Aug 25th 2014, 19:22:52

/me laughs @ flexfest 14
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 25th 2014, 19:28:30

Originally posted by Arsenal:
MD wasn't around to help because we weren't around in the game / knew it was being rebuilt, if we'd know we'd have helped. But that's fine. You guys "own" the game you guys can run it as you see fit.

Its' great that two of you have finally said that to me (and everyone else in EE) because up until now Qz's just been saying find someone to do it and we'll add them but then whenever we propose someone nothing is done. It's good to know where those alliances that weren't involved in restarting the game stand.

You're missing my point: we don't add people to the staff/mod team because of a single server's political situation. Making the argument that we need to "balance the mods out" irks me because you're mixing a server's political situation into the game staff.

My wider point was that it was well known we were remaking the game when MD chose to not take part. MD chose to leave and play Astroempires instead and wash their hands of Earth. I remember seeing the post when I was already working on the game and was disappointed to hear it. So you can't be surprised when you come back and all the positions are filled by people who really helped us out when we were in a pinch.

Additionally, it's not like we're constantly adding new mods from the same alliances either and the ones you care about are being overlooked. The staff's been fairly stable for quite some time, minus galleri who is subject to Soviet's whims.

You're not missing much anyway as everything is basically in "maintenance" mode at this point.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 25th 2014, 19:39:04

We never chose people to help based on tag and the people selected have nothing to do with 1A or FFA affiliation (otherwise how do you explain myself and slagpit both being staff).
In fact there was a very involved selection process the last time I chose a bunch of game mods for primary and tourney.

Two things generally piss off the staff/mods:

1) trying to use moderation/staff actions for political purposes or to imply that this is somehow true
2) personal attacks that have nothing to do with the game.

you are all special in the eyes of fluff
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER BUNNY!!!

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 25th 2014, 19:39:59

If you really honestly think that we (staff) are manipulating things for political gain then you probably shouldn't be playing/hanging around here as it's only going to make you miserable
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Arsenal

Aug 25th 2014, 20:35:26

I said it was fine in my last post I wasn't being sarcastic.

It's good to get the real / straight answer though from H4 and Pang on previous page.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 25th 2014, 21:35:02

It's good to get the real / straight answer though from H4 and Pang on previous page.

MD wasn't around to help because we weren't around in the game / knew it was being rebuilt, if we'd know we'd have helped. But that's fine. You guys "own" the game you guys can run it as you see fit.

Look, I'm certainly happy that MD is back but I'm not happy you keep pointing to this revisionist history where EE happened secretly and you guys were unaware. Martian was a high-level leader alongside MD'ers in AE. He was on the staff team since the day the game was created. I remember reading a thread where MD leaders posted saying they are choosing to go play AE over EE the same day we announced EE, which was especially disappointing because I expected more tags to follow MD's lead. So your point that you "would have helped had you known" is bunk.

Don't believe me?
http://forums.utopia-game.com/...-will-be-in-Astro-Empires
and
http://forums.utopia-game.com/...ommunity-beyond-Jolt-quot
Post dated: Nov 4, 2011 -- one hour apart :p

Probably 75% of the mod/staff team is people who were working with us during those times one way or another -- building, testing, verifying formulas, updating sites and keeping the community together, etc. That's the staff core you're complaining isn't pure enough.

Edited By: Pang on Aug 25th 2014, 22:04:13
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Trife Game profile

Aug 25th 2014, 21:47:21

Originally posted by martian:
If you really honestly think that we (staff) are manipulating things for political gain then you probably shouldn't be playing/hanging around here as it's only going to make you miserable

MARTIAN MANIPULATES MY POSTS ON THE FORUMS FOR POLITICAL/FINANCIAL/SEXUAL GAIN

ITS BS

MOD ABUSE MOD ABUSE

HANDS UP DONT BAN!

