Verified:

tellarion Game profile

May 7th 2014, 17:05:39

It's been a few sets since the change was implemented and then tweaked. What are your thoughts on it? Still too high? How would you change it if given the chance? This is your homework assignment for the week!

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 7th 2014, 17:58:14

what tella said!
Finally did the signature thing.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 7th 2014, 18:35:39

Nobody cares lol
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

WArriOR Game profile

May 7th 2014, 18:36:59

only used for alliances at war, not for spam countries to farm everyone get farmed/killed and come back with 70% of their country and do it again to everyone.
Ninja Kicked the Dam Rabbit

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 7th 2014, 18:40:01

Wait!!!!! Someone does care!!!!! :P
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

tellarion Game profile

May 9th 2014, 17:00:31

TTT...

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

May 9th 2014, 17:22:40

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Nobody cares lol
(•_•)

Sov Game profile

May 9th 2014, 22:21:29

I've already sent my recommendations directly to qz.

Syko_Killa Game profile

May 9th 2014, 23:29:50

Whoever doesn't want there bonus turns, just forward them to my acct, I will take them off your hands.
Do as I say, not as I do.

galleri Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

May 9th 2014, 23:31:06

The other topic was better!!!

https://gyazo.com/...b3bb28dddf908cdbcfd162513

Kahuna: Ya you just wrote the fkn equation, not helping me at all. Lol n I hated algebra.

tellarion Game profile

May 9th 2014, 23:53:42

Considering people continue to fluff about this regularly, I'm surprised by the lack of input here. One person had something constructive to say....

iScode Game profile

May 10th 2014, 1:06:25

i like it :)
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

Heston Game profile

May 10th 2014, 1:20:33

Seems like you have to take the good with the bad with restart bonus. The only option to discourage people taking advantage of the bonus is to make it a rule that griefing isnt accepable. Maybe use the collective conscience of the server as a gadge to enforce, along with some common sense. I like retarting with a % at war.
❤️️Nothing but❤️️💯❤️️❤️️🌺🌸🌹❤️❤️💯

Baz Game profile

May 10th 2014, 1:45:47

There honestly shouldn't even be a restart bonus. If you want to prolong kill times to allow people a chance to stonewall, then increase country populations, and decrease the Civs killed per attack. Getting 40%+ of your country back after you die is ridiculous tbh.

bstrong86 Game profile

May 10th 2014, 2:00:37

Never have been, or will be in favor of restart bonus. Especially in a game that resets, if the game was infinite time frame, then yeah, why the hell not have restart bonuses.

Disable restart bonuses

or

Some how implement a protocol. Country A dies in tag A and the restart number shoots to a moderator and some program you have that designates whether that country deserves the restart bonus. Or something like
The Death Knights

XI

bstrong86 Game profile

May 10th 2014, 2:01:36

People at war could pay a lowly fee to restart but must remain in that tag duration of the set..

Umm

Only one restart per country/person

The Death Knights

XI

bstrong86 Game profile

May 10th 2014, 2:03:48

Random restarts. Ranging from 0% to 25% ofthe country that died.

The Death Knights

XI

archaic Game profile

May 10th 2014, 2:03:51

Honestly, I would completely undo it and go back to restarting from scratch. Seeing several huge fat suicider restarts in the course of a few days has probably converted a lot of people to that opinion.
Cheating Mod Hall of Shame: Dark Morbid, Turtle Crawler, Sov

bstrong86 Game profile

May 10th 2014, 2:07:19

Or leave the restart bonuses..but give the moderators authority to delete someone abusing the restart bonus for suiciding purposes.

That maybe be the best solution next to just not allowing restarts to have anything
The Death Knights

XI

Sov Game profile

May 10th 2014, 2:11:50

Here is what I proposed to qzjul regarding restart bonuses for next set.

- Restarts with bonuses should have same name as original country but new country number (this will help Alliances also monitor serial suiciders) and will aid towards the original intention of making dying feel less painful.

- Base restart bonus should be 20% of land, buildings, military, tech etc (as opposed to 40%). CSes should be restored to original restart bonus formula (i.e 2 sets ago).

