Verified:

BladeEWG Game profile

Jul 24th 2014, 0:23:17

Originally posted by galleri:
Originally posted by Riddler:
you know what I like most about this post?
The fact that Rage is noticed again. whether you love us or hate us we are here to stay.

and the flaming can go away now...we have some old old old school members that played back when there was no such thing as a topfeed, and some new players as well, who haven't quite got the hang of checking the embassy, either way RAGE leadership has come to an agreement with all of those other leaders and have worked out the issue.

I liked it better when you and blade were Vengeance. :P

When we were Vengeance I don't think we even had an Embassy.
;)

FailDiegoFail Game profile

Jul 24th 2014, 5:02:34

1) nobody in rage is telling people to topfeed, certainly not the leaders because guess who gets to deal with everyones fluffing
2) wtf is a topfeed? if you have more land than me then fluff it i want some
3) if you are sitting on say 60k acres and dont bother to buy more than 2m turrets, sometimes I think I should just set your country to farm status but I like not being booted
4) this supposed "trend" people are seeing is BS, its basically returning members just looking at fat countries wanting a slice of the action.
5) we arent looking to fluff up anyones set, I think most RAGErs dont give a fluff who gets top10 (except a few netters of ours) so whether Laf or MD or Evo or Danger for that matter reaches top10, well good for you but we dont care enough to try to control who finishes well

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 24th 2014, 5:30:35

Originally posted by BladeEWG:
Originally posted by galleri:
The fact that Rage is noticed again. whether you love us or hate us we are here to stay.

and the flaming can go away now...we have some old old old school members that played back when there was no such thing as a topfeed, and some new players as well, who haven't quite got the hang of checking the embassy, either way RAGE leadership has come to an agreement with all of those other leaders and have worked out the issue.

I liked it better when you and blade were Vengeance. :P

When we were Vengeance I don't think we even had an Embassy.
;)

I can't remember if we had an Embassy or not.... I know we had an FA dept.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Gongshow09 Game profile

Jul 24th 2014, 12:38:43

Rage's war effort this reset should get them lots of notice....Great work

iTarl Game profile

Jul 24th 2014, 12:54:18

galleri likes FA "work" and never gets upset with members, :)

Atryn Game profile

Jul 24th 2014, 14:17:23

Originally posted by robyn:
So let me get this straight mdevol, all your members in SOL are puppets and you control the strings.

A strong alliance with strong leadership takes time. You have to build a culture where the members respect the decisions the leaders make and the rules/policies they set out. The members have to understand that a policy is there to protect the entire alliance, not to stop that one member from making a sweet, juicy grab.

If RAGE is dealing with a lot of recently returned members who just want to have fun, it will naturally take time for that culture to develop and for them to want to follow Robyn's lead.

Atryn Game profile

Jul 24th 2014, 14:21:04

Originally posted by FailDiegoFail:

There are some pretty common definitions out there, if it isn't specifically defined in your pacts.

MD/RAGE didn't define a topfeed in our pacts for the past year+ but then we had a great relationship, grabs didn't really happen and FA contact would always work everything out anyway.

You should certainly educate the returned members on what a topfeed is (in current EE politics) and when/if it matters for pacted alliances.

FireFox Game profile

Jul 24th 2014, 15:36:56

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 24th 2014, 17:04:23

Originally posted by iTarl:
galleri likes FA "work" and never gets upset with members, :)

Tarl that is so sweet of you. You shouldn't lie! LOL

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

mdevol Game profile

Jul 24th 2014, 18:49:13

Originally posted by robyn:
So let me get this straight mdevol, all your members in SOL are puppets and you control the strings.

Stating that leadership is responsible for everything a member does is just ridiculous.

No not puppets, just educated on what is or is not appropriate for them to do in-game, like top-feeding. As Atryn has said, it takes time. SoL has had plenty of time.

As far as leadership being responsible for everything a member does, that is part of being a leader. If it is 1 rouge member, leadership has a little bit more leeway on it, but when it is 4-5 different members, spread out over the entire set, it is much different. Teaching the clan what is right or wrong, and having them abide by the clan policy IS a reflection of leadership. If they followed the policy, you wouldn't have had to work with DK, EVO, Pinoy.

Just keep doing what you are doing Robyn, under your leadership, RAGE will figure it out. If you have any questions just ask. you know how to contact me.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Ruthie

Jul 25th 2014, 14:32:02

"my point is that one members actions does not reflect leadership, yet yourself, Tella, bstrong, Ruth all seem to disagree with it, the only one who gets the ONLY point I was making is CC."

