Verified:

Bentville Game profile

Dec 8th 2014, 19:09:18

Who is with me on this. Nothing ticks me off more about this game than to have 3 earthquakes in a row.

Marshal Game profile

Dec 8th 2014, 20:30:22

join the club.

I and others have bashed eqs past ~3 years and changes are very minimal.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Furious999 Game profile

Dec 8th 2014, 21:31:59

The game needs more random events not less.

(And I disbelieve in three earthquakes in a row.)

dexsydcol Game profile

Dec 8th 2014, 21:47:00

I had three in three days during this set...sucks big time

Furious999 Game profile

Dec 8th 2014, 22:10:18

Three in three days is hardly three in a row.

braden Game profile

Dec 9th 2014, 0:14:28

nothing ticks me off more than people trying to lie about how badly or often negative effects occur. play the game for sixteen years and you stop giving a fluff what text is red or what text is green or what any of it says.

if your strat lives and dies off the hundred turns at set end without 1200 farms then you weren't going to win, anyways, so quiet the fluff down already and don't blame the exact same code that everybody else has to deal with.

Bentville Game profile

Dec 9th 2014, 2:06:41

Originally posted by Furious999:

I have had 3 in a row, might have been a quirk and a one time occurrence but it did happen.
Today I ran 20 turns and had 1 earth quake, 1 strike and 1 other event that I do not remember.

Bentville Game profile

Dec 9th 2014, 2:08:58

Originally posted by braden:
nothing ticks me off more than people trying to lie about how badly or often negative effects occur. play the game for sixteen years and you stop giving a fluff what text is red or what text is green or what any of it says.

if your strat lives and dies off the hundred turns at set end without 1200 farms then you weren't going to win, anyways, so quiet the fluff down already and don't blame the exact same code that everybody else has to deal with.

I really don't know what you are trying to say here.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 9th 2014, 3:20:44

Originally posted by Furious999:

Wait for it, you'll get them 😨
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Furious999 Game profile

Dec 9th 2014, 9:31:21

I accept that it happened to you Bentville but if anyone else starts claiming three in a row my credulity will be challenged.

Disappointment is a necessary part of gaming. If things forever go smoothly boredom sets in. There must be at least the potential for disaster to help keep interest alive.

(edit) Oh, and a question. Do earthquakes no longer take csites? I don't seem to lose any when one comes along.

Edited By: Furious999 on Dec 9th 2014, 9:33:21
See Original Post

Marshal Game profile

Dec 9th 2014, 15:13:40

braden: i've played this game (and its predessor) soon 12 years total and still hate earthquakes.

worst case scenario 1: casher is cashing turns near end of set and gets eq (1k buildings) on 1st turn of 5 turns cashing so income drops and rebuilding takes ~10 turns so total losses would be quite a big and could be difference between 1st and 2nd.

wss 2: player gets 2 tax neg booms during 1st 2 turns so now that player needs to sell more bushels to finance building up so has less sell when gets oop and has less money early on to be spent.

I don't mind negative booms (except earthquakes since those are very negative on every point of set) as long as every1 gets those (for example in FFA some of my countries have suffered from eqs (some have suffered few times) and other neg booms and others haven't got neither neg or pos booms).

some players don't get either booms at all or minimally while others get those few times per week.

furious: yea that got changed early ee-era.

UpTheIrons Game profile

Dec 9th 2014, 15:51:07

I like the rumbling!

Keep the quakes!
Keep the quakes!
Keep the quakes!

It's balanced by the random booms

Marshal Game profile

Dec 9th 2014, 21:09:37

eq isn't balanced with anything, it causes turns to be used on rebuilding instead teching, exploring or cashing.

indy boom = good for commies rest useless

oil and food boom = good for hybrids and farmers rest useless

tax boom = nicish for others than cashers if positive income and good for cashers

techer doesn't benefit much from any positive booms unlike farmers and cashers benefit on 2 and even indy has 1 boom which benefits it.

DeLpHiNuS Game profile

Dec 21st 2014, 14:39:06

the quake hurts for big guys lol.. 1 quake 800+ building can be gone.. like getting hit by a CM lol

VicRattlehead Game profile

Dec 21st 2014, 15:02:21

I have had three quakes in 1 batch explore keep me from getting max acres from the batch.

Marshal Game profile

Dec 21st 2014, 17:34:27

in ffa where countries are really fat eq demolishing 2k+ buildings is somewhat common.

mltann Game profile

Dec 23rd 2014, 16:34:18

I'll sign the petition.

BUTTMAN Game profile

Dec 23rd 2014, 17:02:02

Quakes are cool, Make your country more accommodating to seismologists.

Edited By: BUTTMAN on Dec 23rd 2014, 17:11:09
See Original Post

Furious999 Game profile

Dec 26th 2014, 19:38:47

And, occasionally, knock down some of those buildings you don't want making way for ones you do.

Marshal Game profile

Dec 26th 2014, 20:30:46

why do you have buildings you don't want?

Furious999 Game profile

Dec 26th 2014, 21:44:45

Don't worry, Marshal, the answer to that would puzzle you more than it is worth.

Marshal Game profile

Dec 26th 2014, 21:56:34

if you got casher's buildings from lg then why don't you destroy those instead keeping them?

Furious999 Game profile

Dec 26th 2014, 22:40:33

Good idea.

flgatorboy89 Game profile

Dec 28th 2014, 2:54:46

Originally posted by braden:

THIS
Jon
ZT, SoL

<jon> off to bed fluffbeater :p
<mrford> i dont beat fluffs
<mrford> i eat them
<mrford> gosh
<jon> well, fluffeater
<Kat> oookay....

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 6th 2015, 1:59:04

I've noticed a link between earthquakes and building rates, at least that is my perception of the effect.

If I put my building rate at 65 or higher per turn, earthquake frequency seems to be increased. As long as I stay under 65, I don't seem to have that many, although it is irritating to have them happen repeatedly during my teching phase.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Billquad Game profile

Jan 12th 2015, 1:34:23

I'm fine with the random events

Hawkster Game profile

Jan 16th 2015, 14:27:16

I am fine with the random events. However I will say it is frustrating sometimes. Cause like someone already mentioned, in FFA I have had some countries that will continually have earthquakes happen while the rest will hardly have any. I know it is just luck or bad luck, but when one country runs through an extremely bad luck period it does get quite frustrating.

So if any changes were to be made I would suggest having check done, if a country has recently had like say an earthquake happen in x amount of turns then it has to go through another random chance like say maybe 50% chance. If it has had 2 earthquakes happen in those same x amount of turns then that chance drops certain percentage for each and every natural disaster that has happened. Obviously if it failed the 2nd'ary check the time before, then it will remain at 50% for the next time it happens (or you could even have it grow same amount of percentage that it drops for each disaster that occured)