Verified:

kemo Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 22:06:30

rock you should tell that to 265 :P
all praised to ra

locket Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 22:31:11

Rock 48 hours would be stupid. Why restrict grabbing even more when you are such a big proponent of making policies better for grabs.

Rockman Game profile

Dec 18th 2012, 22:35:29

Originally posted by kemo:
rock you should tell that to 265 :P

We made fun of him in IRC already :P

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Dec 18th 2012, 23:00:29

Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
Originally posted by Rockman:
Originally posted by Pontius Pirate:
LaF's view on what constitutes an RoR seems to be different from most of the rest of the server's.

LaF's view is 24 hours grace period after doing a retal. While I think it should be changed to 48 hours, I wasn't aware that most of the server was different from that.
I've had the impression that if another LaF country hits the retalling country and doesn't send a retal message (even within 24h), LaF doesn't consider it a RoR. Is that wrong?

If someone treats such a situation as a RoR LaF will not contest it.

Thomas Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 0:27:17

Originally posted by locket:
Rock 48 hours would be stupid. Why restrict grabbing even more when you are such a big proponent of making policies better for grabs.

Because you can easily RoR and claim it was a LG? There are how many countries on this server, if you can't find another target within those 48 hours, you have an issue.

If you don't like a certain tag has a 48 hour RoR policy, then don't hit that tag. You cannot force your retal policy on another tag when you're the aggressor. It doesn't work that way.

tisya Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 0:45:11

Originally posted by CandyMan:
hey tisya, let's sip hot chocolate together ;)

Only if you let me put you on a leash CandyMan ;)
Tisya
PDM's HFA and Resident Princess <3

The Cloaked Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 1:10:40

Originally posted by Thomas:

You cannot force your retal policy on another tag when you're the aggressor. It doesn't work that way.

I think there are plenty of examples of it working exactly like that.

See, LAND:LAND policies.

Thomas Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 1:20:52

Doesn't work that way with me.

When you hit a tag, you should expect them to retal according to their retal policy, not yours. Otherwise why would they have a retal policy?

If you have a problem with their retal policy, you either avoid that tag, or hit them more to attempt to provoke a war over it.

LaF loves to net, yet they love to throw their weight around at the same time.

Rockman Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 4:08:06

Originally posted by Thomas:

LaF loves to net

Really?

bertz Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 4:57:58

If you try to outrun retals, just make sure that your clan mates does not whine if other clans do the same to you.
Make sure your all-ex countries don't whine about it.

NewHorizon Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 5:41:32

*eats popcorn*

All this excitement starts to make me want to play a real country again :)

KriSatZ Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 6:52:11

Originally posted by bertz:
If you try to outrun retals, just make sure that your clan mates does not whine if other clans do the same to you.

If they are ex countries, that would mean they disagree with something at LaF or are playing under a new leadership so would have nothing to do with LaF anymore, wouldn't it?

Anyway, thanks TAN. Grabbing in this game is an interesting concept that I am yet to really get my head around. It almost seems to me like ghost acres are the problem. But I come from a very different game when it comes to grabbing. This thread is helpful.
Success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are.

LaFamiglia - zKriSatZwpn - LaFamiglia

locket Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 7:08:42

Explore not ex Kristatz :P

ebola Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 8:43:47

Originally posted by KriSatZ:
It almost seems to me like ghost acres are the problem. But I come from a very different game when it comes to grabbing. This thread is helpful.

Ghost acres are probably a combination of "the problem" and "the only thing keeping grabbing worth it", without GA this would quickly become a game of "who runs the best all-explore country" I think/fear.

anitasanchez

Dec 19th 2012, 8:49:26

Originally posted by bertz:

more importantly don't whine when you get tagkilled.

wari Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 18:46:18

Originally posted by ebola:

Ghost acres are probably a combination of "the problem" and "the only thing keeping grabbing worth it", without GA this would quickly become a game of "who runs the best all-explore country" I think/fear.

Yes.

It was.

Marshal Game profile

Dec 19th 2012, 20:28:36

Originally posted by ebola:

or who has best landfarms.
Patience: Yep, I'm with ELK and Marshal.

ELKronos: Patty is more hairy.

Gallery: K at least I am to my expectations now.

LadyGrizz boobies is fine

NOW3P: Morwen is a much harsher mistress than boredom....