I didnt disagree with that statement. No one has control over every member in their tag.

What you die lies squarely on your shoulders.
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Jul 25th 2014, 14:46:48

I don't know why MD was brought up here & even Symac agrees, very stupid argument folks.

FDF, we all know hitting during the stocking phase a a fluff move - It isn't against any rules, just classless.

Jul 25th 2014, 15:34:33

Originally posted by Atryn:
Originally posted by FailDiegoFail:

There are some pretty common definitions out there, if it isn't specifically defined in your pacts.

MD/RAGE didn't define a topfeed in our pacts for the past year+ but then we had a great relationship, grabs didn't really happen and FA contact would always work everything out anyway.

You should certainly educate the returned members on what a topfeed is (in current EE politics) and when/if it matters for pacted alliances.

I was mostly kidding when I asked what a topfeed is :p

Kalick Game profile

Jul 25th 2014, 16:04:12

Originally posted by ericownsyou5:
I don't know why MD was brought up here & even Symac agrees, very stupid argument folks.

FDF, we all know hitting during the stocking phase a a fluff move - It isn't against any rules, just classless.

I don't know why anybody is replying to iScode at all. You guys are just getting trolled.

Alin Game profile

Jul 25th 2014, 16:33:42

This thread is useless. Someone just delete all the comments and leave only Boltar`s.

Symac

Jul 25th 2014, 18:07:39

I don't think I am so far off center that "even Symac agrees" is required. lol

I actually wrote something about especially when the person who brought it up is the person that committed the act. Maybe something about self fullfilling trolling or some such. It got ghosted.

But yeah pretty stupid argument.

juice Game profile

Jul 25th 2014, 18:19:21

wait...let's set up some FA rules about grabbing during a stocking phase. I will make sure my stocking phase begins on turn 100 and ends 30 seconds before the end of set and anyone who hits me must send me $7bil cash with 96 hours of the hit, or the whole clan must delete their countries.

Dude, it's a war game and the best way to get a high nw is to gain land. If I am smart enough to hit you when you have 150mil bushes on hand, 50k acres, and only 3mil defense, than I say I win. You should plan better to not get hit.

This is not a game for only netgainers. Some people prefer war. Some people don't care about either and just want to get a really good landgrab to see if they can beat their best one to date.

If you only want to netgain and never get hit, build a game that doesn't allow landgrabs. Or better yet, build a game that has hundreds of bots that don't attack and allow real players to only hit the bots.

This is all dumb and people need to stop whining when they get butthurt. Take it, dish it back out and move on. i don't cry when i get raped in express. i just stop netting and start fighting.

Cornfed

Jul 25th 2014, 18:43:35

Originally posted by juice:

wait...let's set up some FA rules about grabbing during a stocking phase. I will make sure my stocking phase begins on turn 100 and ends 30 seconds before the end of set and anyone who hits me must send me $7bil cash with 96 hours of the hit, or the whole clan must delete their countries.

Dude, it's a war game and the best way to get a high nw is to gain land. If I am smart enough to hit you when you have 150mil bushes on hand, 50k acres, and only 3mil defense, than I say I win. You should plan better to not get hit.

This is not a game for only netgainers. Some people prefer war. Some people don't care about either and just want to get a really good landgrab to see if they can beat their best one to date.

If you only want to netgain and never get hit, build a game that doesn't allow landgrabs. Or better yet, build a game that has hundreds of bots that don't attack and allow real players to only hit the bots.

This is all dumb and people need to stop whining when they get butthurt. Take it, dish it back out and move on. i don't cry when i get raped in express. i just stop netting and start fighting.

Why not double or triple tap daily then?

Jul 25th 2014, 19:03:15

Well we don't want to end up in a war with EVERYONE....

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Jul 25th 2014, 23:59:29

Originally posted by Symac:

I don't think I am so far off center that "even Symac agrees" is required. lol

I actually wrote something about especially when the person who brought it up is the person that committed the act. Maybe something about self fullfilling trolling or some such. It got ghosted.

But yeah pretty stupid argument.

Nah, my dude. Just referenced you because you're the FA of the alliance that was on the receiving end of Scodes bs.

Edited By: ericownsyou5 on Jul 26th 2014, 0:06:39

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 26th 2014, 13:05:49

Originally posted by SpeedWood:
if you can't keep your land at that nw, you don't deserve it.

and if you are pactless, you leave yourself open to it.