- Goods on the market should be retained at a base 60% as this provides a new skill element to the game and encourages more use of the market in times of war. It also promotes better stocking in war which is a key element to netting.

Sov Game profile

May 10th 2014, 2:13:24

I might also add that having restarts with the same name was included with what I initially proposed to qzjul as restart bonuses prior to his implementation of them.

archaic Game profile

May 10th 2014, 2:54:27

See, I actually hate that part. Coming up with restart names was always one of my favorite parts of warring.

2nd tier mobster lapdogs
RD DPed by Sof n Laf
1ivan1flamey1cup
nutha ez win 4 sof huh
SOdomize Flamey SuperPAC2012
Dont shoot Im a tag jumper
Scode was a real leader sov
nibbled 2 deth by lapdogs
I C ivans panties N a wad

Honestly, if I was still playing it would be so I could war, then die, then insult my enemies with restart names. Who wants to have a war restart named 'Trick or Treating with Tisya'???

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

May 10th 2014, 3:21:16

I'm not really a genius or anything but.... Given what scode was able to do then restart with 50k acres still... Kind of makes a sucider, who isn't a complete retard, quite a nuisance.

I mean my god, I have a good stockpike, if I wanted to wreck havoc on at least 20 different countries I could, then restart and do it again. Rinse and repeat for probably 3 times or so. That's a lot of havoc for one country to be able to dish out.

To me it seems like a sucider intent on causing the most damage possible is really buffed by this change.

iScode Game profile

May 10th 2014, 3:33:36

'Scode was a real leader sov '

I bet you regret making that name now :P
iScode
God of War

DEATH TO SOV!

En4cer Game profile

May 10th 2014, 4:20:38

same thoughts as Warrior here.

bstrong86 Game profile

May 11th 2014, 2:25:16

TTT

Lets not let this discussion go unnoticed
The Death Knights

XI

tellarion Game profile

May 11th 2014, 3:25:08

What about lowering the bonus for the first restart but raising it for subsequent restarts? Maybe like 20% for first, 40% for second, 60% for third. Just a thought.

BILL_DANGER Game profile

May 11th 2014, 3:28:03

THE RESTART BONUS REALLY DOES HELP UNEVEN WARS BE LESS OF A COMPLETE SLAUGHTERFEST, BUT BY THE SAME TOKEN IT HELP SERIAL GRIEFERS LIKE not your average land farm AND THE FOUR OR FIVE RESTARTS HE HAS MADE.

HOW ABOUT DR ON RESTART BONUS? BY THE THIRD OR FOURTH RESTART YOU ARE BACK TO STARTING FROM SCRATCH..

bstrong86 Game profile

May 11th 2014, 3:30:28

So, you want the restart to be in DR? Comming oop?

Unless i misunderstood..
The Death Knights

XI

BILL_DANGER Game profile

May 11th 2014, 3:36:25

NO THE BONUS ITSELF SHOULD DIMINISH. FIRST RESTART FULL BONUS, SECOND RESTART SOME FRACTION OF BONUS, ETC

tellarion Game profile

May 11th 2014, 3:42:26

By its very nature, it already does that, as it's taking a percentage of resources when you die. Are you suggesting just accelerating that process?

BILL_DANGER Game profile

May 11th 2014, 3:57:29

Originally posted by tellarion:
By its very nature, it already does that, as it's taking a percentage of resources when you die. Are you suggesting just accelerating that process?

PRETTY MUCH. I SPENT A BUNCH OF TIME LAST NIGHT TRACING BACK #732 AND MARVELING AT HOW MANY ACRES HE HAS MANAGED TO MAINTAIN.

SAM_DANGER Game profile

May 11th 2014, 4:19:16

Personally, I think a return to the ramping up which this system replaced would be better, but BILL'S suggestion would I believe be a reasonable compromise.

Take #732 for instance. He has restarted five or six times now. He doesn't have any resources that his country creates (or very little). He hits countries for cash, buys jets with the cash, keeps them out on PS so they can't be destroyed. At this point on his current restart, he has 675 defends. That means when he is finally killed, he'll come back with 80% of his jets, and do it all over again.

