Verified:

NitelL Game profile

Jan 11th 2022, 19:10:26

Anyone keen?

The rule is... be a Tyranny casher (50% ent/res, some indies for spies). No tech start, only cash start. No theo switch allowed for destock either - you stay tyranny casher all set.

There's no real way to verify if you've been a tyranny casher all set, but really, do you wanna cheat in a browser-based text game that's 20 years past its prime?!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 11th 2022, 19:16:17

All X?
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 11th 2022, 19:16:55

All X?
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 11th 2022, 19:44:47

You shouldnt all-xp lol that makes it so boring. Tyr casher is all about overcoming the obvious disadvantages of the strat/govt combo by making use of everything else in the game to do so. :)

This was my attempt years ago:

https://imgur.com/a/ObxDVvq

keep in mind you guys have 100 more turns than this as well as more bots that are probably marginally better to hit, so you should all expect to beat this. :)

The rules of the old tyr casher challenge was just to run casher all set and be tyr all set, but we realized that there were three problems with this that ruined the competition for many participants:
1. It takes more time doing the build one turn -> buy tech -> repeat for hundreds of turns. (Takes long and is better but uninteresting from a challenge perspective since it just means who has most time wins)
2. We get farmed by players for being overly fat and we dont have enough money to retal and be safe from the ROR, and several of the challengers would end up quitting or in wars that prevented them from finishing the challenge.
3. We inflate the already high tech prices for the entire server if we were many doing this (which we were).

You can read about it here:

https://www.earthempires.com/...yr-casher-challenge-45633

Originally posted by Gerdler:
Another thought I had, and maybe to a large degree my fault for my suggestion earlier: We should have done tech starts and instead have very strict rules like for instance a that the last turn of teching has to be done on thursday(or perhaps even wednesday) or something like that and that we still had to be tyrannies for the tech phase.

That would have saved us all a lot of effort, inflated our NWs by quite a bit and we would still have to be tyr casher for 60%+ of the reset and specifically the end of the reset. We would also be less vulnerable to people who wants to bother us and we would not help inflate the techers NWs so much. Win Win Win. But alas I didn't really forsee that it would be so damned long to get techs up. I mean I spent like 700 turns mostly buying tech every other turn or so which was a pain. :(

Edited By: Gerdler on Jan 11th 2022, 19:50:28

NitelL Game profile

Jan 11th 2022, 20:05:06

Yea I was thinking grabbing tyr casher.

On point 2, yea I'd say part of this would be to determine how much land is ideal here - balancing sticking out like a sore thumb (relative to other players) and playing it safe and cash more/earlier.

On points 1 and 3, the problem with allowing a tech start is that how long of a tech start is valid, given that you can "tech start" for half the set on high prices, and then switch to tyr casher with 4b already stocked. lol I'd prefer to keep it simple, and just cash start and yea inflate the tech prices for some enterprising techer who will win the set.

All the tyr cashers also know this, so maybe they'll want to grab that enterprising techer too. xD

NitelL Game profile

Jan 11th 2022, 20:07:07

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
All X?

Maybe next challenge should be all-x commie techer. lol

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 11th 2022, 20:14:43

Ok I'll partake, no tech phase, some Indy for spies, 250 max?
(•_•)

NitelL Game profile

Jan 11th 2022, 20:44:29

250 max works for me. (If you grab more ICs, expect to rebuild ASAP!)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 11th 2022, 20:59:17

Agreed
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 11th 2022, 21:47:54

You do realize that this means you more or less cant spy your targets.

So now you are not only doing a simple tyr casher challenge. It's a very specific challenge with no variation allowed.

You are doing tyr casher + almost no spies + almost no tech + no retals + only blind grabs. The only thing that will set you apart is how often you buy tech and how often you get hit.

Ugolino said something worth note when we decided this in the other challenge:
Originally posted by UgolinoII:
WRT "what constitutes a casher?" I think we all know what a casher looks like!? (well most of us...)

If it don't look like a casher, then you are doing it wrong ;)

You should at the very least allow 10% ICs so you are not a sitting duck to every player in the game who can hit you and you cant even spy them to see if you can retal. A casher is still a casher if it runs some ICs for spies. Even last set in primary I had 20% ICs at one point, and if you spied me you would still have seen it as a casher.

