. Next thing I see is something being thrown from his window, hitting my car and bouncing off. He sped off.
I looked at my car for a minute when I got to work, but didn't see a dent at the time, but it was dark and rainy.
It slipped my mind to check.
I did find out another girl I work with had a very similar incident happen to her just a couple weeks prior, and she gave me the card of the officer taking care of the incident, but he was over a different jurisdiction, but I still called to inform him of my run-in with him as well. (He is actually a member of the major case squad for the metro area, so I haven't had a call back from him yet, as he is most likely busy with all the lovely murders that happen around here, but he does have the message, and the girl told me he knows about it)

Today, I noticed in the sunlight a small dent on the side of my car where it most likely hit. Do I call the proper police department about it and report it, even though it was a week later? Or do I just let the officer I contacted in a jurisdiction handle it? Or just forget about it?

Trife Game profile

Apr 10th 2014, 21:54:07

Feel free to contact whoever you need to to make a police report - it'll atleast be entered in the system somewhere and could help out in the future. If the dent is large enough to talk to insurance about, they might require you to get a police report done anyway.

If the dent is on the smaller side of things or if the car is a little bit older - I'd probably just forget about it an chalk it up as being a life lesson.

As you can see on AT, people are flucking nuts. A few times when I've had some ahole road raging for whatever reason - what I do is try to avoid conflict at any cost. Even if the guy has been tailgating me, flashing his lights and flicking him off, I might really WANT to escalate it by flicking him off back or brakechecking him - but since you don't know who the other person is or how crazy they are, I normally swallow my pride and let folks pass, give them a sheepish wave and mouth sorry to them making them seem like it's my fault I was in their way somehow. I'd rather swallow a bit of pride and let the other guy 'win' than risk getting into an altercation with some jackass who's mentally/emotionally unstable.

Riddler Game profile

Apr 10th 2014, 22:38:48

Find the fluff, follow him to wherever he is going and roll that fluffing stupidcar onto its top, 3 pre schoolers and a midget are all ya need!

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 10th 2014, 22:42:00

You can report it but they will tell you there is nothing they can do.

mrford Game profile

Apr 10th 2014, 23:15:32

unless you got the tag, there isnt much they can do. and even if you had the tag, there is no way of proving who was driving the car so even then its pretty bleak.

not that road raging is acceptable, but if someone is in the left hand land, and isnt passing someone at a reasonable rate, i think thats fairly tarded and asking for trouble. sometimes ill get slightly annoyed at 2 cars pacing each other backing up traffic. cant say i have ever thrown anything at someones car though.

on the other hand, someone road raging from a smart car really neded to be filmed for our enjoyment.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

elvesrus

Apr 10th 2014, 23:21:41

Originally posted by mrford:
someone road raging from a smart car really neded to be filmed for our enjoyment.

basically this
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Apr 10th 2014, 23:30:05

I was passing at a decent speed, only so fast you can drive in a storm with semi's spraying even more water on ya. I wasn't gonna floor it given the conditions. Guess I will just wait until he pulls it again, or when that officer from the other incident from the coworker contacts me, cuz I would gladly testify against the pank. I do hope i see him about. Apparently he lives in the same part of the city I do.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 10th 2014, 23:50:00

The best revenge you can get on some crazy road rage head is revenge that you know about and he you never know if someone like that is going to shoot you.

Instead, you could out where he lives, go to his house at like 4AM and hammer 2 nails into the tires on one side of his car -- not enough to puncture the inner tube, but enough that when he rolls backwards they will puncture the inner tube.

Or since it's a smart car just do this: http://rack.3.mshcdn.com/...f2c/Flipped-Smart-Car.jpg
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

BILL_DANGER Game profile

Apr 10th 2014, 23:57:38

Originally posted by Trife:

As you can see on AT, people are flucking nuts. A few times when I've had some ahole road raging for whatever reason - what I do is try to avoid conflict at any cost. Even if the guy has been tailgating me, flashing his lights and flicking him off, I might really WANT to escalate it by flicking him off back or brakechecking him - but since you don't know who the other person is or how crazy they are, I normally swallow my pride and let folks pass, give them a sheepish wave and mouth sorry to them making them seem like it's my fault I was in their way somehow. I'd rather swallow a bit of pride and let the other guy 'win' than risk getting into an altercation with some jackass who's mentally/emotionally unstable.

^^ THIS!

YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT KIND OF WHACKJOB IS IN THAT OTHER CAR! I ONCE ENDED UP WITH A VERY LARGE BOOT-SHAPED DENT IN MY DRIVER'S SIDE DOOR IN A SIMILAR INCIDENT. I SHUDDER TO THINK WHAT WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF THE PSYCHOPATH IN QUESTION HAD BEEN ABLE TO SUCCESSFULLY CORNER ME AS HE WAS TRYING TO DO WHEN I JETTED PAST HIM AFTER HE GOT OUT OF HIS CAR.

HMM THAT DIDN'T SOUND VERY MANLY OR [DANGER]OUS.

I MEAN, I WOULD HAVE HATED TO HAVE HAD TO EXPLODE HIM!!!!! HA!

mrford Game profile

Apr 11th 2014, 0:04:49

Originally posted by Pang:
The best revenge you can get on some crazy road rage head is revenge that you know about and he you never know if someone like that is going to shoot you.

Instead, you could out where he lives, go to his house at like 4AM and hammer 2 nails into the tires on one side of his car -- not enough to puncture the inner tube, but enough that when he rolls backwards they will puncture the inner tube.

Or since it's a smart car just do this: http://rack.3.mshcdn.com/...f2c/Flipped-Smart-Car.jpg

naw man, just take the valve stem core out with a special $5 tool, and put the cap back on quickly. whenever they hit a large pothole, the cap will pop off and the tire will instantly go flat. and it doesnt generally damage the tire catching you a vandalism charge if you get caught.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 11th 2014, 0:18:26

Should just let it go. Not worth your life, and I'm pretty sure you don't have a train horn.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

SAM_DANGER Game profile

Apr 11th 2014, 1:02:21

Originally posted by Riddler:
Find the fluff, follow him to wherever he is going and roll that fluffing stupidcar onto its top, 3 pre schoolers and a midget are all ya need!

TRIFE IS RIGHT, BUT I STILL LIKE THIS ANSWER BEST!

Heston Game profile

Apr 11th 2014, 1:42:03

MO based on what you have posted, your coarse of action has already been taken. You have chosen to do nothing at the time, given many opportunities. As a man you chose poorly. What you seek now is revenge, for a micky mouse fluff off moment. What is really left for you to do, militint orgey (lmmfao) is continue to rant about it with all the other vaginas here on at cuzz thats all you got.
I did like how you threw some chivalry in there, but it did not paint you in a more masculine way. It made made me laugh a little though.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Cornfed

Apr 11th 2014, 2:06:02

Not sure how it works where you are, but here in California, they'd do nothing about it unless he admits to it. About a year ago I was gassing up and saw a guy in the next parking lot over ram into a car, back up, then move forward and hit another car which then collided with a third. Then he gingerly started to leave, so I finished up and chased after him. Took a cell phone pic of his license plate and of him driving. Went back to where it happened and sent the photos to the three people who's cars were damaged along with my info. Insurances called for statements but told me the police would do nothing unless he admitted to doing it.

Colonel Chaos Game profile

Apr 11th 2014, 2:08:43

Road rage from a smart car... wow.

Had a similar incident years ago. Dude was doing ~ 120 in the right lane passing people as I was trying to merge onto a highway... he was going so fast I never saw him. I tried to speed up to get out of his way, but he was in full prick mode. Passed me eventually then cut me off and nearly ran me off the road. Got the tags and reported to state police. They said there is no way of proving it was the owner driving, so they cannot do anything about it.

Moral of the story: Bring fluff to throw back... I mean, it was a smart car ffs... a loaf of french bread would probably total the POS.
Colonel Chaos
SOL FR Commander

irc.scourge.se -> #solfr
--------------------
“Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy.”
― Isaac Newton

RaTS FYA Game profile

Apr 11th 2014, 2:53:02

I call shenanigans, everyone knows smart cars can't go 70.
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

iScode Game profile

Apr 11th 2014, 5:59:31

Originally posted by MilitantOrgy:
When suddenly this stupid little SMART car comes up behind me and is literally right up on my bum

I thought you would of enjoyed it!!!

Sorry couldnt resist bro :P
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

MArs47 Game profile

Apr 11th 2014, 12:00:42

I would've reported it the moment it happened.

Your car is the second most expensive investment you'll (probably) make in your life. I've come out of the store and called the police because some jackass decided they would be fat and swing their door all the way open and ding my car.

My insurance actually has this thing to where if it happens and its not you're fault; they'll cover the deductible...I was hoping someone would hit the back quarter panels on the truck this winter, but no-go.

