Verified:

farmer Game profile

Jan 24th 2021, 2:08:52

Browning 1911 380 now i anticipate shooting it some time in the future as i can't find ammo.

Edited By: farmer on Jan 24th 2021, 2:35:41
See Original Post

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 24th 2021, 2:31:07

biden trolled everyone by letting them keep their guns but remove the ammo from the stores?

Goofy Game profile

Jan 24th 2021, 4:20:58

Ammo has been in short supply way before Biden became President.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 24th 2021, 6:06:00

Yeah, since 2009 ish we've been having ammo shortages, something along the lines of pressure from the white house on congress to pass legislation that limited the amount produced??? Not sure since that's what I heard and never really cared to look at it closer, if anyone can shime in on this, I'd appreciate it :-)
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Link Game profile

Jan 24th 2021, 17:34:06

last year it went from difficult to find to damn near impossible for some calibers lol.
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

En4cer Game profile

Jan 24th 2021, 21:29:03

Reload ???

Garry Owen Game profile

Jan 25th 2021, 2:45:30

I love the M1911, but in the original .45 because I love the sound and the kick.

Link Game profile

Jan 25th 2021, 3:11:34

Originally posted by Garry Owen:
I love the M1911, but in the original .45 because I love the sound and the kick.

yea the 45 is the only 1911 for me
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

farmer Game profile

Jan 25th 2021, 4:06:54

I liked the weight of the 1911 - 380 and if i had to use it i am not trying to bring down and elephant

Anarchist Game profile

Jan 25th 2021, 10:44:41

Man ammo has been short in rifle and pistol ammo since last Sept it's reached shotgun shells too now. Of course the common stuff went first 3006 308 7.62x39 556 270 9mm 380 40 and 45. Then odd balls went 300wm 7mm08 357mags and everything else in December. Come January all shotgun shells I do mean all from slugs to steel shot. I know that guys buy ammo in cals they don't have just to sell or trade and that's ridiculous.

BigP Game profile

Jan 25th 2021, 13:44:19

Pretty cool

Ive always wanted one just to have one
- SoF

myerr21 Game profile

Jan 25th 2021, 15:20:01

I went into my local Sig dealer and asked if they could get me a P320. They said they hadn't gotten any recently, I asked if they could order it. He said "yeah, we can order it, but youre probably not going to get it." I asked if I could pay them for one now and them just call me when it came in, whether that be 2 weeks, a month, or more. The most they would do is take my name and number and said they would call if anything came available. Its not only an ammo shortage, everything is gone. Looking at the rest of the local gunstores, the best pistol I was able to find was one gen ONE Glock. I think Im going to buy all the furniture for the p320 then just get a FCU when I can.
Elders

gains [23:16:55] * Myerr!*@* added to ignore list

cloud-superfly: CP is ok

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 25th 2021, 17:47:12

Speaking of guns there was a story that appeared in my flow today, I would have forgotten about it by now but the affadavit caught my eye. Either this cop never saw a gun before or he/she was having some fun on the job. It first tells that the assisting arresting officer recovered a Smith and Wesson .40 cal piston then it goes on to say:

"The recovered weapon appeared to be fully functional, is designed to expel a projectile by the action of an explosive, has a barrel length of less than 12 inches and is capable of being fired by use of a single hand."

https://www.fox4news.com/...ffice-secret-service-says

If archeologists from thousands of years from now, humans or otherwise, start digging up remains of our civilization they will there find clearly described what these things are, how they are used etc. Because they will all use rayguns, or railguns at the very least, by then. It will all be very foreign to them until their read this officers affadavit. I love stuff like this, people who go above and beyond. A true hero in every sense of the word.

I would say 'one of the good ones' but I have been made aware that I will probably be cancelled then so I won't.

Anarchist Game profile

Jan 26th 2021, 0:19:41

[quote poster=farmer; 49705; 968141]Browning 1911 380 now i anticipate shooting it some time in the future as i can't find ammo.
[/quot

Have you tried cheaper than dirt? May find some on there probably a little more than you want to pay but atleast you could get the chance to break in the slide. Also if you a have local hunting page maybe able to get some from people there trade or buy.