Furious999 Game profile

Aug 25th 2014, 21:52:11

Who is this MD that people keep talking about?

mdevol Game profile

Aug 25th 2014, 22:02:39

Arsenal taking a page out of Xyle's " how to shoot yourself in the foot" book, I see. No good will come out of putting this discussion on AT.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Alin Game profile

Aug 25th 2014, 22:18:36

Game history is game history. This game is provided for free by this people - as long as owners trust the mods we should trust them too.

That does not mean that some mistakes weren't made when given(or actually maintain) mod powers to a handful of people that actually worked against the fairness of this game.

Pang QZ martian - for future, if you decide to choose,choose more careful. That example with people that were here when others were not is kinda stupid.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 25th 2014, 22:30:12

Originally posted by Alin:
Pang QZ martian - for future, if you decide to choose,choose more careful. That example with people that were here when others were not is kinda stupid.

OK, next time I'm remaking the game and need a new staff I'll make sure to contact the people who choose not to take part and offer them mod slots over the people who actually spent time and energy helping.

The whole argument is flawed to begin with; those making it just reinforce my belief that we don't/shouldn't pay attention to tag when selecting mods because we'll get more threads like this. A position on staff is based on what the individual does; not what his/her Alliance server clan does.

Edited By: Pang on Aug 25th 2014, 22:33:26
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 25th 2014, 22:32:51

Make me a mod or I'm packing my toys and going home! HA

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 25th 2014, 22:37:23

what the hell is Arsenal talking about.

My point was that I would not have put all the time and effort into help build this game, and would not have been trusted to, if I was this big cheat he is constantly arguing I am.

What that has to do with the addition of new mods or the attitude mods have towards people like MD is neither here nor there. To suggest it has anything to do with that requires some significant assertive leaps. Though this is Arsenal we are talking about so I am not sure why I am surprised, since his reading comprehension is filtered though a very specific world view.

I am sure I could make a comment about bowling and he would find a way to interpret it as a political position on game administration.

Just look at how this whole battle between us started. I made a statement related to statistical inference, and his response was to claim (falsely) that I have no credibility in this game, as though that is somehow relevant to the validity of my comments regarding statistics heh.

Edited By: H4xOr WaNgEr on Aug 25th 2014, 22:41:26

Alin Game profile

Aug 25th 2014, 22:37:46

Originally posted by Pang:
Originally posted by Alin:

OK, next time I'm remaking the game and need a new staff I'll make sure to contact the people who choose not to take part and offer them mod slots over the people who actually spent time and energy helping.

The whole argument is flawed to begin with; those making it just reinforce my belief that we don't/shouldn't pay attention to tag when selecting mods because we'll get more threads like this. A position on staff is based on what the individual does; not what his/her Alliance server clan does.

Being Loyal is good. But i`ve seen people (in life) being loyal to all sorts of whores. Does not end good for those people ...

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 25th 2014, 22:39:39

" A position on staff is based on what the individual does; not what his/her Alliance server clan does."
Yeah otherwise I'd say we'd have to disqualify everyone pretty much except SAM DANGER.

The point is that we don't want to go around changing mods every couple of months so the individual's activity and attitude at the time we are looking plays a large part.
(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 25th 2014, 22:40:24

OK, we'll watch out for players who are loyal to whores as part of the review process.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Alin Game profile

Aug 25th 2014, 22:41:41

Originally posted by H4xOr WaNgEr:
what the hell is Arsenal talking about.

My point was that I would not have put all the time and effort into help build this game, and would not have been trusted to, if I was this big cheat he is constantly arguing I am.

What that has to do with the addition of new mods or the attitude mods have towards people like MD is neither here nor there. To suggest it has anything to do with that requires some significant assertive leaps. Though this is Arsenal we are talking about so I am not sure why I am surprised and all reading comprehension is filtered though a very specific world view.

I am sure I could make a comment about bowling and he would find a way to interpret it as a political position on game administration.

Just look at how this whole battle between us started. I made a statement related to statistical inference, and his response was to claim (falsely) that I have no credibility in this game, as though that is somehow relevant to the validity of my comments regarding statistics heh.

