Verified:

mrford Game profile

Jul 27th 2018, 1:19:53

just to try to get back into the game. Was suicided on all 3 countries. Multiple times. lol. This game is toxic.

Back in the day the assholes were diluted. Now with what, 300 players left? it is a fluff show. Good luck on that player retention.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 27th 2018, 4:58:06

Saw imp hit you on ffa. Was dumb.

Didn't see you on team but if you joined reborn when MortCus was recruiting untaggeds that ended poorly for you when your members started suiciding and you looked like an active war tag. If not that then I'm curious of your second server.

Who are you on 1a?

mrford Game profile

Jul 27th 2018, 13:05:15

I was in monks last set on team. We had a set long suicider.

On alliance I'm in LCN. Not exactly suicided but I have been grabbed a dozen or so times lol.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Trife Game profile

Jul 27th 2018, 14:08:55

mrfords' country on alliance is #419, suicide the fluff outta him!

and i agree wholeheartedly with your first post, fordy. can't believe i played this game for so long. crazy that playing this game was once considered fun

Crippler ICD Game profile

Jul 27th 2018, 17:00:59

everyone should know by now fords love for CamaroLand
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

Kat Game profile

Jul 30th 2018, 14:52:00

<3 Cammy..

mrford Game profile

Jul 30th 2018, 23:49:00

There is the farming again. Lol.

Doubt I'll be back again.

Sup Kat!
Swagger of a Chupacabra

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jul 31st 2018, 3:34:08

ya that's lame.

we need to figure out a better way to stop that sort of fluff from happening. I'm open to ideas!
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 31st 2018, 3:42:17

Make GDI like primary would help, I think you can only hit countries that are 4x your size tops, I noticed on team you can get fluffed by one 10x your size..
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Crippler ICD Game profile

Jul 31st 2018, 8:28:08

Does anyone even research the hits before making post anymore ? The 'farming' per the news on ford was 3 hits by a country larger than his.
Crippler
FoCuS
<--MSN
CripplerTD

[14:26] <enshula> i cant believe im going to say this
[14:26] <enshula> crippler is giving us correct netting advice

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 31st 2018, 8:36:09

Yeah, he got farmed a tad bit, just a lil bit...
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

trumper Game profile

Jul 31st 2018, 10:36:02

Just hit back

Kat Game profile

Jul 31st 2018, 12:41:53

Originally posted by Pang:
ya that's lame.

we need to figure out a better way to stop that sort of fluff from happening. I'm open to ideas!

I feel your pain Camcam, but I don't think this game was ever designed for people to run peaceful sets. It's supposed to be somewhat difficult. These nw finishes are insane and it's wicked cool to sit there with a 400mil+ finish, but I think we're getting off track. Remember, e2025 had a tank in its logo, not hippies!

And don't get me wrong, I have gotten pretty pissy when I've gotten farmed or suicided, but I don't think we should change the game because of it. Netting with no def is risky, that's part of the fun!

I think protecting the players falls on the clan, otherwise, what is the clan for? Set better policies and require nubs to have MMRs or understand they'll be farmed if they don't. Have harsh consequences for untaggeds if they ignore the tag or recruit them!

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Jul 31st 2018, 13:54:59

ya that's lame.

hmmm
Thought. Though probably will be considered dumb and shot down.
If a country turns out to be suicider, I think a mod/game mod could make it where they don't get all their goodies back on restart....which to me seems to make it easier on them for the next round of suiciding after they get killed.
This sounds too difficult.
Nevermind.

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Jul 31st 2018, 14:00:14

Originally posted by Crippler ICD:
Does anyone even research the hits before making post anymore ? The 'farming' per the news on ford was 3 hits by a country larger than his.

Further, he wasn't "suicided" on in FFA. This term is used entirely too loosely.

mrford Game profile

Jul 31st 2018, 15:15:27

Originally posted by Crippler ICD:

My alliance country has been grabbed 10 times. The last 5 or so by a suicider who had atleast 7mill jets. I had 4 mill worth of defense.

And I "understand" why my FFA string was killed, doesn't mean I dont feel like it was a waste of my time. I had no interest in that war which is why I solo tagged after Donny went full retard and was prepping to farm bots after trying to not overflow on turns for 2 weeks lol

Edited By: mrford on Jul 31st 2018, 15:21:10
Swagger of a Chupacabra

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 31st 2018, 16:35:43

Originally posted by Kat:
ya that's lame.

