Verified:

Raging Budda Game profile

Jul 30th 2014, 0:38:07

Not sure why that last thread was locked other than the deleted parties crying foul. Thoght a dicussion of what is deletable offense was about to be started. In this case, the rule about not signing into two accounts from the same IP without being safelisted was violated but apparently with no bad faith or an honest mistake. Is this still a deletable offfense, or should countries be restored if no clear intent at "cheating" or running multis/etc becomes apparent.

Edited By: Raging Budda on Jul 30th 2014, 0:40:49. Reason: Spelling, clairty, etc. added sentence at the start
Your base is mine!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 30th 2014, 0:43:39

For the record, I didn't lock it.

And, for the record, I don't think I Love Lucy is a comparable example of domestic violence in television when compared to The Honeymooners.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 30th 2014, 0:48:54

To answer your question with some vagueness... the policy is that if it is two people want to play together in person we don't want to discourage that.

There's a multitude of things to look at that I won't go into detail about but you can generally tell fairly easily in situations like this. Any mode can confirm :p

Edited By: Pang on Jul 30th 2014, 4:06:13
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 30th 2014, 0:54:57

What Pang said. But we won't go into how we can figure this out.
In the meantime accidents happen. People make mistakes and we recognize that :D

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

braden Game profile

Jul 30th 2014, 0:58:47

i got my shows mixed up, i'm sorry :(

still better than most close to my age, i at least know tv was black and white at one time

Jul 30th 2014, 1:04:18

To get slightly off topic, maybe whoever locks a thread should post why the thread is being locked. An extension of trying to get mods to explain their actions.

Originally posted by galleri:

I realize that you probably can't give exact details due to privacy and/or don't want to disclose your methods. But at least the countries being deleted deserve some sort of reasoning.
Your base is mine!

UpTheIrons Game profile

Jul 30th 2014, 1:04:54

What is the official means of communication for notifying that two accounts may at some point log in from the same network? I see email mentioned on the rules. What is the address?

"Safelisting
In order to accommodate players who are playing from the same household or workplace, Earth Empires has a safelist system to ensure legitimate players are not deleted upon suspicion of game rule violations. When playing from the same household or office, players should email the Earth Empires staff with the information of the multiple accounts from the same household or router. Please note that safelisted countries are under more scrutiny than countries not on the safelist. Countries associated with each other through the safelist are not allowed to interact with each other in-game. Examples of prohibited behaviors include allying together, sending FA, doing market buyouts, or attacking the same target. Countries created by safelisted users can, however, play in the same tag and participate in clan-wide kill runs. This policy is subject to review on a case-by-case basis as Earth Empires staff deems appropriate. "
http://www.earthempires.com/rules

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 30th 2014, 1:09:53

and any inqueries brought up in private by the country owners will be addressed (in private). Based on a private conversation I consider this issue resolved. Should anyone have any further questions/concerns feel free to send me (or an admin) a pm.

As a reminder: the consequence for a rule violation can be anything from a warning up to and including total bannage (tm) depending on the frequency, severity, and circumstances surrounding the incident and this is entirely at our discretion. We do our utmost to be consistent when similar unrelated situations arise.

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

Viceroy Game profile

Jul 30th 2014, 2:13:09

Just because it was an accident doesn't mean it shouldn't still be a punishable offense. Many acts of inadvertent collaboration on the solo servers are honest mistakes from people not looking at the news (or ignoring the news because they believe they are in the right).

This game needs more transparency.
And, Monsters, do not forget to specify, when time and place shall serve, that I am an ass.

Jul 30th 2014, 3:08:54

Originally posted by Viceroy:

Just because it was an accident doesn't mean it shouldn't still be a punishable offense. Many acts of inadvertent collaboration on the solo servers are honest mistakes from people not looking at the news (or ignoring the news because they believe they are in the right).

This game needs more transparency.

+10
Your base is mine!

Arkuss Game profile

Jul 30th 2014, 3:56:50

Can you restore us now then? :D We were told we were restored hours ago but we're still purple :(

tellarion Game profile

Jul 30th 2014, 7:44:29

You were restored on team already. What servers were you not restored on yet?

Furious999 Game profile

Jul 30th 2014, 8:08:42

The prompt decision making on this site is most impressive.

On an entirely unrelated matter, are inappropriate country names still a ground for deletion?

elvesrus

Jul 30th 2014, 8:28:25

Originally posted by Furious999:
The prompt decision making on this site is most impressive.

On an entirely unrelated matter, are inappropriate country names still a ground for deletion?

http://www.eestats.com/team/oldcountry/362/103
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Boltar Game profile

Jul 30th 2014, 8:45:54

while not looking at any links or any of that.. i believe country names are just changed

mdevol Game profile

Jul 30th 2014, 9:28:03

As scott has learned, country names are changed if they are reported and found offensive, if you self-delete to change them back, and continue to bypass the edits, crossing it over to other servers and such, despite warning from the mods, you may risk deletion.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Furious999 Game profile

Jul 30th 2014, 9:49:41

Thank you.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 30th 2014, 12:57:11

mdevol is correct.

We also don't want to encourage country name reporting in an effort to get your opponent deleted as a war tactic :P

(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

NoleICN Game profile

Jul 30th 2014, 19:32:47

transparency is one thing.... screaming for a reason why a thread is locked everytime it happens is different....

not saying this is the case this time.... just ive seen it in the past
Nole

Retired

downsay Game profile

Jul 31st 2014, 12:46:59

bonus

elvesrus

Jul 31st 2014, 12:55:11

Be honest boltar, you know which country I linked ;)
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 31st 2014, 13:37:01

regarding the country name in the link.. I think you are just jealous of the sheep:P
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Ruthie

Jul 31st 2014, 15:11:09

My son and I both play, and we use different browsers so that we dont get confused, especially in a war chat sharing a laptop. I have almost allied him by mistake by using the dropdown list on the relations page, which I know is a no-no.

We are safelisted and havent had an issue up to this point.
~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

DotTC1 Game profile

Jul 31st 2014, 15:35:49

I will have to remember this if I ever have a friend come visit.

Jul 31st 2014, 22:25:27

Your base is mine!