Covid set ammo makers back a lot then with the remington law suit followed by bankruptcy that shut down the biggest ammo manufacturing facility in the US. Tie those two things into a hyper inflated inflated market and we know why there's a huge shortage. Wish I had stock in federal and hornady right now haha

Anarchist Game profile

Jan 26th 2021, 0:19:42

[quote poster=farmer; 49705; 968141]Browning 1911 380 now i anticipate shooting it some time in the future as i can't find ammo.
[/quot

Have you tried cheaper than dirt? May find some on there probably a little more than you want to pay but atleast you could get the chance to break in the slide. Also if you a have local hunting page maybe able to get some from people there trade or buy.

Covid set ammo makers back a lot then with the remington law suit followed by bankruptcy that shut down the biggest ammo manufacturing facility in the US. Tie those two things into a hyper inflated inflated market and we know why there's a huge shortage. Wish I had stock in federal and hornady right now haha

Mr Gainsboro Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 26th 2021, 19:25:46

Originally posted by farmer:
Browning 1911 380 now i anticipate shooting it some time in the future as i can't find ammo.

Looks like a nice gun. The size seems good for carrying it on you also.
Don of LaF

farmer Game profile

Jan 27th 2021, 0:49:13

yep holds 7 rounds so that is a little limited, makes it much lighter than the glock that held 18 the glock had a much thicker grip because of it. A friend sold me 100 rounds so i was able to shoot it today, i ran about 70 round through it. I like it :)

Akula Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 28th 2021, 12:55:44

1911 was my first sidearm

Edited By: Akula on Jan 28th 2021, 13:03:23
=============================
"Astra inclinant, sed non obligant"

SOL http://sol.ghqnet.com/
=============================

Anarchist Game profile

Jan 28th 2021, 13:39:45

I'd love to find some british .303 ammo got a few rounds but would be nice to find some more

Garry Owen Game profile

Feb 1st 2021, 4:07:55

They have discovered since they cannot change the 2d Amendment then they will just run all the manufacturer out of business.... :(

mrford Game profile

Feb 1st 2021, 4:24:39

Honestly the ammonshortahe was a perfect storm. You had covid that shut down all kinds of manufacturers. You had the riots over the summer that saw stockpiles and 7 million new gun owners. And it was also an election year.

I reload my brass, and components are hard to find. Thankfully imnstocked up on primers.

as of now I have:

2k rounds loaded of 5.56/.223, 7.62×51, 9mm, .45, .38 special, and .357

4k assorted 12 gauge

20k asorted .22lr

about 500 each of 7mm mag and .270

With current ammo prices, I don't wanna shoot anything but .22lr And even then, .22lr used to be ~4cpr. It is now 25cpr. fluff is crazy. I miss full range days.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

archaic Game profile

Feb 1st 2021, 4:31:25

Ditto, all I'm shooting now is .44 mag and shotguns because I cast my own and I can reload them both almost indefinitely. It will probably be this way until the midterm election at best
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

mrford Game profile

Feb 1st 2021, 4:45:34

Only guns I still shoot are my Ruger 10/22 backpacker, a S&W M&P .22 compact that I bought just so I could still train with a pistol the same size ad my EDC but cheaper ammo, and my Mossberg 930 SPX 12ga, usually shooting cheap #7.5 or #8 bird shot just to have fun.

The rest are in the safe till either this fluff calms down, or I lose them in a boating accident.

I calculated Biden's $200 tax on guns and magazine plan. Would cost me $9000. Lol, no thanks.

I have to say, the only bright spot in all this is watching Californians fluff about their state gun laws, like the mandatory 10 day waiting period. Bruh, you voted for that fluff. Imagine living in a state that requires ammo to be shipped to an FFL. Hilarious.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

Anarchist Game profile

Feb 1st 2021, 10:01:07

Yeah between covid and riots that drove the market extremely quickly and we already knew the election would as well. Ammo wasn't considered essential from my understanding so you shut down ammo makers during and already hyper buying period you get that gap that almost impossible to come back from.

