Verified:

xcooldriver Game profile

Jan 10th 2015, 11:06:20

Message from Ronald Reagan For President (#86) sent on Jan 10, 4:25

Report this message
REtal policy is 1:1 land, you just went over that by a large margin.

I just receive this message and I was ask whether can he make another attack to grab land. he attack me 1st and grab 1600 area and I retal and grab 3000 now he say he want to regrab me due to the policy.
any suggestion for me?

rvdthunder Game profile

Jan 10th 2015, 11:20:41

War...

timmie Game profile

Jan 10th 2015, 11:22:31

Yes, tell him shouldn't have grabbed in the first place. War!!

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 10th 2015, 12:22:44

lol funny

try to get in contact with one of their fa's

Furious999 Game profile

Jan 10th 2015, 12:27:32

The message is nonsense xcool. No clan operates a policy which seeks to limit the acres recovered by a single retal. Tell your FA about the message and he or she will contact Paradigm to try to avoid problems building up between the two clans.

If, however, as I suspect, you are playing untagged I am afraid policies just don't come into it. Policies exist to help clans regulate their relationships. They have no relevance as to how the clan deals with an untagged player.

You must decide what you are going to do if the guy hits you again. If you decide to hit back again send him a reply saying that if he RoRs you will retaliate. Where that will end I don't know. Eventually, I imagine, PDM will back up their member and you will be hit by all of them. Or they may not like their member playing in such an undisciplined way and leave him to fight his own battles.

If you decide to sit for a RoR because you want to get on with your set, don't develop the land until he has carried out his RoR and then get on with your set as you have been doing.

Congrats, by the way, both on the splendid retal and on your country's performance so far in the set. I suspect the introduction of the bots has made a bit of difference to the server as far as untagged players go. Still very difficult to do as well as you are doing when playing untagged. :)

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 10th 2015, 12:33:57

HAN no retal 3:1

glory to HAN

kanga Game profile

Jan 10th 2015, 14:50:52

Tan will be aware of the situation when he logs in. I have messaged the country owner and no further action should happen until Tan intervenes.
This is unofficial of course as I am currently not playing EE.

Furious999 Game profile

Jan 10th 2015, 15:07:37

You, or someone in PDM leadership, might consider a short note to #86 on the subject of "REtal policy is 1:1 land, you just went over that by a large margin." kanga. S/he seems to be labouring under a misconception.

I hope that suggestion is not impertinent. It is not intended to be.

Colonel Chaos Game profile

Jan 10th 2015, 15:18:52

SoL retal policy has an 80% land:land for non relations, which includes untagged. To be honest, you are lucky they don't just farm you into oblivion. The fact they contacted you and opened communications is a showing of the respect I have personally for PDM. Alliance server is about tag protection. While I don't condone farming the untagged players, this server is about ALLIANCES. They provide training, protection and the name of the server.

That being said, I am impressed with your country performance given the fact you are untagged. I hope you find a tag that will benefit from your skill as well as protect you from being farmed. Good luck!
Colonel Chaos
SOL FR Commander

irc.scourge.se -> #solfr
--------------------
“Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy.”
― Isaac Newton

kemo Game profile

Jan 10th 2015, 15:28:44

here have a hoola hoop
all praised to ra

Hawkster Game profile

Jan 10th 2015, 17:04:11

Tell them to eat it. You cant do Retals on Retals. Tell them it is a learning experience and hopefully next time they will do an LG on a better target. (sad that the art of doing LG's is lost on so many players nowadays)

Besides it really does not matter what the hell the retal policies are for the attacker or the attacking clan. What matters are the retal policies posted for the one being attacked. The problem is since you are untagged, I doubt you had any posted retal policies. Even if you did they would still be irrelevant as you have no clan, and hence can not have any valid posted clan policies without a clan.

So since you have no valid retal policies, where does this leave you?
You need to contact their FA and try to work something out. Since PDM is a clan, you do have to expect that what ever is offered from them might be more favorable to them, as they have more numbers to actually back it up with. The one thing that is in your favour is you have acted (or should say re-acted) appropriately. They did one LG and should expect to have at least one retal done. Which you have done, and even though I just stated their retal policy does not matter, you do have the argument that you have followed their own clan retal policy. So they cant or really shouldnt be pushing for more than their own policies. Hopefully it will simply end there.

TAN Game profile

Jan 10th 2015, 19:37:16

According to the information I've seen, the retal was legitimate and no further action from Paradigm is required. Our guy isn't going to be happy, but stuff like this happens when you lg a lot. You win some, you lose some.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Furious999 Game profile

Jan 10th 2015, 21:36:38

Classy.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 10th 2015, 22:19:48

That's the gayness of this server, whoever came up with that L:L scam should be banned for life from all text based games.

/me runs
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Furious999 Game profile

Jan 10th 2015, 22:29:27

You're obsessed. L:L has nothing whatsoever to do with it.

xcooldriver Game profile

Jan 10th 2015, 23:30:43

ic, thx for all the explanation. I just want to know is it true they have this policy but now I understand due to I am untag it don't even matter.

timmie Game profile

Jan 10th 2015, 23:45:55

Yes, and it's nice to see tan / pdm takes this one on the chin.

Had this been another clan / leader you may have had another outcome.

Furious999 Game profile

Jan 11th 2015, 0:27:18

xcool, that is right.

Retal policies are not fixed rules of the game, still less are they anything to do with fairness. They are simply part of the way in which people within clans organise their co-operation.

TAN Game profile

Jan 11th 2015, 1:09:36

Paradigm has one retal policy for all non-tagged countries and unpacted alliances. If you're xcooldriver or SoF with no pact, the retal policy applies equally to both.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

elvesrus

Jan 11th 2015, 1:27:53

I still miss "Paradigm accepts any 1 attack for any 1 attack that shows up in the news and reserves the right to retal under the same principle. If a Paradigm country grabs you, you can retal with an equal number of attacks of your choosing such as, but not limited to: ABs, Cruise missiles, etc, as long as the number of hits match up. This can also be applied in conjunction with the escalating hit policy."

btw, someone (looks like dibs) had fun with the retal policy. might want to fix that
Originally posted by crest23:
Elves is a douche on every server.

Goofy Game profile

Jan 11th 2015, 1:28:49

+1 for PDM

*bonus*

TAN Game profile

Jan 11th 2015, 1:44:00

God that's infantile. I can't seem to find where to create an account for the wiki.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Furious999 Game profile

Jan 11th 2015, 1:51:38

I couldn't manage that either. :(

Try Azz Kikr - he helped me out.

Marshal Game profile

Jan 11th 2015, 2:05:49

you don't sign up into ee-wiki, you log IN with your forum login.

damn n00bs. :P
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Riddler Game profile

Jan 11th 2015, 2:17:22

just join Rage

TAN Game profile

Jan 11th 2015, 2:59:50

forum login not working for the wiki.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

Marshal Game profile

Jan 11th 2015, 3:56:50

weird, i can log in with my sec. accounts but not with main account. some bug apparently.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....