As for right now; if the dent doesn't bother you ignore it. If it does, call your insurance and see what they suggest doing.
#DKnights

BLUEEE Game profile

Apr 11th 2014, 17:35:15

should of got the ass holes license plate number. you can look up addresses at the DMV if you have their license plate number. then you can show up at their place and have a nice "civil" chat with them.

Riddler Game profile

Apr 11th 2014, 17:43:39

Originally posted by NukEvil:
Should just let it go. Not worth your life, and I'm pretty sure you don't have a train horn.

My Tahoe has a train horn lol

archaic Game profile

Apr 11th 2014, 19:57:10

http://tinyurl.com/lltmvs4

but I live in TX, your mileage may vary
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Trife Game profile

Apr 11th 2014, 20:15:23

Originally posted by BLUEEE:
you can look up addresses at the DMV if you have their license plate number.

i'm not a DMV master, but i don't believe that's correct. unless you're a LEO or someone with some sort of authority...

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 11th 2014, 20:42:06

Originally posted by elvesrus:
Originally posted by mrford:
someone road raging from a smart car really neded to be filmed for our enjoyment.

basically this

as ford said - someone needs to do this for the benefit of the internet

after rain, some find rainbows - MO, you just found a leprichaun in a Smart car with road rage

put in a report to police (it might happen again, he might go down with DUI or something nearby), the asshole might next do the same to someone with a camera :P

Originally posted by RaTS FYA:
I call shenanigans, everyone knows smart cars can't go 70.

quite quick actually, made by Mercedes
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

Apr 11th 2014, 21:51:15

Originally posted by iScode:
Originally posted by MilitantOrgy:
When suddenly this stupid little SMART car comes up behind me and is literally right up on my bum

I thought you would of enjoyed it!!!

Sorry couldnt resist bro :P

Thanks punk :P

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Apr 11th 2014, 22:24:52

car tires have inner tubes? mine sure doesn't :p

zygotic Game profile

Apr 11th 2014, 22:32:51

What trife said at the start

Angel1 Game profile

Apr 11th 2014, 23:46:34

You know what you really need MilitantOrgy? You need this a-wipe to do this to some redneck in his/her big old truck. "I'm sorry officer, he was so close to the road that I didn't see him as I tried to get out of the way of this road raging moron that was going to kill someone." "What do you mean he was the road raging moron. In that car? C'mon, I may be a redneck, but I'm not stupid...no one driving a pinball is going to road rage like that idiot was."
-Angel1

Lord Tarnava Game profile

Apr 12th 2014, 1:41:51

It took you 3 miles to pass?

I wouldn't have thrown something but I would have been flashing my brights at you and probably honked, while riding closely. The left lane is for passing.

Angel1 Game profile

Apr 12th 2014, 1:55:50

Originally posted by Lord Tarnava:
It took you 3 miles to pass?

I wouldn't have thrown something but I would have been flashing my brights at you and probably honked, while riding closely. The left lane is for passing.

3 Miles to pass 2 semis on a wet road when he was going 70 miles per hour. There aren't a lot of roads that I'd feel comfortable going more than 70 on when they're wet. Did this idiot expect him to pull in behind the semis just so that he could then go as fast as he darn well pleased? In these conditions, 3 miles is not far at all.
-Angel1

Lord Tarnava Game profile

Apr 12th 2014, 3:03:52

It's more dangerous to stay beside the semis for that long.

Also yes, pull behind and let pass or speed up.

I'm pretty well driven on the roads. 1 accident that was caused by vehicular failure, 2 tickets ever, and I travel 80,000 KMs a year or more. This past trip down south I put 13,000 miles on a rental in 5 weeks. I would have been irate if I was in the car behind him.

iScode Game profile

Apr 12th 2014, 4:20:39

3 miles to pass two trucks does seem excesive imo.
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

mrford Game profile

Apr 12th 2014, 4:40:22

i personally do not like to ride beside a semi. i will zoom past them if the conditions warrant, or ride behind them till the area is clear for me to rapidly pass.

back when i was in high school i was riding a motorcycle next to one that had a retread blow right next to me. i didnt wreck, and wasnt hurt, but i did fluff my pants a little bit. never again
Swagger of a Chupacabra

iScode Game profile

Apr 12th 2014, 4:45:00

retreads are dodgy!!!
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 12th 2014, 4:47:36

As a 17 year commercial driver vet, I speak for 99% of us when I say Thank you for not tailgating and riding along side, I've seen way too many fatalities over the years coming from those actions :-(
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Apr 12th 2014, 16:24:53

Originally posted by iScode:
3 miles to pass two trucks does seem excesive imo.

