Verified:

Juusto Game profile

May 16th 2014, 14:30:00

So you are saying that without the FS by NBK he would have detagged from CC at the end and hit us anyway? also this goes back like 10sets or so...

ohh and the oil price aint problem for us, we just dont care.
FFA: PANLV
MSN:

JoeFFA Game profile

May 16th 2014, 22:41:46

+1 for juusto, lol.

And hes not a 10 m gs break, more like 3-4 m gs every country. Oil is not a problem cause we have stock. We just dont want to bother anymore or waste any time on this, thats all, so he can have the rest of the set to himself. Its not like anybodys getting anything from this anyway or that this set matters in any way whatsoever.

Highlife Game profile

May 17th 2014, 0:48:23

noice

Highlife Game profile

May 17th 2014, 0:48:29

Donny Game profile

May 19th 2014, 2:44:59

meh
ICQ-105967052

Dear Asians who say they're not ninjas just because they're Asian,
That's exactly what a ninja would say.

mrford Game profile

May 19th 2014, 2:46:43

someone make me a warstats link
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

May 19th 2014, 2:49:53

http://www.earthgraphs.com/...=panlv&warreport=Show

llaar had it in his dec thread lol
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

jagernacht Game profile

May 19th 2014, 3:52:17

wow
they call meh juggsy!!!
AIM: juggernautnbk
MSN:
E-Mail:
http://www.LegendsAtEarth.com

Desperado Game profile

May 19th 2014, 4:56:08

stfu jag :P

Originally posted by Primeval:
pants antler

Billyjoe of UCF Game profile

May 19th 2014, 12:58:36

Haha this is hilarious after all the talking last set.... Tuck your tail and hide mentality.

Donny Game profile

May 19th 2014, 13:06:58

they all went VACA mode-
ICQ-105967052

Twain Game profile

May 19th 2014, 18:02:42

Originally posted by Billyjoe of UCF:
Haha this is hilarious after all the talking last set.... Tuck your tail and hide mentality.

Perhaps I didn't pay much attention to people on "my" side talking, but very little of the talk from last set's war came from PAN, and most of it that was out there was me, and I didn't play last set, and neither am I playing this set.

Bigwiggle Game profile

May 20th 2014, 5:42:44

Nah we didn't talk too much, BJ just gets confused easily. Sadly this isn't even an attempt to 'tuck our tails and hide' .. most members are just apathetic. Llaar ended what would have been a very poor netting set for everyone but a few members, as I'm sure he could tell
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

Raging Budda Game profile

May 20th 2014, 19:50:27

Just shocking to me that mainly one person could take down PAN like this.
Your base is mine!

Marshal Game profile

May 20th 2014, 20:29:02

whois winning atm?
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Twain Game profile

May 20th 2014, 20:55:38

llaar.

To give the full picture, it's a combination of several things: Many of our players are having lackluster sets and weren't putting full effort in anyway, llaar chose targets exceptionally well and maximized his damage to those he hit (and those were the few people who WERE most active), and then the downward spiral of Things aren't going well-->apathy-->things are going worse-->more apathy, and his countries are pretty stout. I'm sure if he had a bunch of 4M NW countries, our guys would be more interested in rebuilding and attacking, but the general feeling is that they'd rather just take a few weeks off playing this game.

Twiz Game profile

May 20th 2014, 21:03:17

Originally posted by Raging Budda:
Just shocking to me that mainly one person could take down PAN like this.

Not really... llaard hit a clan that basically had no defense and the will to not fight back. If PAN had 200+ countries, then I could see why it would be shocking.

May 20th 2014, 21:19:49

He did this with countries that mostly started with 100 A 3 weeks before his FS. Granted llaar is one of the best in the game, but 100+ coutries a the start should be able handle. Even mediocre netters make decent war countries, once war techs are bought with their stock.
Your base is mine!

RaTS FYA Game profile

May 20th 2014, 22:46:17

3 weeks is all it takes to build a large part of your country, mix that with because he started later, prices were higher, so he would have made a lot more money then a general 3 week old country. It really wasn't all that impressive, just shows again why there isn't much point playing the game when all it takes is 1 person to take a clan out of total networth contention.
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

May 21st 2014, 0:28:53

no defense... haha whose fault is that.

i'm so sick of all the land trading folks running with huge gaps in their country and then crying foul when someone takes advantage of it..

Bottom line run a solid country and you won't have these issues.

i'm no top 10 netter but even when i'm netting i don't have glaring weaknesses.

its a war game and people hold grudges...

Just as when NBK and friends hit ICD last set and said.. oh its a war game why weren't you ready to war.. your leaders are terrible for not having you ready blah blah... same fluff suffices.. only PAN is even worse because like 5-6 players issued specific threats.

boo hoo...

In 1A you have suiciders left and right raping land traders and i love it. You want to trade and run low/no defense its high risk, high reward... and you got caught with your pants down...

it happens suck it up butter cup and move on.

Twain Game profile

May 21st 2014, 1:25:18

Just as when NBK and friends hit ICD last set and said.. oh its a war game why weren't you ready to war.. your leaders are terrible for not having you ready blah blah... same fluff suffices.. only PAN is even worse because like 5-6 players issued specific threats.

I'm not gonna argue with the rest of what you said, but as I've said multiple times now: there wasn't anyone in PAN talking smack. Yes, PAN declared war on ICD. Yes, our guys were aware people might seek revenge. No, we didn't talk a bunch on the boards.

I was the main person talking on the boards, and I was merely explaining PAN's actions, and furthermore, I haven't run countries for about 3 sets now.