Keep in mind, you should aim to beat my tyr casher from back then and I'm trying my best to give you the possibility to do that even tho you keep fighting to find a way to stay under 15m NW. :P

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 11th 2022, 21:53:15

Hmmm.....
(•_•)

NitelL Game profile

Jan 11th 2022, 21:53:27

I think 250 ICs is definitely enough spies to break most bots, though not really other humans.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 11th 2022, 22:00:44

Look at my ops. I think you see a casher. I certainly do. I don't even think its too many ICs compared to when I netgain normally with a casher in say primary:

https://imgur.com/a/ObxDVvq

It's what ~8% ICs. My slow growth pace meant it was probably more than enough, but it's still a casher right?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 11th 2022, 22:01:00

I'm OK with it, hopefully more people will partake!
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 11th 2022, 22:06:27

LOL I just found this:
We should be allowed to have at least some Industrial production since we can't just buy spies, otherwise the trolls will have a field day stealing cash (GDI doesn't stop bomb banks)

How does a Max of 200 Indy sound?

NitelL Game profile

Jan 11th 2022, 22:08:26

Wow so KoH here actually went with a 25% increase from his prior ask!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 11th 2022, 22:11:31

Originally posted by UgolinoII:
I think so long as any experienced player would look at your adviser page and go "why is that n00b running a tyranny casher" then you got it nailed. I'll basically be running my normal casher but with tyranny govt.

Originally posted by Player Z:
If you're thinking, "man, this is a really crappy country" then you're doing it right

Edited By: Gerdler on Jan 11th 2022, 22:22:42

NitelL Game profile

Jan 12th 2022, 0:43:56

I'm a turn 1 tyranny. None of that monarchy start bull. xD

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 12th 2022, 0:45:18

yeah especially because its verifiable if you switch then wait 5 min before taking a turn.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 12th 2022, 0:48:00

LOL I just found this:
We should be allowed to have at least some Industrial production since we can't just buy spies, otherwise the trolls will have a field day stealing cash (GDI doesn't stop bomb banks)

Good memory refresh, don't forget that was an all X challenge, I don't remember if we got trolled though.

Originally posted by NitelL:
Wow so KoH here actually went with a 25% increase from his prior ask!

Yup haha
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 12th 2022, 0:50:23

I'm a turn 1 tyranny. None of that monarchy start bull. xD

Done :-)
(•_•)

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 12th 2022, 0:56:04

LOL I just found this:

Good memory refresh, don't forget that was an all X challenge, I don't remember if we got trolled though.

No it wasnt.

The all xp challenge happened on a separate reset. I participated in 2 challenges; Tyr casher and 0cs... none of them were all-xp.
There were 4 challenges iirc. I dont know what the others were.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 12th 2022, 0:58:57

LOL I just found this:

No it wasnt.

The all xp challenge happened on a separate reset. I participated in 2 challenges; Tyr casher and 0cs... none of them were all-xp.
There were 4 challenges iirc. I dont know what the others were.

I only did one challenge that involved grabbing and it was the 0 cs
(•_•)

cordycsw Game profile

Jan 12th 2022, 1:01:44

ok lets go something weird this set haha

do we post our country numbers here? we should. then ppl who read the forum would disturb us lesser lol if not we can all whack that guy back

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 12th 2022, 1:04:57

Originally posted by cordycsw:

do we post our country numbers here? we should. then ppl who read the forum would disturb us lesser lol if not we can all whack that guy back

I'm game.. .42
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 12th 2022, 1:12:57

Looks like there's 4 of us :-)
(•_•)

TwoPodRay Game profile

Jan 12th 2022, 1:16:19

Looks like there's 4 of us :-)

I'm in!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 12th 2022, 1:38:59

Originally posted by cordycsw:

Last time this challenge was going some people who posted their numbers got targeted. :/

SuperFly Game profile

Jan 12th 2022, 2:16:08

I’ll try the challenge why not.

I R WoG SuperFly (#25)

Also Gerdler don’t you get tired of criticizing everything and trying to find a flaw in everything? It’s literally a text based game that you can redo every 96hrs. Live a little and quit ANAL-izing everything…

s Game profile

Jan 12th 2022, 2:59:09

have fun :)

currydubs Game profile

Jan 12th 2022, 3:17:55

Originally posted by SuperFly:

I R WoG SuperFly (#25)

Why? This is your time to backtrack and win one of those multiple sets you've claimed!

SuperFly Game profile

Jan 12th 2022, 3:37:16

Originally posted by currydubs:

I R WoG SuperFly (#25)

Why? This is your time to backtrack and win one of those multiple sets you've claimed!

Hi stalker girlfriend; haven’t seen you in awhile! Will you hold my hand and be my def ally this round?

