Verified:

VicRattlehead Game profile

Sep 16th 2014, 2:38:38

Theo techer. Go.

Of course, you are all wrong til xin weighs in anyway, so maybe just wait for him :lol:

Xinhuan Game profile

Sep 16th 2014, 3:05:12

sqrt(land goal / 4 * 1.4)

Sep 16th 2014, 3:11:13

Really? That's it? I am already over. Hmm. Does that account for going mbr with say a week to go? Or should I multiply that expression by 2?

LATC Game profile

Sep 16th 2014, 3:14:27

7 bpt is ideal. No one builds CS's in primary.
Originally posted by Xinhuan:
Are you guys stupid or what?

Sep 16th 2014, 3:15:52

Originally posted by LATC:

Naturally, this was the correct answer all along. This was a trick question. Gold star for LATC.

Xinhuan Game profile

Sep 16th 2014, 3:55:56

Originally posted by VicRattlehead:
Really? That's it? I am already over. Hmm. Does that account for going mbr with say a week to go? Or should I multiply that expression by 2?

Replace "Land Goal" with "# of buildings you still need to build over remainder of reset".

Link Game profile

Sep 16th 2014, 4:02:49

LOL
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

SkyKing Game profile

Sep 16th 2014, 14:12:24

I had this exact same question running through my head. I think I may have gone to heavy with CS early in the set. Well see if I can leapfrog with it later. Just trying to shake off some of this rust.

Sep 16th 2014, 14:43:32

Ok, another question. What size is too big to convert to mbr? I am thinking I will end up somehing like 23-25k. Also, if I am short of land goal+conversion bpt, is it better to sacrifice production totally while I get bpt up to goal in a day or so?

I haven't done this stuff in a while, and some of the answers I used to know are wrong with the changin rules/environment.

Marshal Game profile

Sep 16th 2014, 14:59:35

no country is too big to convert on mbr, its just a matter if you can finance build up (it gets very costy after 20k acres) and there's enuf turns left in set to build up and do reselling.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Sep 16th 2014, 16:00:31

So I am going to have to math and stuff? I can't just cheat off the smart kids? :P

blid

EE Patron

Sep 16th 2014, 16:17:08

I'd stay under 25k acres if I was planning on rebuilding all those acres... and I might do some building cost bonuses as well.
Originally posted by Mr. Titanium:
Watch your mouth boy, I have never been accused of cheating on any server nor deleted before you just did right there.

Marshal Game profile

Sep 16th 2014, 17:10:28

Originally posted by VicRattlehead:
So I am going to have to math and stuff? I can't just cheat off the smart kids? :P

exactly.

also not forgetting that maxed mil tech is must.

oldman Game profile

Sep 17th 2014, 14:49:14

Do be aware of the inherent assumptions made when you use the formula Xin posted above. The optimal BPT is 100 if you want to build 40k acres (non theo) in the least number of turns. And what does that mean? It means you spend the first 380 turns of the set building CS to get to 100 BPT. Then building 40k acres will take you the least number of total turns (spent on CS + building the 40k acres).

But in reality, we don't do this. We grow in size and build some CS each day. As such, optimal BPT changes everyday.

Take for example you would like to get to 50k acres.
You started your day at 10k acres and 70 bpt. Your optimal BPT to build the remaining 40k acres in the smallest number of turns is 100 BPT (based on the formula Xin posted earlier). You then proceed to spend your turns and manage to get to 11k acres and 73 bpt. The optimal BPT has to be recalculated again and this time round your optimal BPT becomes 99 (rounded up). So what it means is that you may have calculated an optimal bpt of 100 initially, but that number will drop after a while. Key takeaway should be to re-evaluate your optimal BPT everyday and stop building CS once you hit that BPT target.

LATC Game profile

Sep 17th 2014, 14:52:41

I don't bother with calculating this since my land goal is always AS MUCH AS I CAN GET MY DICTATOR HANDS ON

Sep 17th 2014, 21:41:47

I don't bother with calculating this since my land goal is always AS MUCH AS I CAN GET MY DICTATOR HANDS ON

I have been known to play that way lol

crest23 Game profile

Sep 18th 2014, 0:21:19

Originally posted by oldman:
Do be aware of the inherent assumptions made when you use the formula Xin posted above. The optimal BPT is 100 if you want to build 40k acres (non theo) in the least number of turns. And what does that mean? It means you spend the first 380 turns of the set building CS to get to 100 BPT. Then building 40k acres will take you the least number of total turns (spent on CS + building the 40k acres).

But in reality, we don't do this. We grow in size and build some CS each day. As such, optimal BPT changes everyday.

Take for example you would like to get to 50k acres.
You started your day at 10k acres and 70 bpt. Your optimal BPT to build the remaining 40k acres in the smallest number of turns is 100 BPT (based on the formula Xin posted earlier). You then proceed to spend your turns and manage to get to 11k acres and 73 bpt. The optimal BPT has to be recalculated again and this time round your optimal BPT becomes 99 (rounded up). So what it means is that you may have calculated an optimal bpt of 100 initially, but that number will drop after a while. Key takeaway should be to re-evaluate your optimal BPT everyday and stop building CS once you hit that BPT target.

You didn't factor in earthquakes.
The Nigerian Nightmare.

eManny Game profile

Sep 18th 2014, 2:23:44

You also didn't factor in the destruction of indies and constructing main buildings that most people do before stocking if not playing an indy.

But anyway, one turn spent today is a lot less than 1 turn spent tomorrow. CS optimality around minimizing turns is assuming that all turns are of equal worth, which they are not. Cashing 5m/turn today versus cashing 35m/turn in 20 days proves the point. The optimal bpt forumla posted by Xin is what is an 'estimate' under his set of assumptions. (see opportunity cost, etc...)

But when optimizing BPT you have to ask yourself: what are my other options? For example, exploring vs. cashing vs. teching vs. building BPT.

Edit: You also didn't factor in getting hit and retaling. The total land you build on and the total land you finish with are typically different :p

Last set I only went to 100BPT on 60k acres, not to mention I probably built on close to 70k throughout the set. The reason being is that I mistakingly assumed I wouldn't get past 50k and that exploring for 1 turn would yield greater benefit.
This game is way too complicated to play perfectly :) It's all theory-crafting.

Edited By: eManny on Sep 18th 2014, 2:27:37
See Original Post

h2orich Game profile

Sep 18th 2014, 2:48:00

just use sqrt(land needed to be built/4)

edfjr Game profile

Sep 18th 2014, 3:33:42

Bah just grab for buildings and drop the empty acres. I think I could do that and still get top 20.

Serpentor Game profile

Sep 18th 2014, 9:43:50

100 drunk in Denver.
The EEVIL Empire

Marshal Game profile

Sep 18th 2014, 14:28:00

Originally posted by crest23:

today's forecast: heavy earthquakes on crest's and blid's countries. :P

LATC Game profile

Sep 18th 2014, 14:43:02

I h
Originally posted by Marshal:

Originally posted by Marshal:

An earthquake occurred destroying 24 buildings!

I hate you marshal.

Sep 18th 2014, 14:50:29

Lololol

Marshal Game profile

Sep 18th 2014, 19:14:25

lol@latc

you got crest's or blid's eq.