Pretty much: a head in Hanlongs Laf and in RD has 0 credibility no matter how much he tries.

mdevol Game profile

Aug 25th 2014, 22:42:45

This is a stupid argument even have.

And they wonder why we cant have nice things.

Edited By: mdevol on Aug 25th 2014, 22:45:03
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

Arsenal

Aug 25th 2014, 22:56:06

Look, I'm certainly happy that MD is back but I'm not happy you keep pointing to this revisionist history where EE happened secretly and you guys were unaware. Martian was a high-level leader alongside MD'ers in AE. He was on the staff team since the day the game was created. I remember reading a thread where MD leaders posted saying they are choosing to go play AE over EE the same day we announced EE, which was especially disappointing because I expected more tags to follow MD's lead. So your point that you "would have helped had you known" is bunk.

Don't believe me?
http://forums.utopia-game.com/...-will-be-in-Astro-Empires
and
http://forums.utopia-game.com/...ommunity-beyond-Jolt-quot
Post dated: Nov 4, 2011 -- one hour apart :p

Probably 75% of the mod/staff team is people who were working with us during those times one way or another -- building, testing, verifying formulas, updating sites and keeping the community together, etc. That's the staff core you're complaining isn't pure enough.

I wasn't aware of this / around in MD at that time or ever told or made aware of this. So I'll retract all statements made around MD not being around or helping out at the time. Thanks for the clarification / education Pang.

As I've said twice now I've got the point: we weren't involved in starting the game so we missed the boat. Fair enough.

As for H4, everything I said stands.

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 25th 2014, 22:59:24

pimpin aint' easy!

(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Forum Moderator

Aug 25th 2014, 23:01:59

Full of crap. When was the last time even had a forum account in RD? 2003 maybe?

I did not know about Hanlong or TCès cheating. It is not that hard to hide from people when the gain is intel.
Things I did as a teenager are not reflective of things I do in my thirties heh.

TAN Game profile

Aug 25th 2014, 23:07:09

Yeah I have no idea why H4 is a mod. Everything else in this thread is a complete cesspool of fluff, but why H4 is a game mod is crazy as fluff. Forum mod I could understand. But game mod?

Even if H4 is innocent of everything he's accused of, his simple association with cheaters should be enough to cast doubt on being a game mod. This game isn't a court of law where you are innocent until proven guilty. Proving guilt in this game is fluffing stupid - it's near impossible. We're not the United Nations and we're not the ICC.

If someone is even suspected of cheating or associating with cheaters, they should immediately be blacklisted from *game* (not forum) modding. If it's unjust, tough cookies. This is EE, not SCOTUS.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

TAN Game profile

Aug 25th 2014, 23:09:54

Never mind. I am a cesspool of fluff.

H4 is a forum mod after all, and not a game mod.

I shall leave my previous post unedited as my badge of shame.

Sorry H4.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Forum Moderator

Aug 25th 2014, 23:38:08

I am both.
I mod Team and FFA servers heh.

I guess Pang trusts that I am clean heh.
He knows me well and has known me for a long while.

smlandau84 Game profile

Aug 26th 2014, 0:06:08

Bonus!

martian Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 26th 2014, 0:07:50

Just to clarify I chose H4 to be a game mod with some discussion with pang and qz. Generally pang/qz don't get involved in determining who is a game mod unless they have reasons to object to my recommendations which does happen often because they know something about the individual that I don't. Generally the three of us have to agree though although I guess strictly speaking pang/qz could tell me to go fluff myself and live with their appointment.

ps, I am still AT HEAD OF TAN.

(|(|
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

Red X Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express & Team

Aug 26th 2014, 0:19:49

rawr
My attitude is that of a Hulk smash
Mixed with Tony Montana snortin' bags of his coke stash
http://nbkffa.ghqnet.com

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 26th 2014, 0:23:35

Pang/Qz can pick whoever they want. If you don't like it you can:

1. cry
2. cry more
3. go play a different game

I see that we've used option 1 and option 2 in this thread.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 26th 2014, 0:27:41

TAN and Arsenal need to stop being dumb with respect to H4.