I feel your pain Camcam, but I don't think this game was ever designed for people to run peaceful sets. It's supposed to be somewhat difficult. These nw finishes are insane and it's wicked cool to sit there with a 400mil+ finish, but I think we're getting off track. Remember, e2025 had a tank in its logo, not hippies!

And don't get me wrong, I have gotten pretty pissy when I've gotten farmed or suicided, but I don't think we should change the game because of it. Netting with no def is risky, that's part of the fun!

I think protecting the players falls on the clan, otherwise, what is the clan for? Set better policies and require nubs to have MMRs or understand they'll be farmed if they don't. Have harsh consequences for untaggeds if they ignore the tag or recruit them!

If we were ever to make this a popular game again I'd imagine the untaggeds would be full of noobs making hits, topfeeds and maybe not even know they're a suicider. People have become accustomed to netting without defense and not getting touched at all because we've all just been playing together so long. It becomes like an old buddy taking a $20 bill from ya rather than just part of the game. Most reunion sets have guys that play the old way and I think it shows whenever one happens.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jul 31st 2018, 20:30:15

Originally posted by galleri:
ya that's lame.

hmmm
If a country turns out to be suicider, I think a mod/game mod could make it where they don't get all their goodies back on restart....which to me seems to make it easier on them for the next round of suiciding after they get killed.
Nevermind.

This is close to one of my ideas. In the obvious suicider cases where someone plays with only that in mind(could also be issued on an entire tag); the country/ies owners get a short term removal of their restart rates. At second offence within a year they are removed for a year.

This will only help against suiciders in servers with tags and where killing suiciders is actually feasible.

DruncK Game profile

Jul 31st 2018, 21:09:15

Who decided restart rates were a good idea in the first place? Imo that is the WORST addition here.

Suiciders/griefers literally cannot kill any country by themselves unless their opponent has 0 SDI/spal.

You kill the suicider and enforce MMR, problem solved.

SO many EE issues could be solved getting rid of restart bonuses(especially wars that drag on for fluffing ever)

Shweezy Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 31st 2018, 23:00:01

Originally posted by DruncK:
Who decided restart rates were a good idea in the first place? Imo that is the WORST addition here.

Suiciders/griefers literally cannot kill any country by themselves unless their opponent has 0 SDI/spal.

SO many EE issues could be solved getting rid of restart bonuses(especially wars that drag on for fluffing ever)

Shut up u idiot I need my goodies on my post LaF suicide runs
Catch me on ir c

Kat Game profile

Jul 31st 2018, 23:33:44

This. So much this.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Jul 31st 2018, 23:38:20

I think the initial rational for the restart rules, as they are right now, was to protect tags from blindside FS's which basically render the Tag defenseless right after the FS. I think the restart rules could stay in place but maybe be reduced and have a positive effect while still giving tags a little blindside protection.

I do miss the days of killing a country back to a full restart, now they have to day what 3-4 times?

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 1st 2018, 0:06:16

I like the 16 turn protection. We can drop it further even. And let the country restart with something like 1/5th of what they restart with now except for on market things, which could be unchanged. That way while they can't really keep suiciding they can still participate in the war immediatly, and if it had a big stock it can still use that for the counter strike.

I do agree with what Drunck says it's just theres one more dimension to it that he is neglecting; If you are prevented from playing the game and making a difference by humanitarians then maybe you will quit playing.

Edited By: Gerdler on Aug 1st 2018, 0:08:33

sinistril Game profile

Aug 1st 2018, 0:44:37

Originally posted by galleri:
ya that's lame.

hmmm
Nevermind.

Why would suiciders be punished by mods when suiciding is not against the rules?

Just remove restart bonuses all together, especally on FFA.
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 1st 2018, 0:45:14

And who decides what "suiciding" really is and if each reported case actually meets that criteria? Further, who is going to enforce it and how?

Highly unrealistic. Let's perhaps focus on more manageable and meaningful items. Or are we just complaining moreso than making suggestions (rhetorical question)?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 1st 2018, 0:47:06

Agreed, having your restart with bonus is like feeding the millennials over bloated egotistical self-serving entitled lazy asses. Estoooooopeh!
(•_•)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 1st 2018, 0:56:27

It's only rhetorical as long as pang doesn't break out the putty console and start working :p

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 1st 2018, 0:57:43

Originally posted by Primeval:
And who decides what "suiciding" really is and if each reported case actually meets that criteria? Further, who is going to enforce it and how?

