Verified:

me

Oct 24th 2010, 22:04:58

Looking at LaF's "FS", you have to wonder if LaF found out SOL was about to hit them and tried to get off a strike first. LaF had only 26 countries involved in their FS, or barely half of their of their 51 members. That does not seem like an alliance that has been planning a hit to fight a war on their terms. That sounds like someone who found out they were about to be ambushed again and hit back first.

SOL response looks like that of an alliance that had an FS planned to start a couple of hours later, and was on hand to return fire almost immediately. 3 of their 4 dead have already restarted, and their counter strike continues.

Only 1 of the 5 dead LaF'ers have restarted and tagged up. While they obviously had turns stored, if this was planned in advance, it is a poor showing for PDM, let alone LaF. If nothing else, LaF's poor performance leads to speculation that if they had waited a couple of hours, they would've been the hittees instead of the hitters.

Unfortunately for SOL, LaF's performance (hastily put together strike or just incompetence) means that this war will do nothing to enhance, or rehabilitate SOL's reputation as a fighting alliance. If SOL loses, well then it's a repudiation of their self image.

Junky Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 22:09:51

or... only afew members actually knew about the planned attack and got on. bad showing on LaF's ability to plan a war.... they can't even get thier members to be in thier war chat reguardless of readiness.. they should atleast have thier members cordinate better...
I Maybe Crazy... But atleast I'm crazy.

Makinso Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 22:18:56

Me.

It's plain and simple we have an automated SMS system it basically sends all SOLers a text msg when we get FSed. Seeing how SOLers 1 love to war and are loyal to their tag.

They all got on and helped us pick off some good kills. Trying to spin this pre-emptivly into SOL still sucks if they beat LaF is plain silly LoL. We were not ready (turn wise) to strike out within 48 hours of LaFs FS.

We actually just started saving turns to hit tuesday and lol the target was not LaF :)

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 24th 2010, 22:19:08

has nothing to do with coordination and everything to do with availability.

We have a lot of people that couldn't attend because the FS was during the 3 - 6am time slot for them, and Monday is a work day?

Besides, last I checked an "FS" isn't counted as the first chat, but the first 24 hours?

Although I perfer "me"'s analysis, as it sounds better for us heh, but it simply isn't the case.

Makinso Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 22:20:03

And yeah an FS lasts for 24 hours. Still tons that can happen.

Forum Moderator

Oct 24th 2010, 22:20:59

bah, you were saving turns Mak, you weren't in full saving turns mode, but you were at least in save 60 mode.

Makinso Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 22:21:39

Save 60 is a days worth :-P

compared to LaFs mostly maxed out countries that's nothing ? :)

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 24th 2010, 22:23:26

Most of SoL had 100+ turns saved.
Several had none.
The vast majority had 60+, with the majority of that group having well over 100.

SoL already has a member advantage, and was preparing for a war set, and was saving lots of turns too. That's about as war prepped as you can be, short of getting the FS time of your choosing.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 24th 2010, 22:24:18

Originally posted by Makinso:
Save 60 is a days worth :-P

compared to LaFs mostly maxed out countries that's nothing ? :)

More untruths! :p
LaF's war preparedness level was not as comprehensive, as we were hoping for a diplomatic solution up to this weekend. The choice to stand up and fight, rather than wait to be hit was made when it became clear a SoL FS would be on Sunday or early in the week at the latest, and tensions were only continuing to rise.

This is going to be an uphill battle for LaF, but it's one that should at least be more enjoyable for everyone than last set!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

Junky Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 22:46:42

Uphill, and filled with fluff.. you'll need your shovels to dig yourselves outa this one Pang. good luck, and don't attack my country till I get back tomarrow. I wanna stonewall abit.

mrford Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 22:52:16

SoL was guanna hit NA!

I hate you maki
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Erian Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 22:53:34

Junky: Please leave your country # in this thread and we'll be sure not to hit you.

Sir Balin Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 22:58:33

Originally posted by me:
While they obviously had turns stored, if this was planned in advance, it is a poor showing for PDM, let alone LaF..

typo?

Makinso Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 23:02:56

not even that fordy :-P

people are so wrong lol

Junky Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 23:03:10

Originally posted by Sir Balin:
Originally posted by me:
While they obviously had turns stored, if this was planned in advance, it is a poor showing for PDM, let alone LaF..

typo?

me and his inability to delv far enough into wars to know names... unless PDM is supposed to FS SOL with LaF..

cypress Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 23:23:54

SOL was gonna hit SoF! You heard it here :P

Junky Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 23:28:04

Cypress and his misinformation.. obviously we were planning to FS Earth Empires... your thinking to small.

cypress Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 23:32:10

her

tq :P

Junky Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 23:33:40

pics or it didn't happen :-P

cypress Game profile

Oct 24th 2010, 23:41:21

Nevah

locket Game profile

Oct 25th 2010, 0:20:30

Who else is there to hit other than NA/laf. You are friends with imag sol etc, so what... PDM? Fist? Rage? Were you going to hit the 3 of them for no reason?

