Verified:

xaos Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 25th 2011, 17:31:45

I wouldn't be surprised if this one's already been suggested, but what about being able to sell bonus points over the market?

Obvious issues would be point expiration, and therefore point hoarding for turns used during an FS. Can't say off the top of my head what the solutions to those would be.

Jade Penn Game profile

May 25th 2011, 17:44:19

I'd buy up points and use them for 100% off expenees, 100% off building costs, 100% resorse decay and so on.

aponic Game profile

May 25th 2011, 17:46:09

this has been brought up. i think it would lead to abuses.
SOF
Cerevisi

xaos Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 25th 2011, 18:35:11

Jade, that may be possible, but if (most)everyone's trying the same, the price increases, eventually to a balanced point, and it's no longer feasible to gain that much.

Aponic, what kind of abuses? I can't particularly see anything exploitable. Multies, buyouts and cheap market floods are all well-handled already.

aponic Game profile

May 25th 2011, 19:32:10

well i just mean through normal market manipulation. it is just my opinion that countries should not be able to exceed the amount of bonus points attainable to other players throughout the reset.
SOF
Cerevisi

xaos Game profile

Forum Moderator

May 25th 2011, 20:14:32

I guess my counterpoint to that is that everyone has just as much chance at attaining the bonus points as anyone else, whether it be on their own, or via market purchase.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

May 25th 2011, 21:27:23

the bonus points are balanced assuming a certain maximum per reset; if we did something like this we'd have to totally rebalance them

might be something to think about though? i dunno...
Finally did the signature thing.

Jade Penn Game profile

May 25th 2011, 22:12:47

it would not be good in the ffa as large clans could load one county at a time with max giving them a huge advantage. large fa chains clan wide would easily be able to buy up enough bonus's to max out important ones very quickly.

spawn Game profile

May 26th 2011, 8:56:46

this would just be the first step to RL-$$$ for bonus points imo, which i dont think is a good idea
/slap iZarcon

All your deleted countries are belong to me!

Twist Game profile

Jun 9th 2011, 21:51:24

What is it with everyone and his mother complaining about something can be abused.... So can the current market: Noone complains. So can the FA system: Noone complains.

Agreed, the abuse should be minimized, but trust the mods and admins to actually make sure that doesn't happen, and then lets have som more marketable goods and something more to fight for. As it is, the game is pretty much about crunching the same numbers every set, because you get EXACLY the same number of everything as last time. Aside from a minor variation in prices and your luck in exploration and missles creation, everything is already fixed.

Slagpit Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Jun 10th 2011, 4:05:34

The current system was designed with a daily cap in mind (to keep countries from getting too many extra turns at once) and with a server length cap in mind (to keep countries from running around with -100% military expenses, for example). Besides, it would be rather difficult to get a fair market price for something as abstract as bonus points.

xaos Game profile

Forum Moderator

Jun 13th 2011, 7:57:35

Just out of furthering discussion, what if they were marketable only after you've purchased a type of bonus? It seems being able to buy turns is probably the biggest negative argument against a change like this.

You'd spend your points as you do now. The non-boom bonuses would, as they are now, automatically be added to a country's stats. For boom bonuses, though, you'd have to activate them before they're consumed.

You'd then be able to send different types of bonuses to market. Say, for example, I'm going to sell 4.5% defense, 15 turns of cashing booms, and 3.5% market replenishment. This way, you can just omit bonus turns from being marketable. At this point, it's like a micro-tech market that everyone's able to contribute to.

If you're worried about someone running around with 100%+ stats, you could always introduce a hard cap on the particularly abusable bonuses, mainly military costs. Say, you cannot reduce your costs by more than 70%.

Thoughts?

Edited By: xaos on Jun 13th 2011, 8:00:48
See Original Post