Highly unrealistic. Let's perhaps focus on more manageable and meaningful items. Or are we just complaining moreso than making suggestions (rhetorical question)?

Cutting restart bonus is a simple and doable change that has a lot of traction here and on Bugs and suggestions in multiple threads.

Anything that needs active enforcement, while it could solve an issue, may be less feasible.

archaic Game profile

Aug 1st 2018, 1:10:04

We have too many turns. I was actually talking about this in regards to Team the other night. On Team with 5 v 5 you can save up to 166 turns without bonus, though I have saved 180+ for FS before. With 5 countries doing a FS with 800+ turns, the wars are over in minutes.

Its not quite as bad on alliance, but still 3 turns per hour, 128 saved turns makes it very easy to do a lot of damage in a very short time and have lots of turns the next day. With fewer turns, the amount of turns spent on duechbaggery would decrease because the value of those turns would then be much more precious. If you want to grab somebody that is going to retal you, you better be damned sure you can afford the turns.

It would slow down wars, reduce the overwhelming effect of blindside FS and restore balance to the force. Since the numbers dropped, consistently the problem has been that a small tag like iMag can utterly ruin the netting set of a larger tag without deterrence. If they only had 54 turns per day, their disproportionate power would be leveled out. The turn surplus has diminished the experience for netters and fighters.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 1st 2018, 1:10:51

Originally posted by Gerdler:

Cutting restart bonus is a simple and doable change that has a lot of traction here and on Bugs and suggestions in multiple threads.

Anything that needs active enforcement, while it could solve an issue, may be less feasible.

My post had almost nothing to do with the restart bonus throttling suggestion specifically but more to do with trying to attempt to put players in some sort of in-game pillory

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 1st 2018, 2:42:22

To be fair tho almost all online games have such pillory.

X-box games are about the most lenient in this regard and if players did what probably a couple dozen players in EE on all servers do on a regular basis then they would be banned from all X-box games (yes, not just the one they overstepped in). I get that we don't want to ban people on such a scale and that should not be necessary at all, but it just goes to show these other more successful games take toxic gameplay more seriously than EE. I'm sure since its a multi-billion dollar industy they know what they are doing and have analyzed the cost-benefit from fiftyseventeen different angles.

I'm sure everyone prefers a solution that works without mods.

Your arguement for suiciders seem to always revolve around people having too little defence but thats of no practical relevance since I for example can 10-tap any country in the game at minimum readiness losses tomorrow if I wanted to and those top defended countries can't even afford to take turns. Only on the last day there usually pops up a few countries that are adequatly defended. So how do you defend against a stocking suicider, assuming ofc that it's one with some skill? I don't know how, and some people say I'm knowledgeable about this game.

Primeval Game profile

Game Moderator
Mod Boss

Aug 1st 2018, 2:55:43

My argument is who gets to decide what sort of behavior is defined as toxic and who gets to decide who deserved to get figuratively punched in the throat?

I'm sure plenty of other games have the policies that you soapbox for and are financially successful with them (having the support of SONY and the Microsoft Corporation doesn't hurt, I bet). But I also like to remind people that we aren't farming crops on Facebook or gathering butterflies and pixies on some sort of quest at a LAN party, either.

sinistril Game profile

Aug 1st 2018, 3:05:37

EE community is actually pretty decent, to be honest. People saying it isn't having played any other games lately Lol there's like 5 suiciders in this game per set, and they are usually not very effective. You might have to fight a war once every 3 sets if you're in a 'netting' clan that has a history of violence, once every 5 sets if you're in a netting clan that is mostly peaceful. Your chances of being suicided are like 2%. I used to play games where we went around killing every single player that was online for the lols, and you lost way more hours of work, but there was maybe 1/10th of the fluffing there is in EE.
If you give a man some fire, he'll be warm for awhile. If you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Kat Game profile

Aug 1st 2018, 3:08:02

Originally posted by sinistril:
EE community is actually pretty decent, to be honest. People saying it isn't having played any other games lately Lol there's like 5 suiciders in this game per set, and they are usually not very effective. You might have to fight a war once every 3 sets if you're in a 'netting' clan that has a history of violence, once every 5 sets if you're in a netting clan that is mostly peaceful. Your chances of being suicided are like 2%. I used to play games where we went around killing every single player that was online for the lols, and you lost way more hours of work, but there was maybe 1/10th of the fluffing there is in EE.