TeckMing Game profile

Oct 25th 2010, 0:35:38

saving turns is never something unfamiliar for SOL. We have started this tradition after we got caught totally unprepared and lost badly in a set when mehul was still the owner of earth2025

spin pang spin

I got on when I received SMS about the FS as well. And it was 3am my time, totally unexpected.

me, look at the walling rate at the start of the war last reset and you can see our walling rate is quite high. We were not planning to FS today, like maki said, nor tomorrow

TAN Game profile

Oct 25th 2010, 0:38:50

Originally posted by Junky:
Originally posted by Sir Balin:
Originally posted by me:

typo?

me and his inability to delv far enough into wars to know names... unless PDM is supposed to FS SOL with LaF..

LOL wat?

have you seen our countries? we're at 0 turn-saving. go ahead and spy op a few if you don't believe me.
FREEEEEDOM!!!

cypress Game profile

Oct 25th 2010, 0:45:20

/me steals tech from TANs country

anubis0079 Game profile

Oct 25th 2010, 5:40:47

Wow is all i can say. It is either jealousy or paranoia. Saying we were gonna hit first so we get get hit first. That sounds like fluff to me. I personally was not even ready for war and especially not with LaF.

I guess all that talk about it being over was just that, talk.

SoL did not start it this time. So take responsibility for your own actions. It is laughable the reason LaF FSed us.

SoLer for Life
"All Hail The Maki!"
Have a heart.....they are really fresh.

locket Game profile

Oct 25th 2010, 6:35:07

I can assure you that our leaders felt they were making the choices they could to avoid war. Or even to see if we were a likely target. We had 2-3 days prep time so if you have a lick of common sense you will see that we did not want or desire to fight. Lots of us had good countries going.

Akula x-x

EE Patron

Oct 25th 2010, 8:14:18

*chuckle*
"I am like a bullet, filled with lead and made to kill" ~Rambo III

dagga Game profile

Oct 25th 2010, 8:32:42

Well, your leaders made a boneheaded call.
signatures are stupid.
Months since LaF netgained: 22

Twink Game profile

Oct 25th 2010, 9:47:19

For SOL saving 60 turns is nothing (ive been here for nearly 6 years and we save turns every set!)

Akula x-x

EE Patron

Oct 25th 2010, 10:05:13

yup
"I am like a bullet, filled with lead and made to kill" ~Rambo III

anubis0079 Game profile

Oct 25th 2010, 11:52:29

without fail

SoLer for Life
"All Hail The Maki!"
Have a heart.....they are really fresh.

jedioda Game profile

Oct 25th 2010, 12:12:48

LAF is full of experienced players, meaning these players have a life ouside earth (job, familly). So not all players players can participate to War chats of wake up in the middle of the night because they received an automated SMS.

Junky Game profile

Oct 25th 2010, 12:36:04

Niether SOL.. we do our own things, when we do them.. some just love war enough to lose some sleep.. whats your point. Hell, every alliance player has a life outside this game they put first.. deciding to war is just the chance you take. if your players are not prepared for said war because of outside life... maybe you shouldn't war. and don't use the.. "we had no choice." routine...

erm and my country # is 428.. please don't spam kill my country :-D

mu24 Game profile

Oct 25th 2010, 13:06:49

Confirm we were not planning to FS NA or LAF, we love MrFord too much to even contemplate to do such a thing.

Truth is we were planning to FS TAN's country all 65 country of ours against him alone. I love you TAN.

jedioda Game profile

Oct 25th 2010, 13:44:35

I have no point and its not against SOL people as individuals (I am from LAF).
I just explain why LAF had only 26 countries at the first FS and why SOL had more: it's because LAF members, in average, are more experienced than SOL members.

TAN Game profile

Oct 25th 2010, 13:56:12

LaF should thank PDM for their turn-saving. Without our land-bang, LaF would probably still be a week away from full turn-saving!
FREEEEEDOM!!!

TeckMing Game profile

Oct 25th 2010, 13:59:28

how does availability to get online have any relation with experience? People can have access to internet in various ways nowadays. Laf is the alliance that set the fs time,what is the point to blame sol over laf's lack of activity? Everyone knows sol loves to war, it is not surprising that many answered to the call when we got FSed. Isn't it better to do the talking on the battlefield instead of bashing each other here?

mu24 Game profile

Oct 25th 2010, 14:58:11

Originally posted by jedioda:
LAF is full of experienced players, meaning these players have a life ouside earth (job, familly). So not all players players can participate to War chats of wake up in the middle of the night because they received an automated SMS.

SOL has a lot of experience players as well (job & family) but it all boils down to dedication and the level of commitment one can commit to this game.