Have thought about learning to reload myself esp shotgun loads with tungsten for waterfowl. Read up guys can make loads for around a dollar a piece. here a box cost something like 45 or more bucks

Trife Game profile

Feb 1st 2021, 18:42:40

anything smaller than .50 BMG is for teenage girls!

archaic Game profile

Feb 1st 2021, 23:54:15

Originally posted by Trife:
anything smaller than .50 BMG is for teenage girls!

You STILL smell like tinkle
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

Ruthie

Feb 2nd 2021, 19:36:01

I was never a gun person, but with all the fluff going on these days my hubby bought a Baretta 9mm for me a couple weeks ago. Cabellas sold out in one day and he was lucky enough to get one. It took another week or two to get ammo.

We went to the range on Friday and I can brag I kicked the targets ass. Did better than my husband did, lol and it was easy enough to load and shoot so I should be good :)

~Ruthless~
Ragnaroks EEVIL Lady

farmer Game profile

Feb 2nd 2021, 22:46:44

Agree everything is nuts right now. I
like going out and shooting targets

mrford Game profile

Feb 2nd 2021, 22:49:06

Swagger of a Chupacabra

major Game profile

Feb 3rd 2021, 1:05:14

ammo.com, is a good back up supplier. high, but has all ammo sporadically.. when you see it, buy it right then.

FireFox Game profile

Feb 24th 2021, 7:37:25

A lot of people still around after all these years

Stay away from CTD. They were one of the first ones to start price gouging when the ammo shortage started

BigP Game profile

Feb 24th 2021, 13:24:43

I put in for my handgun permit last week. Now I need to find something I like. Any advice for a beginner? Ive shot a few guns before, but never owned one.
- SoF

myerr21 Game profile

Feb 24th 2021, 16:51:51

Originally posted by myerr21:
I went into my local Sig dealer and asked if they could get me a P320. They said they hadn't gotten any recently, I asked if they could order it. He said "yeah, we can order it, but youre probably not going to get it." I asked if I could pay them for one now and them just call me when it came in, whether that be 2 weeks, a month, or more. The most they would do is take my name and number and said they would call if anything came available. Its not only an ammo shortage, everything is gone. Looking at the rest of the local gunstores, the best pistol I was able to find was one gen ONE Glock. I think Im going to buy all the furniture for the p320 then just get a FCU when I can.

Finally got a call from them on monday, Paid for it and should have it on thursday!
Elders

FireFox Game profile

Feb 24th 2021, 16:53:50

BigP, best thing you can do is go to a gun range and try out different ones until you find one that you like and can shoot.

Bring a friend who is familiar if possible so he can answer any questions you have.

Last thing you want is buying a gun that you hate.

myerr21 Game profile

Feb 24th 2021, 16:54:18

Originally posted by BigP:
I put in for my handgun permit last week. Now I need to find something I like. Any advice for a beginner? Ive shot a few guns before, but never owned one.

I would suggest renting a few from a range and seeing what you like before you buy. I 100% wanted nothing but a glock before I started shooting. After shooting one for the first time, I know they are for SURE not for me. Their grip sucks (to me) and my accuracy compared to literally any other handgun is disgustingly bad with the glocks. I love the Sig p320 and the Smith and Wesson M&P 2.0. They are entry priced guns with good quality. The way a pistol feels in the hand means alot to me.
Elders

BigP Game profile

Feb 24th 2021, 17:11:14

Are there any guns or manufacturers to stay away from? They all seem like they are good quality.
- SoF

llaar Game profile

Feb 24th 2021, 17:22:48

Any good gun store with a range will allow you to test out a bunch that they sell. Try a bunch, see what you like the best and are comfortable with. The recoil, your build and your hand size can all affect what feels most comfortable to you. Feel free to do it a few times to see what you really like.

