Verified:

Riddler Game profile

Mar 29th 2014, 11:04:53

does a tyranny end in the top 25?

RaTS FYA Game profile

Mar 29th 2014, 13:07:38

Whenever someone decides their buyout/fa recipient country is a tyranny??
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars

issactan Game profile

Mar 29th 2014, 13:40:48

depends on if you want to make it top 25.

Twiz Game profile

Mar 29th 2014, 21:08:22

Originally posted by RaTS FYA:
Whenever someone decides their buyout/fa recipient country is a tyranny??

^^

PapaSmurf Game profile

Mar 30th 2014, 1:13:44

21 times

Riddler Game profile

Mar 30th 2014, 18:16:27

I was just seeing that I am still the only tyraany in what appears to be the top 15 right now, I know that is bound to change but was curious about how overall my country fared, being as I did not FA myself or receive any buyouts etc... I played my country as a 1 man country as I would in alliance, and had 0 allies the entire set. Yes I made some errors but seriously this is my first real attempt at netting.

TheLaE Game profile

Mar 30th 2014, 20:38:34

Well, first, the reason you don't see Tyranny's in top 25 is because they switch to Theo for the PM sell and resell ability.

I had a few in the past top 25 that after their land phase during destock I converted to Theo
Just Another LaEzy Old Man

Riddler Game profile

Mar 30th 2014, 22:33:20

Originally posted by TheLaE:
Well, first, the reason you don't see Tyranny's in top 25 is because they switch to Theo for the PM sell and resell ability.

I had a few in the past top 25 that after their land phase during destock I converted to Theo

guess I really need to learn to net properly lol

Twain Game profile

Mar 31st 2014, 14:36:58

Another thing worth mentioning is that unless you've got a lot of stock left, being t20 late in set doesn't necessarily mean you'll stay there.

For someone making their first real attempt at netgaining, you've done well, but again, if you don't have much stock left to continue to grow, you'll find that your country will continue to fall further and further (also, just for future reference, you picked a good set to netgain--many major clans that could have had impact on total networth and top 100 countries (most notably PAN, but ICD and NBK as well) warred this set.

at 130M as you currently are, that will usually, but not always, get you a t100 finish, but usually it's towards the bottom of the top 100 if it makes it.

This isn't to discourage you, because again, if you're making your first real attempt at netgaining, 130M is a decent effort, it's just that you'll have to up your game if next set ends up being a set with a lot of clans netgaining.

Dragon Game profile

Mar 31st 2014, 19:52:27

Tyrannies can make top 25 just as easily as most other govs. Like every other Government type, a Tyranny has an "ideal economy" (or two) as well as drawbacks that balance out the strategy.

Land gains, reduced military upkeep and number of possible attacks are on the side of a Tyranny. The only drawback they have relative to a Monarchy is their decreased Per Capita income.

That means you shouldn't run a Tyranny Casher if you want to make the top 25. Farmer and Techer with relevant maxed techs and acres come to mind, but I suppose you could run a Tyr Indie or Oiler as well.. I don't like either of those economy types because IMO, they're the most unpredictable of the lot and are subject to more fluctuation than other specializations.

If you refine your question to how often a Tyranny gets Top 10 or wins the reset, that's rare air.

Riddler Game profile

Mar 31st 2014, 20:39:14

Thanks guys... I know a lot of people FA chain their best chance into the top spots, or so I've heard. I wanted to do as well as I could without doing any of that. I am proud of my tyranny, I just need to learn better netting strats. I started my destock a bit too early, I screwed up a few times and sold way too much stock way too early had a few kill runs which I used my top country to hit with... should have swtched governments to destock.. a lot of things I could have done better but hey, what do ya expect from a war guy

ArsenalMD Game profile

Mar 31st 2014, 20:42:19

moooo

Warster Game profile

Game Moderator
Primary, Express, Tourney, & FFA

Mar 31st 2014, 22:25:10

Well most don't pick their best chance and fa chain/market transfer to the top, it's nornally.. you pick a country at the start of the reset and plan accordingly to feed as much resources you can to it.
FFA- TKO Leader
Alliance- Monsters

MSN
ICQ 28629332

RaTS FYA Game profile

Mar 31st 2014, 23:38:39

Riddler if you want to learn to properly net, ICD is recruiting. Focus.ghqnet.com
<~qzjul> it gives you a good introduction to orbital mechanics and a good appreciation for how central delta-V is and thrust to weight ratio
<RaTSFYA>The only thrust to weight ratio I'm worried about involves the women I pick up at bars