Verified:

juice Game profile

Jun 26th 2014, 17:59:01

Currently, we get 50 ops per day. These ops get refreshed (I'm guessing) 24 hours after they are used.

Why does someone with 10k spies have the ability to do the same amount of spy ops as someone with 300k spies? Shouldn't more spies make it so that you can do more ops? Realistically, if the US has more spies than Ethiopa, then the US should be able to send those spies on more missions.

OK, so how to fix this in a way that wouldn't totally kill the game...

First, give spy ops every 5 minutes, but only a percentage based on the number of spies a country has. I think a fair amount would be .01 spy op for every 15k spies the country has. This amount to 1 spy op every 50 minutes for someone with 150k spies, or almost 29 ops per day.

This is about 58 ops per day for someone with 300k spies.

OK, so having more than 50 ops might be too dangerous. Let's cap it at 50 max.

So what does this idea do exactly, if implemented. It simply allows those with more spies to refresh their amount of spy ops faster. They could do more than 50 ops in a 24 hour period, making spies more useful, but no more than 50 in one hour (well, about 45 minutes).

If this is still too strong, then give the ops out once per hour (instead of every 5 minutes), at a rate of 1 op for every 150k spies).

Let's try it and then adjust it as needed until it works well.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jun 26th 2014, 18:01:55

Interesting

FailDiegoFail Game profile

Jun 26th 2014, 18:08:58

It's kinda like how you produce less with fewer civs, makes sense that way. Also would lower desire for an early war if that's what people prefer. Idk

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Jun 26th 2014, 20:08:11

ops are reset to 50 at midnight game time.
and i don't know that i'd want more spy ops available for people with higher spal, as that's the equivalent of giving more attacks to somebody with higher military.

juice Game profile

Jun 26th 2014, 20:18:01

Originally posted by Azz Kikr:
ops are reset to 50 at midnight game time.
and i don't know that i'd want more spy ops available for people with higher spal, as that's the equivalent of giving more attacks to somebody with higher military.

you don't give more ops to people with higher spal. You give them to people with more spies.

And we do allow people with more military to attack more times. If I need 200k jets to break my targets and I have just 200k jets, I can only do the one PS. But if I have 1m jets, I can do 5 PSs.

Also, how is it a fair system to reset the ops at midnight. Then if I wait until just before midnight, I could do 100 ops within an hour?

Grimm Game profile

Jun 26th 2014, 20:18:45

In a way we do - if you send a larger percentage of your military it has more effect on readiness.

(Ed.: this was replying to Azz Kicker, obviously)

bstrong86 Game profile

Jun 26th 2014, 20:56:32

If we are going down this road, then the size of.military should affect PS return time and the # of them we can do.

Sometimes..we just need to.leave the game alone.. constant changes are becommng a bad thing.
The Death Knights

XI

Marshal Game profile

Jun 26th 2014, 21:13:35

so some1 with 10k spies gets 50 spy ops then some1 with 100k gets 100 ops and some1 with million gets 1000 ops, suiciders and other morons would just love that, they could steal fluffload techs and money.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

DarkReturns Game profile

Jun 26th 2014, 21:53:08

It is an interesting idea, but spies can do more harm than a standard BR or GS and it only takes 1 turn to do it and pretty much undetectable until you log in. Imagine if spies can get kill a country without a single person on the enemy team knowing, or spying until there is only 1 hit left and kill them with that one hit.

If the change happens, a lot more people may consider going all spies just for the scenario above.