What are you goals? self defense? target practice? hunting? each will have a range of options for you. A cheap 22 plinker for practice would be an easy cheaper start. a small 380 for personal carry is a good start too. don't go for a snub nose 44 for a first time carry you'll shoot it once and then probably never want to carry it. so basically anything larger than 380 as a first time owner you'll probably not end up not carrying which defeats the whole purpose of a carry gun. an easy first time 9mm I'd recommend a Glock 17. easy to shoot, easy to hold, not a lot of recoil, bulky to carry though, and not the most elegant looking. more elegant looking aim for a nice 1911, also in a variety of calibers but some people complain about reliability but they have been made for over 100 years so that speaks for something too. Anything larger than 9mm you'd probably want as a 2nd or 3rd gun. So I wouldn't recommend 357/44/ etc for a first. No one really needs a 50 unless you're wanting to carry in an area you're scared of bears? No one generally ends at just buying one in any case so don't stress about it too much and enjoy collecting and be safe! :)

HEMPMAN1 Game profile

Feb 24th 2021, 17:26:55

BigP definitely go to a range and try several different models.. i would start with a 380, a 9mm, and a 40 just to get a feel for each.. try multiple brands as well. sometimes you are basically just paying for the name not necessarily quality..

BigP Game profile

Feb 24th 2021, 19:43:12

Thanks for the tips guys.

Civilians cant conceal carry in NJ :( Mainly looking for home defense and to just go shooting at the range.

I was planning on starting off with 9mm or 40. One of my friends has a P320 and a M&P 2.0 and was going to try those out.
- SoF

llaar Game profile

Feb 24th 2021, 19:55:29

12 gauge for home defense

check out mossberg 500 pistol grip 18 inch barrel

FireFox Game profile

Feb 25th 2021, 0:54:13

Ahhh. The first thing you need to do is move to a more gun friendly state.

farmer Game profile

Feb 25th 2021, 3:02:41

House Bill 1369 repeals the law that requires a person to obtain a license to carry a handgun in Indiana. hope this makes it

Anarchist Game profile

Feb 25th 2021, 10:20:45

Originally posted by farmer:
House Bill 1369 repeals the law that requires a person to obtain a license to carry a handgun in Indiana. hope this makes it

Wish they would pass a constitutional carry here. We can open carry with out a license but to conceal you have to pay 90 bucks every three years I think it is. Only good thing is if you have one no back ground checks when purchasing a gun. Show em that license and just fill out your paperwork and you are good to go.

Garry Owen Game profile

Mar 1st 2021, 2:22:48

Civilians cant conceal carry in NJ :( Mainly looking for home defense and to just go shooting at the range.

I was planning on starting off with 9mm or 40. One of my friends has a P320 and a M&P 2.0 and was going to try those out.

BigP - welcome to the 2A Ranks!

As others have said the best thing to do is go to the range and try some out. Even better if you can go with a buddy. Try his guns and ask about the loaners the range has.

Virtually any name brand manufacturer will have reliable weapons. You will want to stay away from strange calibers so that 9mm or 40 your looking at is best. Find something that feels good in your hands and you can instinctively point. Also get some serious advice on shooting techniques. Much easier to learn the right way first, than to unlearn bad habits.

Link Game profile

Mar 2nd 2021, 3:03:06

2 good choices.. I love my M&P
Link.

I Am a meat popsicle.

Elders
ICN
NBK
PanLV
SALT
MaK
Valks
CwG

farmer Game profile

Mar 2nd 2021, 13:20:40

If you want to shoot it you had better ask what ammo they have in stock, I still have not found but one box of 380

Anarchist Game profile

Mar 7th 2021, 15:58:03

Just bought a cva optima v2. It's an upgrade from my other ml can't wait for it to to come in the mail

Garry Owen Game profile

Mar 8th 2021, 7:45:09

Colin Noir is a great source for all things 2A....

Like a good explanation of the current ammo shortage:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzZgGChsyDI

mdevol Game profile

Mar 9th 2021, 22:21:16

I like shooting. I dropped a doe this year 282 yds with my 30-30. pulled out my ballistics chart to calc the 22 inch drop I had to factor. dropped her in her tracks. double lung clipped the heart, she stood up and laid right back down.
Surely what a man does when he is caught off his guard is the best evidence as to what sort of man he is. - C.S. Lewis

farmer Game profile

Mar 10th 2021, 3:04:40

I have managed to scrounge up one box from a buddy we made a trade so i have now shot it and have about a clip left. It is so strange going into a gun shop and looking at the ammo shelf, most are totally empty. Rural king had a few 410 shells and a few 12 ga. that was it