I believe "griefers" like him help to slow this server's degeneration into a happy-time grab-ass hand-holding competition, so I don't think they should be eliminated by the game admins. But I also believe they should not be keeping the spoils of their activities after they die. Alliances should have some way to at least hurt them. Currently, they have none.

At least if the restart bonus was reduced with each successive restart, a player could only run a cash-stealing country two or three times before having to actually build a country that produces something again.

Besides all that, unless I'm mistaken, the intent of this new restart system was to lessen the frustration of players who lose their country in mere seconds, after working on it for a month or more. But if they're killed twice, they're done netgaining for the reset anyway. Might as well let the winning alliance go ahead and win, rather than dragging the wars on for longer.

Xinhuan Game profile

May 11th 2014, 6:21:48

My only suggestion is to keep the restart bonuses as is, maybe lower the % slightly more by 10%.

However, players should have 2 choices:
A) Restart with same country name - get the restart bonuses.
B) Restart with different country name - no restart bonuses.

Duna Game profile

May 11th 2014, 6:36:40

Restart bonus is totaly ok. Stop fluffing cry about changes every time it used agaist you.

BILL_DANGER Game profile

May 11th 2014, 6:44:35

Originally posted by SAM_DANGER:
But if they're killed twice, they're done netgaining for the reset anyway. Might as well let the winning alliance go ahead and win, rather than dragging the wars on for longer.

THIS. A THOUSAND TIMES THIS, IS EXACTLY WHAT I MEANT WITH MY SUGGESTION OF "DR" ON RESTART BONUS. *SOME* RESTART BONUS HELPS KEEPS THINGS INTERESTING FOR MORE THAN 24 HOURS IN LOPSIDED WARS (NOT THAT THEY MIGHTY CLAN [DANGER]! KNOWS ANYTHING OF LOPSIDED WARS.. HA!!!) BUT AT SOME POINT, YEAH, ONE ALLIANCE WINS AND THE OTHER NEEDS TO JUST STOP AND GO LICK THEIR WOUNDS AND REGROUP.

EVEN PLAYERS AS CRAZY AND PERSISTENT AS THE MEMBERS OF DANGER WILL AT SOME POINT START THINKING "fluff IT, MAYBE I SHOULD JUST GO DO SOMETHING ELSE AND COME BACK NEXT RESET." IT TAKES A SPECIAL KIND OF SOCIOPATH TO HAVE RESTARTS NUMBERING IN THE DOUBLE-DIGITS.

HA!
BILL

tellarion Game profile

May 11th 2014, 6:58:46

And what does the winning alliance do? Net out the rest of the set in a mediocre fashion?

Xin, that's an interesting idea, but we know the restarts of suiciders almost all of the time already. That wouldn't have any impact on suiciders, imo.

Boltar Game profile

May 11th 2014, 7:25:33

id like it if, they had units ps'ed and died they dont get them with the restart, also i think if u die, u need to lose permanent bonus's like defense and such, or atleast a %. maybe also as well, lose a bigger portion of ur military when u dies.. especially spies, doing spy op's from a restart is very beneficial

BILL_DANGER Game profile

May 11th 2014, 7:42:22

Originally posted by Boltar:
id like it if, they had units ps'ed and died they dont get them with the restart, also i think if u die, u need to lose permanent bonus's like defense and such, or atleast a %. maybe also as well, lose a bigger portion of ur military when u dies.. especially spies, doing spy op's from a restart is very beneficial

+1,537

LOSS OF STUFF OUT ON PS SEEMS QUITE REASONABLE.. OR AT LEAST GETTING RID OF THE WORKAROUND OF USING PS AS A WAY OF *SHIELDING* UNITS FROM LOSS WHEN YOU ARE FULLY EXPECTING TO DIE.

ALSO, COULDN'T AGREE MORE BONUS POINTS SHOULD APPLY TO COUNTRY NOT TO RESTARTS!