Speedy, I've been saying this for years now. And these morons keep on insisting there is such a thing as topfeeding. This is the same as the liberal mentality, any country with more land than you have, even if ranked lower, is a "topfeed". Hence, they've redefined the term we used to use way back in the day, "target". LOL
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Suicidal Game profile

Jul 26th 2014, 17:00:32

Kill all the netgainers, damn tree huggers :) Oh yeah, BONUS!

Jul 26th 2014, 22:54:12

Originally posted by Cerberus:
Originally posted by SpeedWood:
if you can't keep your land at that nw, you don't deserve it.

and if you are pactless, you leave yourself open to it.

Speedy, I've been saying this for years now. And these morons keep on insisting there is such a thing as topfeeding. This is the same as the liberal mentality, any country with more land than you have, even if ranked lower, is a "topfeed". Hence, they've redefined the term we used to use way back in the day, "target". LOL

Hawkster Game profile

Aug 1st 2014, 5:45:54

Topfeeding LMAO .. awwww are the poor lil David's picking on the big innocent Goliaths. Pfft bunch of whinging low military countries.

Hawkster Game profile

Aug 1st 2014, 5:51:03

Pretty classless to be honest.

I will tell you what is classless, that is all these 125% L:L retals policies. What kinda challenge is in that? I could understand if this retal policy was for like triple taps or even 5 LG's, but this is not the case.

sinned1pac Game profile

Aug 1st 2014, 5:52:59

bonus

SpeedWood Game profile

Aug 1st 2014, 8:02:00

a few countries have even less than 100k troops and 900mil bushels on hand. open to suiciders..

bstrong86 Game profile

Aug 1st 2014, 10:39:55

Gaining land when it has no benefit to you is a fluff hole thing to do.. especially when/because the majority people who do that(top feedng & late set grabs) have no hope of even finishing well, let alone know how to finish well. All these people who say if u cant defend you dont deserve... are fluffing retarded. No matter how much defense you have, someone will and can break it. The ffa, alliance and team are set up in such a way that the clan is defense and the retal policy is respected. Want to play cut throat, go solo.
The Death Knights

XI

Hawkster Game profile

Aug 1st 2014, 14:03:52

Originally posted by bstrong86:
Gaining land when it has no benefit to you is a fluff hole thing to do.. especially when/because the majority people who do that(top feedng & late set grabs) have no hope of even finishing well, let alone know how to finish well.

I agree with most of that actually, especially as you say if there is no hope in benefiting from it so late in a set. However...
Originally posted by bstrong86:
All these people who say if u cant defend you dont deserve... are fluffing retarded. No matter how much defense you have, someone will and can break it. The ffa, alliance and team are set up in such a way that the clan is defense and the retal policy is respected. Want to play cut throat, go solo.

When a country has very little defense, they are asking and begging to be hit .. this is after all a war game. I am not talking about tons and tons of defense and never being able to defend, but big huge countries running dangerously low military. It is not a matter of being able to be broken but having significant amounts of military in respect to the size of your country to make it too costly to deter one from attempting to do a LG.

Of course if doing a LG will result in HUGE gains than it would require absurd amounts of defense to deter someone. But than that is what clan members are for and someone else should be doing the retal.

Also I should add that my country is not one that would normally consider doing LG's in the last week or two of the set. My country has not done one single LG this set, nor do I plan too THIS set as I consider that cheap thing to do. All the same IF I were to see really huge country with only like say 100k troops, I would definitely be tempted too, prolly wouldnt still but I might.

Edited By: Hawkster on Aug 1st 2014, 14:16:01
See Original Post

Suicidal Game profile

Aug 5th 2014, 10:18:11

All of this talk about suiciders is giving me a complex

Atryn Game profile

Aug 5th 2014, 12:07:02

Originally posted by Hawkster:
My country has not done one single LG this set, nor do I plan too THIS set as I consider that cheap thing to do.

Wait, what? Am I reading that wrong or did you just say that LG's are a cheap thing to do in this game?

Hawkster Game profile

Aug 5th 2014, 15:31:48

Originally posted by Atryn:

Wait, what? Am I reading that wrong or did you just say that LG's are a cheap thing to do in this game?

Hmm .. actually no you did not read that wrong. Sorry bad phrasing on my part, I meant (as was main part of my topic I was talking about and can be seen in the sentence just prior) that doing a LG this late in the set is a cheap play.