For his real life job, H4 needs to objectively look at situations and scenarios regarding more complex things than this game so his input on changes is valuable. He can also model country/mechanic changes using stats software so there's lots of obvious upside just with his skillset by itself. I can verify this skillset since we went to undergrad together and he went to grad school at the same school as my girlfriend.

I've known him IRL for a decade and trust him to put that relationship above any aspect of the game. We both have the same overarching feelings about LaF -- which is that we don't need to cheat to win and when we do it cheapens us and weakens us for the long term (see: this round). And we come to that conclusion by having seen both sides from the company we kept in our teens.

Like it or not, guys, we grew up a long time ago.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

TAN Game profile

Aug 26th 2014, 1:00:19

Fair enough. Said fluffing shall stop.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

euglaf Game profile

Aug 26th 2014, 1:10:04

regarding the topic: MD had a lot of positioning advantages this reset, which is partly in due to politics so I wouldn't take anything away from them regarding that. As far as players go LaF still has the best and it's not even close. The bigger issue for LaF nowadays is that all of our "elite" players simply don't have the time or interest to put in towards a game that is pretty pointless now (game changes that don't address key issues, lack of players, lack of politics change, etc). The vet core is solid but the LaF "elite" really boosted LaF to a completely different level that any alliance on this server couldn't even come close to emulating (it took 5 alliances at a 250(ish):70 member advantage to really take us down two years ago). I think the really scary thing will be riling up the entire LaF vet core - things were so stale for us the last 2 years a lot of ppl quit out of dis-interest in the game. Maybe this set will change things.

Regarding h4 and cheating - anyone who accuses h4 of cheating at any point in the last 5 years is an absolute moron. Even funnier is people still don't realize what happened between laf and rd despite the logs being posted over a year ago.

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Aug 26th 2014, 1:17:35

zzzzz

TAN Game profile

Aug 26th 2014, 1:25:17

I think only Arsenal accused H4 of cheating. I was saying being associated with cheaters should be enough to bar him from modding, but if Pang vouches for him that's good enough for me.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 26th 2014, 1:32:10

Of all the people to be kept in the dark about the cheating in LaF H4 would be at the top of that list because he would almost certainly bring it to my attention immediately.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Arsenal

Aug 26th 2014, 1:36:22

TAN and Arsenal need to stop being dumb with respect to H4.

For his real life job, H4 needs to objectively look at situations and scenarios regarding more complex things than this game so his input on changes is valuable. He can also model country/mechanic changes using stats software so there's lots of obvious upside just with his skillset by itself. I can verify this skillset since we went to undergrad together and he went to grad school at the same school as my girlfriend.

I've known him IRL for a decade and trust him to put that relationship above any aspect of the game. We both have the same overarching feelings about LaF -- which is that we don't need to cheat to win and when we do it cheapens us and weakens us for the long term (see: this round). And we come to that conclusion by having seen both sides from the company we kept in our teens.

Like it or not, guys, we grew up a long time ago.

Yeah and TC was a great friend as well. Trusted with access and all that. So disappointed when he breached your trust.

In 2005/6 H4 knew MD was being botted by TC and supported that effort. That I know from multiple RD leaders at the time including from Lemon Chiffon. That's enough for me for him to be a cheat. You may know him plenty IRL doesn't invalidate my view that he has a history of cheating. Maybe he didn't cheat against you so its ok.

Anyway whatever, I have other things to do with argue with you all.

Originally posted by euglaf:

Regarding h4 and cheating - anyone who accuses h4 of cheating at any point in the last 5 years is an absolute moron. Even funnier is people still don't realize what happened between laf and rd despite the logs being posted over a year ago.

I'm fully aware of what happened between LaF and RD (not sure if that line was directed at me but the rest of the paragraph was). I was the one who posted the logs....?

