Verified:

Riddler Game profile

Aug 26th 2018, 21:31:19

Originally posted by Player Z:
Original post was updated with list of participants. I'm dead, so i'm out.

It doesnt have me on there...just sayin

Riddler Game profile

Aug 26th 2018, 21:33:55

Every time I log in, I get a BUNCH of these...

41 mins ago
Enemy operatives caused 6513 civilians to flee our lands!

So someone is playing cheap and killing our civilians in order to get a better NW?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 26th 2018, 21:36:18

GDI protects you from that unless you DT someone and that someone is doing it.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

CX LaE Game profile

Aug 26th 2018, 21:49:47

Wrong. I just had some guy I never hit bomb my banks ~15x and I never even spied him.
LaE | Monks | NA
Since 1999

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 26th 2018, 21:51:46

Yup, they can steal cash and tech, for some reason that's not considered a harmful op....ya....fluffed up!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Player Z

Aug 26th 2018, 21:52:51

Originally posted by Riddler:
Original post was updated with list of participants. I'm dead, so i'm out.

It doesnt have me on there...just sayin

My bad - fixed.

Player Z

Aug 26th 2018, 21:56:06

Originally posted by Gerdler:
I was cashing out at near 9m per turn just now. If all goes well I might break 20m. I felt really sad about being farmed by some rainbows and not retalling because I don't have the income to buy myself safe from them.

Ohh well.

Looking at the challengers I think it's a bit sad that so many seemed to get into wars. Not only because of the competition but also because it must be hell on EE to fight a war with a tyr casher against someone.

I think if we have another challenge it would be good to keep the names within the contestants only.

I would say that the two challenges we have had have been very well defined and that I think is necessary.
This particular challenge was quite strenuous for me at least.

Agreed on keeping the challenge participant list internal, after how this went went. I was looking forward to this one, and yes, staying alive as a Tyr casher at war was near impossible.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 26th 2018, 22:02:04

I'm really disappointed in my fanboys, all that talk and no action ....

For you Divert and the other clowns..
https://youtu.be/dvSZ_HQmZgQ
(•_•)

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 26th 2018, 22:54:37

Land is relatively easy to come by but I didn't enjoy feeding it to the guys not in the challenge...so I just stopped grabbing.
:(
Just shut up and have another beer

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 26th 2018, 22:57:14

Ya I was watching you, it's hard to protect the land with this strat, I stopped after 12k and bought up tech to see where it gets me, I don't think I'll even hit 10m since the public market is being dried up :-(
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 26th 2018, 23:12:15

yeah I got grabbed some too. I made sure to grab most land late in one go and then buy defence til I was up in the t10 after that, it worked.

I have spied several of the people that grabbed me, they didn't look like they knew what they were doing so I'm going to assume they did not specifically target me for being in the challenge(my number was not posted). Also my spal was really high at those points so I am not sure if anyone even got an op on me in the end. All hits were massive oversends.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 26th 2018, 23:40:38

Another thought I had, and maybe to a large degree my fault for my suggestion earlier: We should have done tech starts and instead have very strict rules like for instance a that the last turn of teching has to be done on thursday(or perhaps even wednesday) or something like that and that we still had to be tyrannies for the tech phase.

That would have saved us all a lot of effort, inflated our NWs by quite a bit and we would still have to be tyr casher for 60%+ of the reset and specifically the end of the reset. We would also be less vulnerable to people who wants to bother us and we would not help inflate the techers NWs so much. Win Win Win. But alas I didn't really forsee that it would be so damned long to get techs up. I mean I spent like 700 turns mostly buying tech every other turn or so which was a pain. :(

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 27th 2018, 0:02:32

Networth: $22,901,834.

https://imgur.com/a/iE3xgtn

CX LaE Game profile

Aug 27th 2018, 0:17:05

That was impressive.
LaE | Monks | NA
Since 1999

beerdrinker75 Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 27th 2018, 1:46:18

Congrats gerdy!
Just shut up and have another beer

drkprinc Game profile

Aug 27th 2018, 1:58:51

show off I think when I did this solo last year I finished 14 or 15m NW but I also had hard time retalling and defending against retals.
(<(<>(<>.(<>..<>).<>)<>)>)

zz.ghqnet.com - 0.o
http://LaF.center - LaF
imp.ghqnet.com - IMP

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 27th 2018, 2:50:29

Defending against RoRs is a common problem in express. I always jump my defence after retalling anyone, because its almost certain that he will not accept the retal which forces me to screw over my reset for him, so I save us both trouble and buy up. I cant do that with tyr casher :(

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 27th 2018, 2:56:26

Networth: $22,901,834.

https://imgur.com/a/iE3xgtn

Very nice, congrats!

I'm surprised I got over 10m lol
Networth $10,439,956
(•_•)

UgolinoII Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 27th 2018, 11:38:07

Defending against RoRs is a common problem in express. I always jump my defence after retalling anyone, because its almost certain that he will not accept the retal which forces me to screw over my reset for him, so I save us both trouble and buy up. I cant do that with tyr casher :(
\

Yeah and when "good" players 6x RoR a tyranny casher, its pretty weak sauce.

Good challenge though and congrats Gerdler!

Ektar Game profile

Aug 27th 2018, 14:00:53

I was cashing out at near 9m per turn just now. If all goes well I might break 20m. I felt really sad about being farmed by some rainbows and not retalling because I don't have the income to buy myself safe from them.

Ohh well.

Looking at the challengers I think it's a bit sad that so many seemed to get into wars. Not only because of the competition but also because it must be hell on EE to fight a war with a tyr casher against someone.

I think if we have another challenge it would be good to keep the names within the contestants only.

I would say that the two challenges we have had have been very well defined and that I think is necessary.
This particular challenge was quite strenuous for me at least.

Agreed on keeping the challenge participant list internal, after how this went went. I was looking forward to this one, and yes, staying alive as a Tyr casher at war was near impossible.

This does no good if the people in the competition are the ones attacking you. You know all about that. Its a lot more fun when someone doesnt go out of their way to f with you. Isnt it?

Marshal Game profile

Aug 27th 2018, 14:26:01

master plan: say that participates to challenge (0 cs or tyr casher) and then farm the fluff out of other participants.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Aug 27th 2018, 15:48:45

Originally posted by Marshal:
master plan: say that participates to challenge (0 cs or tyr casher) and then farm the fluff out of other participants.

You sir, are all talk.
(•_•)

Marshal Game profile

Aug 27th 2018, 19:10:06

didn't say that i will do it but some less honorable earthers could.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Aug 27th 2018, 19:24:47

I mean ofc that can happen but also people can be shut out of the challenge. I was hit by a participant of the 0cs duel and we had no rules against that. point is if you start a war with another dueler you are very unlikely to win, either that or you would have won anyway.