We've all gotten too close to each other imo. It's easier to fluff to people you're comfortable around. :P

IgnitionCWG Game profile

Aug 1st 2018, 3:22:00

I'd rather see countries that LG a country more than once now lose the ability to drop land based on a multiplier of the amount of hits in 24hrs on the same country

1 hits in 24hrs - Cant Drop the Land Gained for 48hrs from the hit
2 hits in 24hrs - Cant Drop 2x the Land Gained for 48hrs from the hit
3 hits in 24hrs - Cant Drop 3x the Land Gained for 48hrs from the hit

Either that or dropping land now incurs a heavy cost (this also would make the oil destock - drop land - profit strategy potentially changed up)

For the suiciders that are doing spyops, missiles, or kill runs:
* Change up War Dec Mechanics to require war decs for countries that are 50% larger/smaller than yours.
* Allow for a country to be at war with up to 3 countries, but require at minimum 72hrs until declared peace.
* If a country declares war on you, then it costs them the "war tax" and not the "victim", though the victim can fight back now without being required to declare war.
* Once a country is dead; you dont have to declare peace, it should "auto" clear.
* Declaring war on a country in GDI doubles the cost/turn
*Splat*

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 1st 2018, 3:46:38

Pang did ask for suggestions.

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 1st 2018, 4:59:53

Yeah. The restart bonus legitimately only makes sense for tags that get beat to hell in a war to keep participating in the game. Its effect is unfortunately that it makes endless boring wars. I get that the aim is player retention and that's swell but the c.f. was a mode of retention that is now non-existent.

In the way that it makes an endless retarded boring war that only makinso enjoys it makes an endless retarded griefer out of something that used to be simple to handle in a suicider. They basically had one shot and when stock stealing became obsolete with the changes to grabbing, the awesome suicider build became an obsolete strat.

The only thing still allowing them to be a set long nuisence is the restart bonus. And I think wardogs want to see it gone more than netters because the guys that choose to war don't really care what happens after it's won or lost. It's some petty netter nonsense that never makes a difference anyways.

Karnage XZ

Aug 1st 2018, 5:52:46

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
Yeah. The restart bonus legitimately only makes sense for tags that get beat to hell in a war to keep participating in the game. Its effect is unfortunately that it makes endless boring wars. I get that the aim is player retention and that's swell but the c.f. was a mode of retention that is now non-existent.

In the way that it makes an endless retarded boring war that only makinso enjoys it makes an endless retarded griefer out of something that used to be simple to handle in a suicider. They basically had one shot and when stock stealing became obsolete with the changes to grabbing, the awesome suicider build became an obsolete strat.

The only thing still allowing them to be a set long nuisence is the restart bonus. And I think wardogs want to see it gone more than netters because the guys that choose to war don't really care what happens after it's won or lost. It's some petty netter nonsense that never makes a difference anyways.
Still waiting for your official surrender!
Do as I say, not as I do.

Karnage XZ

Aug 1st 2018, 5:55:41

Originally posted by IgnitionCWG:
I'd rather see countries that LG a country more than once now lose the ability to drop land based on a multiplier of the amount of hits in 24hrs on the same country

1 hits in 24hrs - Cant Drop the Land Gained for 48hrs from the hit
2 hits in 24hrs - Cant Drop 2x the Land Gained for 48hrs from the hit
3 hits in 24hrs - Cant Drop 3x the Land Gained for 48hrs from the hit

Either that or dropping land now incurs a heavy cost (this also would make the oil destock - drop land - profit strategy potentially changed up)

For the suiciders that are doing spyops, missiles, or kill runs:
* Change up War Dec Mechanics to require war decs for countries that are 50% larger/smaller than yours.
* Allow for a country to be at war with up to 3 countries, but require at minimum 72hrs until declared peace.
* If a country declares war on you, then it costs them the "war tax" and not the "victim", though the victim can fight back now without being required to declare war.
* Once a country is dead; you dont have to declare peace, it should "auto" clear.
* Declaring war on a country in GDI doubles the cost/turn
I think the game needs to be reset to the original 1a of earth2025

Karnage XZ

Aug 1st 2018, 5:56:33

all you people and your changes are actually ruining the game

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 1st 2018, 10:43:16

we are talking about the first change in ~4 years so how could our changes be ruining the game?

