Verified:

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 13th 2022, 2:53:10

https://youtu.be/RFHvq-8np1o

I'm glad there's still real journalism being done!
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

SuperFly Game profile

Apr 13th 2022, 17:16:01

same applies to wind farms. Everyone says that they are so great for the environment and clean energy this and that. Well they also kill over 500k birds per year in the US alone. No gives a flying crap about that. However, if 12 geese land in an oil sands tailing pond in Canada well that is just inhuman and the oil industry should be shut down for that....

Hungry Game profile

Apr 13th 2022, 17:32:36

Ugh you soundbite eating moron.

Each litre of petrol burnt emits 2kg of C02.
We burn 800 million litres of petrol a day.

Thats 1.6 million tons of C02 entering the atmosphere a day.

Imagine what a 1,600,000,000 kg block of carbon looks like, then put 365 next to each other and thats what we do every year.

And you think the by-products of new energy are the greater of 2 evils?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 13th 2022, 18:23:51

Originally posted by Hungry:

Imagine what a 1,600,000,000 kg block of carbon looks like, then put 365 next to each other and thats what we do every year.

So children being exploited and trafficked for labor is ok in your mind, got it.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

g0nz0 Game profile

Apr 13th 2022, 18:55:28

By-products:

https://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/...act-of-lithium-batteries/

The lithium extraction process uses a lot of water—approximately 500,000 gallons per metric ton of lithium. To extract lithium, miners drill a hole in salt flats and pump salty, mineral-rich brine to the surface. After several months the water evaporates, leaving a mixture of manganese, potassium, borax and lithium salts which is then filtered and placed into another evaporation pool. After between 12 and 18 months of this process, the mixture is filtered sufficiently that lithium carbonate can be extracted.

South America’s Lithium Triangle, which covers parts of Argentina, Bolivia and Chile, holds more than half the world’s supply of the metal beneath its salt flats. But it is also one of the driest places on earth. In Chile’s Salar de Atacama, mining activities consumed 65 percent of the region’s water, which is having a large impact on local farmers to the point that some communities have to get water elsewhere.

In Australia and North America, lithium is mined from rock using chemicals to extract it into a useful form. In Nevada, researchers found impacts on fish as far as 150 miles downstream from a lithium processing operation.

Lithium extraction harms the soil and causes air contamination.

In Australia, only two percent of the country’s 3,300 metric tons of lithium-ion waste is recycled.

There have been a number of fires at recycling plants where lithium-ion batteries have been stored improperly, or disguised as lead-acid batteries and put through a crusher.

It is estimated that between 2021 and 2030, about 12.85 million tons of EV lithium ion batteries will go offline worldwide, and over 10 million tons of lithium, cobalt, nickel and manganese will be mined for new batteries.

Cobalt is found in huge quantities in the Democratic Republic of Congo and central Africa where it is extracted from the ground by hand, using child labor, without protective equipment.

Where does the electricity used to recharge batteries come from?

How much will it cost to trade my fluffty combustion engine for a new electric mini me 45 mph clown car?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 13th 2022, 19:09:39

How dare you bring facts to the table!
(•_•)

SuperFly Game profile

Apr 13th 2022, 19:46:31

Moooooarrrrrr Carbon tax levies for all! Taxing the heck out of every citizen is the way to solve the issue!

major Game profile

Apr 13th 2022, 22:25:23

we don't give a sh*t about that bro. we care about a thriving economy . we care about prosperity for the USA and its citizens.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 14th 2022, 4:33:22

I mean unless you are charging your car with solar or wind-generated ele, it is still contributing to C02.

I will take a free Tesla tho, KoH buy daddy one!

Hungry Game profile

Apr 14th 2022, 6:24:14

Ko - No, child labor is abhorrent, and should be addressed in all industries, including the Oil and Gas industry which also has elements of child labor.

Gonzo - Unfortunate for those local impacts to occur, but it pales in comparison to the local, and global impacts extraction and use of fossil fuels create.
The numbers around disposal are big but compared to the 6 billion tons of c02 we'll emit into the atmosphere in tiny little particles from using fossil fuels in that period, it's not a drop in the ocean.

Requiem - Electricity can come from many sources that don't directly pollute, Nuclear, Hydro, Wind, Solar.
That said, it's widely accepted that burning coal in a power plant to charge an EV creates 1/4 as much emissions as burning petrol to move the same car.

Major - Not sure if that's sarcasm, but if not, I'd encourage you to think about what is best for our species or your decedents, over the next 100 or 1000 years, rather than what's best for you now.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 14th 2022, 7:35:25

Everything pollutes, don't even go try that argument, it's silly, show me where children are being exploited to make petrol. I want to see this. Seriously, I do want hard evidence like the child labor for batteries in DR Congo.
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 14th 2022, 7:48:18

Originally posted by Requiem:
I mean unless you are charging your car with solar or wind-generated ele, it is still contributing to C02.