..AND I SAY THIS ALL AS ONE WHO SOME WOULD (OR AT SOME POINT DID, BEFORE THEY REALIZED HOW AWESOME AND ULTIMATELY RATIONAL WE ACTUALLY ARE) PROBABLY CALL A "SUICIDER!"

HA!!!
BILL
NINKASI, fluffES.

SAM_DANGER Game profile

May 11th 2014, 11:00:56

Originally posted by tellarion:
And what does the winning alliance do? Net out the rest of the set in a mediocre fashion?

That depends on who they are and what they want.

If they're LaF, they win the war and place several people in the top 10.

It doesn't matter what they do. My point was that past a couple of restarts, the stated goal of making those who have lost their country not cry is gone.

Honestly, I think if someone gets so upset when their country is killed that it makes them want to quit the game, they probably shouldn't be playing on the alliance server in the first place. Or they should be playing in an alliance like Omega who almost never get their members killed.

tellarion Game profile

May 11th 2014, 11:45:17

If I am in a warring alliance, I want to war. If the war is over in a week, what should I do for the remainder of the set? The idea behind these changes was to make wars last longer, so you don't have to sit around and twiddle your thumbs for half the set, and yes, to reduce the pain of being killed and allow you to get back into the fight more quickly.

I think most people agree that it accomplished that much, at least, although maybe not quite as much as it could have. And of course, the main issue we're all concerned about: it also boosted suiciders :/

Boltar Game profile

May 11th 2014, 13:56:40

This will be fixed. As a lot of netting people got hit. And probably will again by the same guys restart

Alin Game profile

May 12th 2014, 12:25:14

Make "declare war" an option here. IF a country is killed by other countries that have declared war upon it, restarts with penalty. The bonus is 40% + no. of hits. Make the "declared war upon" restart to be 10% + hits. Or you can make a restart to get it`s bonus depending on how many civilians lost to countries that have already declared war upon it ( this way breakers must declare war in order to effectively kill that country ).

Also the "war declaration" must stay active , 24 up to 48 hours after the kill is done so it won`t be abused in wars.

You shoot 2 ducks here.
First, the alliances can focus on suiciders and disable their further actions with a 1st kill.
Alliances learn to hit the most valuable countries of the opponent during their war.

Gives extra-something to the game.

P.S: i don`t know how easy or hard is this - to encode.

Edited By: Alin on May 12th 2014, 12:38:45

Alin Game profile

May 12th 2014, 12:30:20

Overall i think the restarts are fine @ 40% when alliances are waring. Just find a way to prevent suiciders restarting with the same amount.

WArriOR Game profile

May 12th 2014, 13:01:26

Originally posted by Alin:
Overall i think the restarts are fine @ 40% when alliances are waring. Just find a way to prevent suiciders restarting with the same amount.

agreed!!
Ninja Kicked the Dam Rabbit

trumper Game profile

May 12th 2014, 13:17:45

Spread the range to incentivize walling. Say 40-70% and then tie it to a number of successful hits from a non-affiliated tag.

archaic Game profile

May 12th 2014, 13:48:34

Originally posted by Alin:

Suiciding is part of the game, sometimes its a valuable political tool and needs to be an option. That said, I don't think restarts should be breakers the day they come OOP and I know that I myself have done that on occasion. Dying should have consequences, otherwise all wars will degenerate into AB fests.

(which would be kinda AWESOME!!!!)

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 13th 2014, 2:21:27

hm; so people just don't like how it helps suiciders?

i know Sov wants the return lowered a bit; some others at the top too -- is the motivation suiciders, or wars?
Finally did the signature thing.

RaTS FYA Game profile

May 13th 2014, 3:18:47

Why not make the restart rate decline in time, kind of like the opposite of the gs/br mins escalate over time

Most suiciders tend to hit closer to the end then the start, and most wars start more towards the start then the end. It could also add another element to when warring happens, if your warring a clan with better built countries hten you, maybe you wait longer, so there restarts will be weaker.
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

hsifreta Game profile

May 13th 2014, 3:23:04

i like it. period.