Heck, we barely have 5 guys who even post on FFAT, and most of them only when they feel they really have to.

May 21st 2014, 4:56:11

Originally posted by Twain:
llaar.

To give the full picture, it's a combination of several things: Many of our players are having lackluster sets and weren't putting full effort in anyway, llaar chose targets exceptionally well and maximized his damage to those he hit (and those were the few people who WERE most active), and then the downward spiral of Things aren't going well-->apathy-->things are going worse-->more apathy, and his countries are pretty stout. I'm sure if he had a bunch of 4M NW countries, our guys would be more interested in rebuilding and attacking, but the general feeling is that they'd rather just take a few weeks off playing this game.

So are you saying that PANLV is a Potemkin village?
Your base is mine!

Bigwiggle Game profile

May 21st 2014, 16:10:56

Ignore BJ if you can Twain, he's just trolling.

He did this with countries that mostly started with 100 A 3 weeks before his FS. Granted llaar is one of the best in the game, but 100+ coutries a the start should be able handle. Even mediocre netters make decent war countries, once war techs are bought with their stock.

At the point in the set when llaar hit, good netters don't have any stock. During the land trading phase your country runs day to day with funds
Wiggity

Pandora's Last Vikings | THE OMEGA

msn -

Desperado Game profile

May 21st 2014, 16:43:39

so.. just to clarify...

you guys knew when you declared last set, somebody would be seeking revenge in some shape or form?

but you're basically just rolling over for llaar right now...

this kinda tells me that if ICD decided we wanted you to pay for last sets transgressions, you would have just rolled over and took it.

this also tells me, that you would be forced to take it until you simply disbanded the tag

pants antler

May 21st 2014, 16:54:11

Originally posted by Bigwiggle:
Ignore BJ if you can Twain, he's just trolling.

At the point in the set when llaar hit, good netters don't have any stock. During the land trading phase your country runs day to day with funds

I am not buying this. Set had only 3 weeks left, should have been stocking by then, mediocre net set or not.
Your base is mine!

May 22nd 2014, 1:31:46

step 1 cry
step 2 make excuses to make it seem like it isn't that big of a deal.
step 3 recreate next set!

JoeFFA Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 3:47:26

Oh yeah...

All hail llaar.. the king of... nothing, lol.

And those who wush to follow.. billyjoe?

Keep wasting time .. those who have no life.

mrford Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 4:16:43

ah, so those who oppose you have no life, but you, who play the same game as those who have no life, are the bells of the ball?

solid logic. kill yourself now before you infect others with your stupidity.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

JoeFFA Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 4:29:19

Youre stupid and an idiot. And im done with this place so you can have it all to yourselves, idiot.

mrford Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 4:39:51

excellent argument! your think your opposition is an idiot, so you give up!

sounds like you are an excellent intellect.

oh wait, i might have that wrong. maybe you are just a fluff. who knows, i get confused easily.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Desperado Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 5:41:07

Originally posted by mrford:
i get confused easily.

confirmed

pants antler

Twiz Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 6:52:00

step 1 cry

Kind of sounds like you when you got declared on... oh wait.

Yeah people are suiciding in 1a, and PAN probably gets suicided on by someone every set, but when that suicider ACTUALLY knows how to do some damage, he does some good damage.

I honestly don't care for PAN so much, they are a terrible ally this set, but they didn't deserve to be hit for being a good ally last set.

There are good arguments on both sides, but it all comes down to how much of a fluff llaar is at this game(in a good way).

Donny Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 11:33:25

finallly a thread where im not the one arguing :D
ICQ-105967052

Twain Game profile

May 22nd 2014, 13:51:19

step 1 cry

As opposed to:

step 1: Make up facts about people so they fit better as villains in your little made-up narrative.
step 2: Troll those people based on those made-up facts.
step 3: Ignore it when people call you out on making stuff up, and just troll more anyway.

And Desperado: Every clan that's been around this place for any extended period has been kicked around in at least a set or two where activity wasn't great and they had a poor showing. Yes, that's happening with PAN right now, but you've fought both with us and against us, and you know it's not our typical M.O., just like it's not CC's, or NBK's, or any of the other clans that have been around for a long time to have a poor showing in a war.

It is what it is. We do have the burden of having to show that we can come back from it, but it's not like you should extrapolate the entire strength or weakness of a clan from its worst set, otherwise we'd be talking about how ICD gets gangbanged every set, how TKO gets suicided by IMP and does nothing about it, or how NBK picks off more than they can chew and gets themselves destroyed down to a 45k average net.

But clearly, ICD is a strong clan. TKO is arguably the best netgaining clan the server has had, and NBK is the only war clan that has been able to survive all 26 sets of FFA.

May 22nd 2014, 21:43:16

Beware of apathy, leads to trouble.
Your base is mine!

Desperado Game profile

May 23rd 2014, 0:58:31

Fight apathy

or don't

pants antler

May 25th 2014, 3:24:50

i don't think i did much complaining when we got declared on twiz... made one post about how i thought better of pan.. which i did after playing with them the set before.

I do how ever agree that "ICD" in general did too much fluffing and i posted often about it on the forums and in IRC and actually ended up not finishing the set because of it.

I have no problem backing up my own fluff talking etc... but i'll be damned if i'm going to waste my time and energy backing up someone else's that i don't agree with.

As for twain not sure if those three points are aimed at me or not.. none of them ring a bell so i'm assuming it was some bad generalization.

RaTS FYA Game profile

May 25th 2014, 3:51:18

People need to stop confusing best with longest running
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars