Verified:

LATC Game profile

Sep 13th 2014, 18:19:09

All the pages have a "Help information on ____" link at the top.. like research types, building types, alliances, etc. For the sake of beginners learning the game, let's simplify this.

So instead of making somebody completely new to the game (who is already overwhelmed) go to a different page, or a wiki, or a forum, just have a (?) icon after each bldg. type, research type, relation type, etc. so that when you hover over it, a tooltip box appears explaining what the building, tech, alliance does. So if I'm on build, and I hover over a question mark icon next to "Enterprise Zone", a small tool tip appears that says:

"Enterprise Zones help to increase the productivity of your population. Your total tax revenues are dependent upon the number of people you have, how much they earn each turn (Per Capita Income), and your tax rate. These buildings will help to increase the maximum Per Capita Income your people can achieve."

Very simple to implement with jquery. Can be done in 15 minutes but will go a long way in helping newbies learn the game.
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 14th 2014, 21:10:08

I agree!

Though i want to do some things before changing the current template
Finally did the signature thing.

Azz Kikr Game profile

Wiki Mod

Sep 15th 2014, 19:58:55

rofl it can be done per item in 15 minutes, maybe :P for everything in the game that could have a tooltip? a bit more :p

LATC Game profile

Sep 15th 2014, 20:08:26

15 mins per item?! Are you rewriting the entire code every time?!

- Install jQuery tooltip and it's corresponding one or two CSS and one image
- And then each item it's just <div class="tooltip">TEXT GOES HERE</div>

Only 9 pages have the "Help information on ____". Fine maybe 15 mins is aggressive, but at most 30 mins to an hour if you're lazy about it.

Zorp Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 16th 2014, 0:42:46

In an ideal world, maybe 15 mins to an hour looks doable, but it's going to take much more time than that in reality.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Sep 23rd 2014, 21:30:48

Okay, deal; somebody write me the tooltips for every one, put 'em here, and i'll stuff 'em in :)
Finally did the signature thing.

LATC Game profile

Sep 23rd 2014, 21:43:00

Challenge accepted.

elvesrus

Sep 24th 2014, 11:33:57

Originally posted by LATC:
15 mins per item?! Are you rewriting the entire code every time?!

- Install jQuery tooltip and it's corresponding one or two CSS and one image
- And then each item it's just <div class="tooltip">TEXT GOES HERE</div>

Only 9 pages have the "Help information on ____". Fine maybe 15 mins is aggressive, but at most 30 mins to an hour if you're lazy about it.

Originally posted by LATC:
Challenge accepted.

it's been more than an hour :p
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.