Verified:

Meile Thorstein

May 16th 2014, 13:44:20

Just found this, nearly 10 yrs since I last played the original version. Good to see it's still going by someone. I've forgotten how intense and indepth it is, will take a while, no doubt.

Marshal Game profile

May 16th 2014, 16:09:46

welcome back.

primary isn't best server to start but not worst either.

if you are gonna play on alliance-server then join TIE, http://www.boxcarhosting.com/...pplication.php?clanID=TIE
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Serpentor Game profile

May 16th 2014, 22:58:13

Blah... This is the best place to start as a solo player. At least you can get used to land grabbing again.

Welcome back!!!
The EEVIL Empire

Meile Thorstein

May 16th 2014, 23:24:58

Thanks, go easy on me fellas, been nearly 10 yrs ... just getting my feet wet again. If anyone has any helpful advice, I'm all ears.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 17th 2014, 0:23:39

Pm me your advisor page and ill tell you if you need help!

Stryke Game profile

May 17th 2014, 1:03:45

Let me know when you're ready to tackle Free For All. :)
SOTA (President/HFA) • Elders • Darkness
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. NightShade
Originally posted by kemo:
this dudes either a great troll or a seriously stupid fluff. the kind that takes the pepsi challenge and chooses jiff

Marshal Game profile

May 17th 2014, 10:00:46

Originally posted by Serpentor:
Blah... This is the best place to start as a solo player. At least you can get used to land grabbing again.

Welcome back!!!

express is better since set doesn't last long so player can put up whay he/she learned in prev set in use in next set quite quickly.

meile: either demo farmer or rep casher all explore are good strats to start.

Meile Thorstein

May 17th 2014, 13:15:08

Hey thanks for the heads up and stuff guys, much appreciated .. I stuck with comm cos last time I played, it seemed the dominant way to go, etc., but now I'm seeing lots of different ways to go about it. Will prolly take this set to get back into it.

If any of you decide to attack #302, show mercy!

SethMosrite Game profile

May 17th 2014, 14:29:09

You are better off exploring for land for the time being.

Marshal Game profile

May 17th 2014, 18:19:56

commy isn't bad either but you need to sell twice (maybe thrice) a day to keep your expenses down.

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 18th 2014, 2:03:45

Well the best advice that I can give you is to go it alone on the alliance server, that's the best way, nobody messes with you and you get to play in peace and quietness. Also welcome back buddy and as soon as you create your country on the alliance server send me a pm here on the boards by just clicking on my name...I will definately look out for you and make sure nothing happens to you.
Do as I say, not as I do.

blid

EE Patron

May 18th 2014, 2:05:51

Originally posted by Marshal:
commy isn't bad either but you need to sell twice (maybe thrice) a day to keep your expenses down.
Not true. Sell three times a day? What in high hell lol
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Marshal Game profile

May 18th 2014, 2:22:46

selling thrice a day is possible although then needs to forget 12/18 hrs bonus.

blid

EE Patron

May 18th 2014, 2:30:53

There's no need to do such a thing anyway

Selling twice a day isn't that necessary either
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Meile Thorstein

May 18th 2014, 21:39:56

Originally posted by Syko_Killa:
Well the best advice that I can give you is to go it alone on the alliance server, that's the best way, nobody messes with you and you get to play in peace and quietness. Also welcome back buddy and as soon as you create your country on the alliance server send me a pm here on the boards by just clicking on my name...I will definately look out for you and make sure nothing happens to you.

Thanks Syko, I'll do just that.

SAM_DANGER Game profile

May 19th 2014, 0:55:04

LOL DO NOT LISTEN TO SYKO!

Meile Thorstein

May 19th 2014, 11:48:31

Originally posted by SAM_DANGER:
LOL DO NOT LISTEN TO SYKO!

is there a reason why? I don't want to come across as a jerk here, but I really shouldn't listen to anyone, no?? Even those who tell me not to listen to others?? I don't know a single person on here, so I'm guessing I shouldn't listen/trust anyone, unless they threaten to attack my country, then I'll listen, and prolly watch as my country falls haha

bstrong86 Game profile

May 19th 2014, 11:53:54

Do not.play untagged on alliance.. you'll be farmed into obliviom
The Death Knights

XI

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 19th 2014, 16:47:18

As you should be... the point is "alliance" ha

Marshal Game profile

May 19th 2014, 17:50:42

only handful of players can play untagged on alliance and even those get grabbed and they gain lost land and bit more when they retal.

Meile Thorstein

May 19th 2014, 20:57:12

As a returning player (from over a decade ago), was Primary the way to go? I can see the rust on my game, with many more layers to go ...

Xinhuan Game profile

May 19th 2014, 21:09:41

Primary is fine.

Alliance is a completely different beast, as it is clan server, and players are expected to join a clan, or get farmed mercilessly.

You can either pick things up slowly as you play on solo servers, or join a clan on clan servers and have them teach you the ropes. Note that clan server playstyles are NOT the same as solo server playstyles, the startups are different, the strats are different, though many principles are the same.

blid

EE Patron

May 19th 2014, 21:53:44

Primary is possibly the best server, but it is two months long and eat or be eaten. if you're just coming back you might prefer Express (short one week sets to refine your game in) or if you don't have time for 360 turns a day, perhaps Tournament, which is a month long and is "anything goes" in terms of all sorts of attacks being at your disposal against everyone.

Meile Thorstein

May 19th 2014, 22:18:51

Thanks for the tutorials guys, I've taken them all in, and will see you all in the battlefield!!

(I'll be the one screaming "Mercy!")

neversilence

May 23rd 2014, 1:18:40

express is too much of a distortion of time and reality. I think primary or alliance are the best servers to start out on to learn.

Marshal Game profile

May 23rd 2014, 11:46:32

ffa actually since then can test 16 strats and will be left mostly alone after posts request to be left alone.