And the most telling line of all from eug: "...in the last 5 years".

Edited By: Arsenal on Aug 26th 2014, 1:40:35
See Original Post

Pain Game profile

Aug 26th 2014, 1:39:39

i can tell you that H4 has had exactly zero to do with RD as far as EE goes. he never even had an account on RDs site.

so anything he might have done 10 years ago i feel is irrelevant to whether he can be trusted today. people change, especially between the time they are teenagers to into their 30's.
Your mother is a nice woman

Kalick Game profile

Aug 26th 2014, 1:40:24

Originally posted by euglaf:

I'm fully aware of what happened between LaF and RD (not sure if that line was directed at me but the rest of the paragraph was). I was the one who posted the logs....?

Mr. Orange posted the logs =p

Arsenal

Aug 26th 2014, 1:42:48

Originally posted by Pain:
i can tell you that H4 has had exactly zero to do with RD as far as EE goes. he never even had an account on RDs site.

so anything he might have done 10 years ago i feel is irrelevant to whether he can be trusted today. people change, especially between the time they are teenagers to into their 30's.

I guess everyone use to cheat so what's the point of even quoting full history.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Aug 26th 2014, 2:01:26

Ya, Arsenal, my generally poor working relationship with TC as a server host is totally equatable to H4 being my college roommate/one of my housemates for 4 years, and continuing that friendship through into our 30's. I set him up with one of his girlfriends; it ended poorly.

The more you open your mouth the more I realize that you don't have a clue about a lot of people, myself included, or what went on for large swaths of the game's history. Believe it or not, qz gave TC the access he abused because "it was easier than fighting with TC" after I removed TC from the staff for doing no tangible work and overall decreasing trust. I don't blame anyone because he seemed like a fine and mature LaF-focused hosting guy when the game was made and had built his own Earth simulator game (which we used 0 code from; it wasn't inaccurate with the game formulas) but learn your fluffing history if you're going to try and slam me over things you know little to nothing about.

You think you're a big part of this community with your attitude and ego but you're contribution pales in comparison to the people you're slamming who are the reason you have this venue to complain on.

Edited By: Pang on Aug 26th 2014, 2:31:54
See Original Post
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

happypeepeehead

Aug 26th 2014, 2:05:49

THIS WHOLE THREAD SMELLS LIKE TINKLE

tellarion Game profile

Aug 26th 2014, 2:08:23

Eug, Laf definitely has a huge chunk of the best netters on the server, but they don't have them all. And the stats back up my statement :)

Also, yes we all know about the brewing divide between Laf and RD, but who was the one who made an RDer his HFA, who then turned around and fluffed with Neo and ruined two straight netting sets for you guys?

Arsenal, I told you it's silly to argue about mod representation. There is ONE game mod for alliance, and that's martian. Why would it matter if an MDer were modding team server or something? Hell, as far as 1a goes, you know for sure that I'm on your side, but that doesn't mean anything in the larger picture. I mod Express and Team, and that has nothing to do with Alliance and the politics here.

bstrong86 Game profile

Aug 26th 2014, 2:22:33

Can i play mod ? :p

The Death Knights

XI

VicRattlehead Game profile

Aug 26th 2014, 2:27:16

*pales in comparison

/stopbeingthatguy

euglaf Game profile

Aug 26th 2014, 3:42:00

tella, you're an idiot that has no idea what a good player looks like because you've never had one in your alliance. In regards to your comments on candy, and I'm being 100% honest here, it was because I literally had no other options (nobody wanted to do the FR work or had any experience in it - this much should be obvious when you consider how little information I actually shared with him).

arsenal, you're an idiot with an ego that never ends to amuse me (and many others).

mdevol Game profile

Aug 26th 2014, 4:10:16

euglaf, I am still waiting on a response to my forum PM....

mdevol Game profile

Aug 26th 2014, 4:10:46

please close this thread....

and here I was thinking Alin was gonna ruin it....