Verified:

Reckless Game profile

Jul 26th 2015, 5:42:01

You can cash and tech turns...

Why not be able to Farm, manufacture military, etc...

If this is a bad idea, I'm drunk

Marshal Game profile

Jul 26th 2015, 10:09:31

you are drunk anyways.

in old game players were able to spend turns on farming but mehul removed it later for some reason.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Reckless Game profile

Jul 26th 2015, 15:58:03

Interesting. Seems like it could be cool. Even for oiler too.

Marshal Game profile

Jul 26th 2015, 19:03:43

then every strat would want it.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

DruncK Game profile

Jul 26th 2015, 19:28:06

Or instead of a "cashing" button why not have it be strat specific? Farmer would get 20% more food, casher still cash, Indy 20% more production, oiler 20% more oil, MBR would get more units created etc. Techer would get 20% higher tech levels etc. No need for extra menu links just have go by how your land is distributed.

Reckless Game profile

Jul 26th 2015, 19:34:57

Originally posted by DruncK:
Or instead of a "cashing" button why not have it be strat specific? Farmer would get 20% more food, casher still cash, Indy 20% more production, oiler 20% more oil, MBR would get more units created etc. Techer would get 20% higher tech levels etc. No need for extra menu links just have go by how your land is distributed.

My point exactly and said better

Reckless Game profile

Jul 26th 2015, 19:35:26

Originally posted by Marshal:
then every strat would want it.

That's a parental answer Marsh

id1028s

Jul 27th 2015, 14:37:10

Originally posted by Reckless:
Originally posted by DruncK:

My point exactly and said better
ya.. basically replace cashing with that and you can select from a menu of one or the other. Increase oil, or cash, or farm, or industry by 20%, instead of just cash of 20% by default.

Reckless Game profile

Jul 27th 2015, 17:59:22

Yessss

DancingBear Game profile

Jul 28th 2015, 17:00:46

id1028s' suggestion is attractive - a "focus economy" choice to replace the current "focus economy on cash" choice

i'd be concerned that a straight 20% in each focus area might not be good for game balance, but there should be a way to balance the different enhancenents for the idea to work

thumbs up
:)

braden Game profile

Jul 28th 2015, 17:50:50

for tech it wouldnt work, you couldnt use the turns on the existing 'cash' for +20% while simultaneously using them in the research page

techer would benefit through more and then cheaper goods, military or bushels, and through players having more money to spend on tech, presumably at an increased price..
but then the cash button is primarily used during stocking, once youre maxed on techs, so that might not be true..

mFrost Game profile

Aug 2nd 2015, 6:16:59

A good alternate would be to allow players to balance what they want enhanced, much in the same way the Manage pages lets the player balance their military production. --- So a farmer may want an extra 20% cash vs. bushels, or split it up .... personally I would love to see it include a boost in explore and enhanced tech effect.

it would change how various strats are played, various enhancements make more sense during certain phases of the game.

perhaps have this feature earned thru bonus points?

drkprinc Game profile

Aug 11th 2015, 4:40:56

well as a farmer or indy you always make your maximum regardless of how turns are played, a casher only makes their maximum when cashing, techer relies on market prices. If you do this people will just complain more, like when private market price of bushel was reduced.

this might work on express though and would be a nice way to try out its viability.
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

h2orich Game profile

Aug 11th 2015, 6:33:46

The game is balanced as how it is now.
If Commies and Farmers get +20% of their production, they will be finishing much stronger.

kelvinchw

Aug 11th 2015, 14:24:47

If that's the case, military and food cost will fall given the increased supply. More players will switch to indies and farmers from cashers. Ultimately game will reach new equilibrium - may not turn out to be as good as you may expect.