Also please note that we got Elders, LaF, LCN and SOL(LI and some other SoLers made a big fuss about this on B&S like 2 months ago) agreeing that it would be good for the game if restart bonuses are cut or removed.

I think the market goods make sense to keep at a much higher level because then you allow for some dying trickery, but you still can lose 85-99% of your spies, buildings, land and at home mil, tech and stock which is a huge loss compared to today. Especially losing all your spies+buildings is going take more skill, effort and turns to ramp up into a really effective restart, while they can and should be made so that restarts can still participate in the war immediatly if they should wish it.

Karnage XZ

Aug 1st 2018, 11:54:44

Anything I say will be spun. If the majority wants it this way than okay. However, I say that from here on out, moderators send a vote out to each player on weather they want the changes to be implemented and than post the untampered results on the public forums. Mods are making changes based off the wishes of sometimes unknown players who are influencing the game changes for every player. I think we need to be able to vote on changes. Tons of free survey sites out there.

The_Hawk

Aug 1st 2018, 12:30:50

You could launch a straw poll but I think this change would hurt the game. Restart bonuses are awesome for keeping people involved in the war. It also prevents early set griefing.

With the change it would be better to conduct an oop war and keep your opponent constantly restarting.

In all honesty screw catering to the netters. They already got bots and an increase of bots for even more land.

https://ibb.co/BTF4KkJ
Dev encouraging it

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator

Aug 1st 2018, 13:16:43

Originally posted by Karnage XZ:
Anything I say will be spun. If the majority wants it this way than okay. However, I say that from here on out, moderators send a vote out to each player on weather they want the changes to be implemented and than post the untampered results on the public forums. Mods are making changes based off the wishes of sometimes unknown players who are influencing the game changes for every player. I think we need to be able to vote on changes. Tons of free survey sites out there.

Admins Karnage. Mods cannot change it.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 1st 2018, 14:57:45

But karny... the last game change was in 2014. If i began playing this game two years before I actually did i would still have played exactly the same game with no changes all that time.
Plus if you are worried about changes ruining the game what we are talking about is slightly or fully reversing a change back to what it was like for around 15 years. So you should really like that if you dont like changes.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 1st 2018, 16:42:13

Originally posted by Karnage XZ:
Originally posted by DerrickICN:

Still waiting for your official surrender!

What in the world are you clowns talking about? I think it was sol did this the other set. I legitimately don't understand what you guys mean when you ask me to "admit we lost." That's not based on my admission. It's based on who died and who didn't. And not only that but me saying "Ok we lost" doesn't work no matter how many times I say it. I don't think you guys even know what the hell you want.

I remember sui on a big diatribe about that. Weezy contacted me and told me about that and I said I'm ignoring it because I don't know what the hell you mean.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Aug 1st 2018, 16:44:24
See Original Post

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 1st 2018, 16:45:33

But for the record. We did not win the boring dumb war. In fact we hardly participated. I hope me saying that was as orgasmic as you'd hoped.

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 1st 2018, 17:00:30

Originally posted by The_Hawk:
You could launch a straw poll but I think this change would hurt the game. Restart bonuses are awesome for keeping people involved in the war. It also prevents early set griefing.

With the change it would be better to conduct an oop war and keep your opponent constantly restarting.

In all honesty screw catering to the netters. They already got bots and an increase of bots for even more land.

Interesting hawk. I mean Yeah. In the old days when a war would go down guys wouldn't restart and I imagine restart rates are higher because of it but it does seem to make for an extremely boring endless war when people don't put any effort into making it fun and just want easy wins like sol this set. A war without parity is stupid with the current rules imo

DruncK Game profile

Aug 1st 2018, 18:05:23

Restart bonuses for netters is retarded. If a dude gonna quit he gonna quit whether he has 50% or 0, you're dillusional if you think restart bonuses have kept anyone from rage quitting.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 1st 2018, 18:40:26

In the old days FAing restarts was a strategy in and of itself.