Crackhead Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 12th 2022, 4:12:40

read first 5 posts ...will review

TieCash (#94)

SuperFly Game profile

Jan 12th 2022, 6:05:48

I sent KoH and crackhead a pact. Least you two wil see first hand if I get farmed into the ground and viceversa lol

Still have a def and intel open.

currydubs Game profile

Jan 12th 2022, 6:17:54

I R WoG SuperFly (#25)

Hi stalker girlfriend; haven’t seen you in awhile! Will you hold my hand and be my def ally this round?

Humour me, why did you make it up in the first place?

Rocky79 Game profile

Jan 12th 2022, 14:27:39

I think I'll play a fascist farmer just so I can farm all these tyranny cashers :)

SuperFly Game profile

Jan 12th 2022, 15:52:26

I R WoG SuperFly (#25)

Why is it that if anyone looks at your recent post history they are all about me? Are you a super fan of mine? If so I am flattered and yes I will let you buy me dinner!

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 12th 2022, 17:53:49

Originally posted by Rocky79:
I think I'll play a fascist farmer just so I can farm all these tyranny cashers :)

No, you need to feed us, it's more profitable!

I sent KoH and crackhead a pact. Least you two wil see first hand if I get farmed into the ground and viceversa lol

Still have a def and intel open.

I'll accept when I start getting D :-)
(•_•)

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 12th 2022, 19:47:18

This is actually a very entertaining challenge, I'm digging it 👍
(•_•)

currydubs Game profile

Jan 12th 2022, 23:13:50

I R WoG SuperFly (#25)

Why is it that if anyone looks at your recent post history they are all about me? Are you a super fan of mine? If so I am flattered and yes I will let you buy me dinner!

It was a simple question, yet you won't even an answer it. Fatally wound your ego have I?

BaDonkaDonks Game profile

Jan 13th 2022, 8:15:06

ok

SuperFly Game profile

Jan 13th 2022, 14:39:24

I R WoG SuperFly (#25)

It was a simple question, yet you won't even an answer it. Fatally wound your ego have I?

I also asked you a simple question. Why are you so obsessed with me and what I post or don’t post?

If I was wrong and mistakenly thought I won express pre bots based on how long I have played here so what?

Now why are you so obsessed with me?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Jan 15th 2022, 4:42:18

The round ends in 43.3 hours.
(•_•)

Kahuna Game profile

Jan 15th 2022, 13:32:52

Anyone keen?

The rule is... be a Tyranny casher (50% ent/res, some indies for spies). No tech start, only cash start. No theo switch allowed for destock either - you stay tyranny casher all set.

There's no real way to verify if you've been a tyranny casher all set, but really, do you wanna cheat in a browser-based text game that's 20 years past its prime?!

He's really going to act like he didnt suicide me 3 sets in a row. Specifically me, Idk how he kept finding me but nite kept getting his arse handed to him. Next time watch some black and white television instead like a old person should.

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 15th 2022, 13:50:06

It was cumorah who you kept warring every set, which you can clearly see after the set ends in the scores page.

https://www.earthempires.com/profile/3079/express

And you will see that you didnt kill Nitell this set either after this set ends.

0/2

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 15th 2022, 13:52:12

Also you were the only one who kept out of GDI so maybe, just maybe, that was how cumorah found you.

Go to eestats, write "!g" in special and find the non-bot...

NitelL Game profile

Jan 15th 2022, 15:12:21

Originally posted by Kahuna:
He's really going to act like he didnt suicide me 3 sets in a row. Specifically me, Idk how he kept finding me but nite kept getting his arse handed to him. Next time watch some black and white television instead like a old person should.

I'm pretty sure I've never even hit you, even once, in my entire couple decades playing this game. LOL I don't even know who you are!

cordycsw Game profile

Jan 15th 2022, 15:18:44

wow. so nitell got his arse kicked by Kahuna?

u guys got beef with each other?

SuperFly Game profile

Jan 15th 2022, 16:09:11

And just like that curryfool goes mia again. Damn stalker didn’t even buy me dinner!

Gerdler Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jan 15th 2022, 17:20:36

I think Kahuna is playing dumb when he says he thinks its nitell he's been warring for the past few sets. I mean he had every opportunity to look him up and Nitell has been t10 every one of those sets that Kahuna and his friend was warring.

I elect to believe nature/gods/God has filters built in to remove stupidity of this magnitude. I elect instead to believe that Kahuna is actually a mastermind who used the mutually agreed wars with cumorah as a false flag for this sets blindside kill of what was obviously a country participating in the tyr casher challenge played by a player who never did anything to Kahuna.