I will take a free Tesla tho, KoH buy daddy one!

fluff Tesla, they're another scam EV manufacturer that claims to be clean energy when in fact are dirtier than our government claiming they care about the environment all while funding foreign wars, seriously, you're all being played by the corporate overlords that run the world, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out an EV that doesn't need to be plugged to a wall or station, there's something called alternator, it charges batteries as you drive your vehicle, why the fluff do these scams....errr...EV need to be plugged into a wall to feed them energy being made with coal??????? See, it's all a scam, EV burn Coal, that's pollution too Hungry, it too is a fossil fuel...
(•_•)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 14th 2022, 12:08:54

I like EVs because a lot of them are full of tech and they are fun to drive. Make an EV so good ppl will demand one!

I think an alternator would have to be too big to keep it charged. Most of them do have regenerative tech in it such as when you break.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 14th 2022, 18:55:39

I like EVs because a lot of them are full of tech and they are fun to drive. Make an EV so good ppl will demand one!

I think an alternator would have to be too big to keep it charged. Most of them do have regenerative tech in it such as when you break.

Big as in size? No absolutely not, have you seen the latest generators made for when the power goes out at your house? Some even are solar, like I said, EV that need plugs to charge from Coal are a scam.
(•_•)

farmer Game profile

Apr 15th 2022, 1:15:19

Mineing in the Congo, look who is putting money there.
https://www.nytimes.com/...d/china-congo-cobalt.html

Chinese investors control about 70% of Congo's mining sector
I ask again do you want to be beholding ot China for your energy or another country for that matter

Suicidal Game profile

Apr 15th 2022, 6:42:36

1) Just curious, with 1.6 million tons of CO2 entering the atmosphere each day, how much CO2 is being absorbed by plant life on earth? Not just trees but, all plant life needs CO2. Without the CO2, the plant life could not produce the oxygen we need to breath.

2) Was the "industrial Revolution" the cause for the "dust bowl"? https://www.history.com/...reat-depression/dust-bowl

3) Common sense answer to "Global Warming". Yes it is real and has been taking place since the end of the "ice age". It has been warming ever since. Eleventy-two years ago, when I was in Elementary School, we were actually sent to school to become educated. We learned that as the planet warms, water evaporates and forms clouds. Clouds filter heat from the sun. Then it rains, again providing cooling, and the cycle continues.

My career was in nuclear power having directed the initial startup of 2 out of the last 5 new nuclear plants in the USA. I have also been on the Council of Energy Advisors for over 20 years.

In summary, stop destroying plant life (Ex. rain forest), build more nukes (2 new nukes preparing for initial startup in Wayneboro, GA) New nuke technology being prepped in Washington State and Wyoming. Even West Virginia, where I live, lifted the ban on nuclear power in February of this year. Ad finally, get educated! Stop drinking the Kool-aid.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 15th 2022, 15:24:19

Thank you Sui, nice post 10/10
(•_•)

Suicidal Game profile

Apr 15th 2022, 18:08:18

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Thank you Sui, nice post 10/10

It is not easy being me. All these good looks and a brain too.

P.S. Bru, I will always be straight. Mebbe you could hook up with WeeZy (again)

Ivan Game profile

Apr 22nd 2022, 18:20:21

Koh id like to see you get any petrol without the use of cobolt, tesla on the other hand has started making cobolt free cars

so you loose as usual.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 22nd 2022, 18:36:15

Originally posted by Ivan:
Koh id like to see you get any petrol without the use of cobolt, tesla on the other hand has started making cobolt free cars

so you loose as usual.

This is rich coming from the crowd that pushes all kinds of regulations on Americas industry except for when it serves your not at all green agenda, delicious! Keep funding child labor you disgusting human!
(•_•)

Ivan Game profile

Apr 22nd 2022, 18:38:52

LOL if anyone uses child labor its republicans where its always the market first before work enviroment, decent salaries, enviromental laws etc etc etc

the american dream is awesome, for the top 10% richest for everyone else who needs several jobs to afford food it sucks, perhaps you should try to adjust a bit the future welcomes you.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 22nd 2022, 18:44:53

LOL if anyone uses child labor its republicans where its always the market first before work enviroment, decent salaries, enviromental laws etc etc etc

the american dream is awesome, for the top 10% richest for everyone else who needs several jobs to afford food it sucks, perhaps you should try to adjust a bit the future welcomes you.

Clearly you're not aware that it's not all blue and red, I'm a libertarian so I agree with you on what you just said, I'm not a partisan sheep.
(•_•)

Buch Game profile

Apr 22nd 2022, 19:24:12

If you have a job you can afford food unless you're a complete idiot....

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 22nd 2022, 20:21:12

Originally posted by Buch:

If you have a job you can afford food unless you're a complete idiot....

He's one of those brainwashed sheep that wants $15/hr to flip burgers without accepting the consequences of bumping up minimum wage 🤷
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 22nd 2022, 21:18:01

I don't even know why I'm stunned by these people supporting child labor for as long as it serves their agenda, out of all their candidates they chose a child molester 🤷
(•_•)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 22nd 2022, 22:31:22

Yeah but if you live in a first-world country you benefit from human suffering from almost every consumer good you use. No one has clean hands.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 23rd 2022, 2:26:54

Yeah but if you live in a first-world country you benefit from human suffering from almost every consumer good you use. No one has clean hands.