Nothing i could of done. They were going 65ish themselves. And again, road conditions would not make it wise to go 80. I was already white knuckling going 70 next to them in the storm....

mrford Game profile

Apr 12th 2014, 21:56:29

i know you think conditions were bad, but still. it shouldnt of taken you 3 minutes to pass 2 18 wheelers. you probably shouldnt of attempted to pass them to start with if you were so concerned with the conditions. if you were going 5 miles an hour faster than them, it should of taken you less than a minute to pass them, considering that 5 mph is 440 feet per minute, and a tractor trailer is about 80 feet long. if indeed it did take you 3 miles or ~3 minutes to pass them, you were going a pedestrian 1.6 mph faster than them, and in that case you shouldnt of been trying to pass.

this doesnt excuse the other drivers actions, but 3 minutes to pass 2 tractor trailers is a bit obnoxious.

Edited By: mrford on Apr 12th 2014, 21:59:31
Swagger of a Chupacabra

MEAT Game profile

Apr 12th 2014, 21:59:57

-

metalheadspecv

Apr 13th 2014, 1:07:35

if the guy likes driving that fast in the rain with a smart car, I'd think at some point karma will catch up to him and he will wreck his car and hopefully his life as well.

mrford Game profile

Apr 13th 2014, 1:24:55

actually, skinnier tires are better in rain conditions. that is probably offset by the light weight of the smart car, but the narrow tires are an advantage in hydroplaning situations.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

crysk Game profile

Apr 13th 2014, 1:41:55

Road Rage...ugh FLORIDA drivers SUCK!! I see all sorts of crazy around here.

I got road raged 8ish months ago. Dude ran me off the road. Scared the balls (which I don't even have!) out of me. Too long of a story to tell. I did learn how to shoot the very next weekend though. I now carry. Where I live, you can anonymously send a report in with pictures (online, not really anonymous but didn't have to give my name). I was too scared to even let the guy know I turned him in, so didn't file a report. Who knows what he would have done had he knew who I was. I DO know who he was. The joys of being in the legal field means I have access to certain things :)

mrford Game profile

Apr 13th 2014, 1:44:15

ill shoot him for you crysk!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Xinhuan Game profile

Apr 13th 2014, 7:51:37

In all likelihood, if a guy is crazy enough to throw something __while driving__, through a window, in stormy whether, at your car, he's probably crazy enough to have a gun and shoot you if you do anything aggressive.

iScode Game profile

Apr 13th 2014, 8:14:06

your asian, you cant comment on bad drivers!!!

stereotypes ftw!!!
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 13th 2014, 9:16:32

I didn't read what everyone else said, but my plan would be to revenge myself on the asshole.

I would do it thus, I would carry two rolls of pennies with me everywhere I went and repeat the actions that brought the moron into my sphere of influence until he shows back up off my rear bumper. At this point, I would accelerate to put a small amount of distance between him and I, then open my window and chuck one of the rolls of pennies over the back of my car, whereupon hitting the pavement, they will break open and the pennies will fly up and chip the hell out of his paint and possibly windows. Teach the asshole not to tailgate.

I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Bikerman Game profile

Apr 13th 2014, 14:26:14

Originally posted by Azz Kikr:

car tires have inner tubes? mine sure doesn't :p

No inner tube here - the marvel of the modern car (not including american cars as they probably still uses inner tubes)

Donny Game profile

Apr 13th 2014, 15:18:40

smart cars have like 40 HP lol. you shouldn't be getting passed by them!
ICQ-105967052

Dear Asians who say they're not ninjas just because they're Asian,
That's exactly what a ninja would say.

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Apr 14th 2014, 14:43:08

sell your soul to the devil for information that can lead you to the ass denting varmint. interesting... didn't know that varmint was spelled that way
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 14th 2014, 14:50:12

Originally posted by Donny:

Well, he did say it was storming. What if the wind was at his back?
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 14th 2014, 14:56:58

Originally posted by Donny:

More Photos
2014 smart fortwo
Price Range: $13,270 - $17,930
MPG Range: 34 - 38 mpg

Bodystyles: Hatchback, Convertible
Engine: 1.0L in-line 3 DOHC and variable valve timing
Premium unleaded fuel
Fuel economy: Gasoline 34 MPG city, 38 MPG highway, 36 MPG combined and 313 mi. range
Multi-point fuel injection
8.7gallon fuel tank
Power (SAE): 70 hp @ 5,800 rpm; 68 ft lb of torque @ 4,500 rpm
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!