Verified:

Xinhuan Game profile

Apr 27th 2014, 4:56:59

Originally posted by Cannon:
They should get rid of earthquakes and bring in tornadoes. Instead of wiping out buildings they would wipe out citizens and food unless you construct a certain amount of storm cellars. Ya that would be sweet

This is an idea that is better than the current random earthquakes. Because you currently cannot mitigate earthquakes, but you CAN mitigate tornadoes with storm cellars, so there is an element/mechanic of risk vs reward: Do I build Storm Cellars?

When I talk about game design, this is the kind of thing that I always think about, does adding this mechanic bring additional gameplay value or additional options to the player? Or does it just frustrate the player? Or does it only make a mundane task even more tedious? Does the mechanic open up additional possibilities that did not exist before? What if Storm Cellars could also protect against some BR civilian damage since they can be used as shelters too?

Earthquakes currently do nothing but take away choice from the player, instead of giving the player more choices. Now you have less money because it is 99% of the time better to rebuild the acres immediately, an obvious choice is not really a choice. That is nothing but frustrating. It terms of game design, choices also have to be _interesting_.

Edited By: Xinhuan on Apr 27th 2014, 5:02:48
Back To Thread
See Original Post
See Subsequent Edit