Fact, but these people pride themselves on caring for the children and use that as leverage to push policy 🤷
(•_•)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 23rd 2022, 13:07:50

My fav is when people tweet about stuff like that on an iPhone :p

Doug Game profile

Apr 24th 2022, 2:01:46

Hey KOH, kinda within the same topic 2 points. 1 the new Ford Mustang MACH E looks weird as a Mustang. Drove one, it’s actually fast. So, mom was a union boss and engineer at ford, she signed one of the last 500 Mustang COBRA SVT engines. But I guess a cell needs replaced every 5-7 years depending on driving and cost $3000-5000 every 5-7 years but they have to replace 2 as they’re connected.

Second: at work, I’ve responded to sheeetz gas stations on the west side where all the yuppies live. Their check volts, teslas, etc. we’ve assisted the fire department a dozen times on my shift alone in a month due to fire at sheetz. And 27 times in 59 days to total home fires in garages at night lol - I don’t understand the exact reason, but taking out a whole house does wonders for enviornmemt.

Lastly, question. So if you buy one, and you want to drive from Cleveland to Miami. Do I literally need to stop and charge for an hour or so just to go 4-5 hours? That’s a 20+ hour drive. I know even Fords new small entry level trucks that way.

I know a lot about my work etc but know nothing on this topic if anyone can tell me anything of the questions/comments/observations above.

Thoughts? Legit answers?
Paradigm Senator
My Discord: twink_attack
Contact Auk (Happy on discord) for PDM fa issues.
His Discord: happytheexceed

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 24th 2022, 5:15:18

Just don't buy any EV that doesn't have the ability to charge itself while you drive, it's a scam and you're supporting child labor....legit thought and answer :-)
(•_•)

Doug Game profile

Apr 24th 2022, 6:18:27

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Just don't buy any EV that doesn't have the ability to charge itself while you drive, it's a scam and you're supporting child labor....legit thought and answer :-)

Thanks 🤓
Paradigm Senator
My Discord: twink_attack
Contact Auk (Happy on discord) for PDM fa issues.
His Discord: happytheexceed

Tertius Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 7th 2022, 16:18:16

I saw this pop up and it reminded me of this thread:

https://www.motortrend.com/...hy-you-are-being-lied-to/

I don't think that answers all of your questions, Doug, but it does note that lithium child labor is unfortunately true, and that while there is some frontloading of carbon emissions, studies from Harvard / Yale and other research institutions show that the bulk of emissions is from the actual driving, so EV's are better for the environment after just 1-2 years of average driving.

Lithium battery fires are certainly no joke, and fire departments have to specifically train to put them out, which makes those issues much more problematic, but rates of fire for EV's are much lower than combustion engines - but several have had to perform recalls to better insulate wiring etc to make sure that salt / corrosives / liquids don't lead to a short that could be catastrophic.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 7th 2022, 19:08:01

Originally posted by Tertius:
I saw this pop up and it reminded me of this thread:

https://www.motortrend.com/...hy-you-are-being-lied-to/

I don't think that answers all of your questions, Doug, but it does note that lithium child labor is unfortunately true, and that while there is some frontloading of carbon emissions, studies from Harvard / Yale and other research institutions show that the bulk of emissions is from the actual driving, so EV's are better for the environment after just 1-2 years of average driving.

Lithium battery fires are certainly no joke, and fire departments have to specifically train to put them out, which makes those issues much more problematic, but rates of fire for EV's are much lower than combustion engines - but several have had to perform recalls to better insulate wiring etc to make sure that salt / corrosives / liquids don't lead to a short that could be catastrophic.

Problem with this article is that it doesn't show ALL pollutants, only CO2 (and couple others) and plants consume CO2, carbon emissions are the least of our problems, focus on poisons that kill our bodies and are being leeched to the ground making their way to our most vital and precious commodity (fresh water)
(•_•)

Rocky79 Game profile

Dec 8th 2022, 20:33:34

It’s obvious to anyone with a brain that the big push for electric cars is all about control and not about the environment. Electric cars can be shut off remotely, or limited to where/how far they can drive.

The same people who told you to switch to LED bulbs and do everything possible to limit your energy consumption are now telling you to install a super charger in your garage and overload the power grid. Okay, what a great idea :)

In most of the world, the energy grid infrastructure is not capable of supplying enough power for even 20% of homes to have an electric car.

The real reason the owners of the world want to push electric cars is because they can be remote controlled and shut off, and they can try to put an end to personal/private car ownership.

Global warming has always been a scam and a hoax to drive fear and steal tax money from gullible people. In reality, it is the sun that has the biggest impact on the environment. It’s funny when these global warming retards talk about how humans are causing global warming but they won’t talk about the effect that the sun has on our environment

Edited By: Rocky79 on Dec 8th 2022, 20:39:11

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Dec 26th 2022, 2:25:57

(•_•)