Verified:

spchavel Game profile

Jun 12th 2014, 14:27:08

So I recently started a country on the Alliance server, and am having trouble deciding which clan I should get into. I know some of you guys play there also, so would any of you like to make some recommendations?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 12th 2014, 15:26:46

Originally posted by spchavel:
So I recently started a country on the Alliance server, and am having trouble deciding which clan I should get into. I know some of you guys play there also, so would any of you like to make some recommendations?

Come to DK, we are laid back bunch learning the netting game ;-)

http://deathknights.ghqnet.com/
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Xinhuan Game profile

Jun 12th 2014, 15:28:06

LaF. Netting oriented clan.

crest23 Game profile

Jun 12th 2014, 16:46:37

MD will take you to God-mode status.

Edited By: crest23 on Jun 12th 2014, 19:20:35
The Nigerian Nightmare.

SethMosrite Game profile

Jun 12th 2014, 16:55:39

I've always played in SoF, I like it there.

tulosba Game profile

Jun 12th 2014, 17:36:40

Marshal Game profile

Jun 12th 2014, 19:17:27

TIE nets mostly and occasionally wars.

http://www.boxcarhosting.net/...application.php?appID=TIE

we have good teachers to help you.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 12th 2014, 22:57:19

Damn, Xinhuan actually posted an offer for recruiting to LaF. What's going on over there these days anyway?
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Xinhuan Game profile

Jun 13th 2014, 1:10:29

Originally posted by Cerberus:
Damn, Xinhuan actually posted an offer for recruiting to LaF. What's going on over there these days anyway?

Nothing much actually. I haven't played on Alliance for 3 or 4 resets. Got bored of it, and I disapprove of landtrading, so I kind of boycotted the server. Personally, I feel that landtrading has twisted the game from being hostile competitively (grabbing with hostility), into friendly competition (arranged landtrades). No longer the same game.

spchavel Game profile

Jun 13th 2014, 1:37:30

I am not interested in joining a group that does that, so if i end up seeing that ill probably cut ties also. I have just been wanting to play on a server where i can actually work with my allies instead of being afraid to even talk to them lest i be banned.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 13th 2014, 3:57:57

spchavel, the entire server does it now not just LaF. Many in LaF do not like it, including myself.

Qz has made some changes to weaken trading so hopefully it will fade away but only time will tell.

Rest assured we play with the utmost respect for the game.

Xinhuan Game profile

Jun 13th 2014, 4:50:34

Originally posted by spchavel:
I am not interested in joining a group that does that, so if i end up seeing that ill probably cut ties also. I have just been wanting to play on a server where i can actually work with my allies instead of being afraid to even talk to them lest i be banned.

The problem is that if you don't landtrade, you aren't going to get a top 20 finish. Landtrading is THAT powerful (and problematic in game design - it out-trumps all non-trading strats), which is the only reason why LaF has finally started doing it after years of warring against it. In fact the first reset LaF did landtrading, we placed so many top 30s, the highest finishing country that didn't landtrade was ranked 33. One day after that reset, qzjul promptly nerfed landtrading, and it has received continual nerfs, including today's announced landtrading nerfs (see Announcements) for the new reset.

I had once explained that Landtrading undermines the game, much like how the Auction House in Diablo 3 undermined the game there. Removing the AH is the right step in D3-RoS, and removing landtrading would also be the right step in EE, but qzjul believes in landtrading due to how little land (and players) there are in this game - it is a stopgap measure to prevent overfarming of new and untagged players.

Marshal Game profile

Jun 13th 2014, 8:10:43

if makes hostile grab then most likely breaks pact and gets retalled 200% l:l, alliances are pretty much pacted out when they want to net so if wants to grab land and get good returns then landtrading is only possibility, if doesn't want to landtrade but wants to grab land then mostly untaggeds/1-few person tags are to be grabbed and those are in deep dr (diminished returns) 24/7 so returns are maybe 20 acres per hit with ghost acres and landtraders can get that 100 times with a single hit.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

spchavel Game profile

Jun 13th 2014, 12:02:41

Originally posted by Requiem:
spchavel, the entire server does it now not just LaF. Many in LaF do not like it, including myself.

Qz has made some changes to weaken trading so hopefully it will fade away but only time will tell.

Rest assured we play with the utmost respect for the game.

Thanks for the insight, and the invite Requiem. All in all I joined the Alliance sever to gain experience in different strategies, so I feel even with land traders around I will meet my goal.