Bronco Game profile

Oct 25th 2010, 15:24:37

TeckMing, I think they have a much better chance of victory over here as opposed to the battlefield... I don't blame 'em.
--
Bronco
Sons Of Liberty

Klown Game profile

Oct 25th 2010, 19:06:28

WOW! This war has been going on for less than 24 hours AND LaF had the FS... and LaF is ALREADY on here whining and making excuses??? UNREAL!

mrford Game profile

Oct 25th 2010, 19:07:39

Klown is a tard

/thread
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

locket Game profile

Oct 25th 2010, 19:36:12

It wasnt an excuse retards. It was a simple fact. If sol is able to get that many countries on in that amount of time they are clearly more dedicated to being here then laf is. Laf does their thing on their own time in regards to netting and that would be something sol wouldnt show up for.

It is not an excuse to point out that sol seems to hug their keyboards 24/7. The war isn't over either way. Laf still does have some advantages.

And whoever posted about 60 turns, that was the minimum i saw. Everyone i checked had about 100-150 mainly.

Forum Moderator

Oct 25th 2010, 19:46:46

I'm not making any excuses.

Overall we have done decent (although I'd like to see higher walling rates from us).

Makinso Game profile

Oct 25th 2010, 19:49:00

Locket.

There was a small group (about 10 - 15) who had that high amounts the rest was all on 60 - 80

locket Game profile

Oct 25th 2010, 19:57:51

well then I had the good fortune to look at all fo the high ones. And out of curiosity are you saying that you have 10-15 who save more than others or that they just had more?

Junky Game profile

Oct 25th 2010, 19:58:06

Originally posted by locket:
It wasnt an excuse retards. It was a simple fact. If sol is able to get that many countries on in that amount of time they are clearly more dedicated to being here then laf is. Laf does their thing on their own time in regards to netting and that would be something sol wouldnt show up for.

It is not an excuse to point out that sol seems to hug their keyboards 24/7. The war isn't over either way. Laf still does have some advantages.

And whoever posted about 60 turns, that was the minimum i saw. Everyone i checked had about 100-150 mainly.

I'd like to point out.. we love warring.. its like Beer drinking.. fun.. takes mind off work and such.. and is safer.. I wonder if Surrender is an option at this point in time... sure laf didn't expect to have SOL respond so fast.. but shat happens.. no need to make excuses.. just have fun trash talking.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 25th 2010, 19:58:16

can we keep the retard talk to a minimum, all?
thx :)

As for FS'ing -> SoL was equally as prepped as LaF was (both turns and country preparedness)

It was a LaF FS in name only -- I expect this to be an evenly matched war, in terms of the FS's role in the war.

Last set, you can easily say the FS was the reason the war was lost for LaF -- LaF was unprepared and SoL was extremely well prepared.

This set, SoL and LaF have an equal level of preparedness... that's not meant to be anything other than the posting of a fact taken from opping SoL's countries. Good on SoL for being prepared, but this isn't really a situation that is comparable to last set at all :)

I wish we had even membership this set, though, then it would be a true test of netter vs fighter warring :p
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

BobbyATA Game profile

Oct 25th 2010, 20:07:56

I had almost 200 turns at time of FS b/c I was at a wedding all weekend. I'm sure there are others who weren't able to play this past weekend for w/ever random reason and thus had lots of turns at FS time. Makes a Sunday FS time questionable imo...

Also, off topic, but this theme makes me wonder if market dynamics are a bit different depending on the day of the week...

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 25th 2010, 20:08:05

and btw, my post isn't meant to spin -- just state that it's a good example of a war where the FS's were pretty much negated, and just turned into an instant-full on war.

Good on LaF for not getting FS'ed while netting, Good on SoL for being prepared for "another war" (depending on what you believe :p)

This is probably the first war where there has actually been an "even" FS in EE (unfriendly)
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff

mdevol Game profile

Oct 25th 2010, 20:20:33

locket. we had our turns stored requirment and some people follow it and some dont.

like me, had you not failed so many spy ops, you would have seen i only had 68 turns saved when i got the call to war. and really you would have only seen 25 because thats what i logged out with.

this thread reads as the following...

LaF heard rumors of SoL getting ready to war, so they took some spy ops and found stored turns. so they threw their own members under the bus and jumped into an unprepared half-assed FS against a "fully prepped ready to war" warring clan. (lets hope this isnt how LaF preps for war because it was not pretty on our front, still 2 or 3 days out from war prepped)

then after they noticed it was as ugly as it had appeard and they got in over thier heads with lack of participation start the spin "SoL didnt give us a choice" and let the pre-emptive whining and "sol was already online waiting to hit us" conspiricies begin because you brought a super soaker to the front line of a FS.

the funny thing is according to your defense you KNEW we had full turns stored and are stil shocked at the response time on a sunday? Mass SMS ftw. I was at work when I got it.

Also I anticipate my country(ies) having highest kill tally in this war. Loads of cash riding on it. Good luck to LaF
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis