Verified:

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 24th 2015, 2:32:12

So..only couple countries over the 10k land so far, how many were there this time last week?, anyone know?
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 24th 2015, 2:55:06

Dont have to calc for spies/tanks ect. The turret is the highest defensive piece. So as long as you calculate as if they have all turrets, (as vic described) you'll nvr have to use spy ops. You just send 1.1 oversend and you'll win 99% of the time.
Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

Vic Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 3:48:26

Originally posted by Getafix:
Thats all very well, but the bot is probably (certainly) making spies,troops, tanks and jets as well, so how do you estimate what you need for an attack without a spyop? Its just a gamble.

ok so i don't usually drop knowledge on you all ...

but huh????

a turret is worth .6 and a tank is worth 2 ....
therefore, a turret is worth 30% as much nw as a tank. (we'll get back to this. write this down in the notepad)
a troop is worth .5 (25% as much nw as a tank).

so, say we've already accounted for land NW, and now we must account for 100k NW leftover, which we will always attribute to military. as the whole goal is to ensure we are true god pros and we don't fail OOP blind grabs, we don't care if the nw unattributed to land is actually tech or spies or jets (i.e. non land non defensive military NW - write that term down, please) we make the most conservative assumption and assume the entire 100k non land NW is the DEFENSIVE military unit worth the least amount for it's power: i.e. to assume it is this unit is to attribute the most possible defensive nw to the nw unattributed to land, which ensures we assume the max possible D in the event that all other nw is all turrets (it NEVER is, lol, but we don't care. we just don't want to fail. and for good reason - these grabs can easily be 500 acres)

ok so now back to the top.
while a turret is worth only 30% as much nw as a tank, it yields 50% as much power.
a troop is only worth 25% as much as a tank, HOWEVER it in fact does yield 100% of the power per NW.

so the turret is the defensive military unit we are looking for.
100k NW of all turrets is about 166k turrets. so 166k defensive units.
100k NW of all troops is 200k troops, but ONLY 100k defensive units (we def don't want to use this for our MUST BREAK calculation)
100k NW of all tanks is 50k tanks, so again ONLY 100k defensive units (notes again kids - this is why we buy troops and tanks from private first...)

so once we consider the most conservative full defensive scenario we obviously consider all turrets which simulates the MOST defense possible (again, it's always less) and ensures we always, always, alway break.

here's the dea kids. i retired from this game a true legend in 2004. i messed around on this server for a year or so and then finally named my country "lol score" last set and ditz walked into a 44m win in a crazy expensive tech and oil set.

i back to back t10 non landtraders in alliance like it's my day job ... when everyone else goes 100k land traders

i am truly god-tier and I don't ever want to be questioned on this forum again.

https://alexandriadarcy.files.wordpress.com/...-nye-dropping-science.jpg

/knowledge dropped

Edited By: Vic on Apr 24th 2015, 3:59:48

Vic Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 3:49:34

LOL OR what celphi said.
nubs

Getafix Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 24th 2015, 4:02:00

So you calculate it like that and ovesend by 100%? Sound inefficient to me. The bots never make 100% turrets.

Vic Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 4:04:57

inefficient? at turn 180-250 we are talking assuming like 80k turrets when in reality they may have 50k. so that's a 30k oversend potential which is the cost of insurance to ensure 250-400 acre grabs, that early in the set (which have a net benefit of being worth more, that early on, than they do later on... so especially important to convert on these early big grab opportunities). multiply that by 2-3 times and within the first few hundred turns of the game you could be 1k acres bigger at the cost of maybe 30-40k more jets PS'ed than needed

stanrools Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 4:05:03

and that's the math behind how 0 spy country's land grab and do it well.
Techer to win it all.

Vic Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 4:17:50

haha only for the first few hundred turns. after that you definitely need spies or it becomes WILDLY inefficient to try to over guess on 2-5 m turrets :p

h2orich Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 4:19:53

I rather use a turn to take a spy, we have 360 turns here everyday.

Vic Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 4:24:41

lol but only 1600-1800 total?
vs alliance has how many?

you of all people knew in the 48m nw round how precious turns are!
but i agree i usually spy because it's land that's most important. early turn oop blind grabs can be worth it but not more than a few each set

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 24th 2015, 4:29:09

By using a turn on spying, you could be building a CS. 100 spy ops over 1900 turns is 30 extra BPT.

And if you're a techer, that's 100 * TPT. You get the picture...

NukEvil Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 12:09:28

Originally posted by BUTTMAN:
i bet its Nuk :D

Nope, I don't have a country. Just someone mimicking my Golden N00b country's DR service from long ago.
I am a troll. Everything I say must be assumed to be said solely to provoke an exaggerated reaction to the current topic. I fully intend to bring absolutely no substance to any discussion, ongoing or otherwise. Conversing with me is pointless.

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 24th 2015, 17:30:24

Originally posted by g0nz0:
Also, when you multi-tap landfarm, make sure to tell him it was because you are trying to determine diminishing return calcs for a spreadsheet you are designing for excel. He LOVES helping players! ;)

kekeke :)
Finally did the signature thing.

mrford Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 17:32:20

Also, when you multi-tap landfarm, make sure to tell him it was because you are trying to determine diminishing return calcs for a spreadsheet you are designing for excel. He LOVES helping players! ;)

I don't know if that was sarcastic or not but I help a ton of players both ingame and on IRC.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 24th 2015, 17:33:52

Yea I should default GDI express sometime soon, see how it goes; you can leave it right? I don't remember the rules....

also need spies on bots, forgot about that... need to make the manage API so they can actually set spies heh

mrford Game profile

Apr 24th 2015, 17:41:40

Once you join GDI you can not leave. Once you have made an attack you can not join GDI.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Apr 24th 2015, 18:35:51

Hm; could always make it so you can leave as long as you haven't made an attack; that'd work...

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 24th 2015, 19:12:09

I like the idea. The only reason more players are sporting the non-gdi tag is to exploit the last 6 hrs of bots.

Hammer Game profile

Apr 25th 2015, 2:54:35

Originally posted by ebert00:
this is hillarious, maybe qz will have the bots join GDI next round.

+1

I am surprised this (bot killing) did not happen on the second round we had them. bot busters....

Edited By: Hammer on Apr 25th 2015, 2:57:48
See Original Post

UpTheIrons Game profile

Apr 25th 2015, 3:31:40

bot beating ++

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 25th 2015, 4:30:56

Originally posted by Hammer:

+1

I am surprised this (bot killing) did not happen on the second round we had them. bot busters....

Ah yes, GDI so the bots continue to be farmed to oblivion, very convenient...

No bots have been killed.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

UpTheIrons Game profile

Apr 25th 2015, 12:10:58

No GDI on bots booooooo
hisssssss

The scarcity of land this set apparently got some people eager to break GDI. Haven't had a good rumble on express in a while.

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 25th 2015, 13:29:16

If the all the bots are entered into GDI, then they can focus all their resources into buying turrets. Right now they're buying pointless units.

If you make LG'ng the bots expensive, then they might not be so much of a target.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 25th 2015, 13:57:54

Originally posted by Celphi:
If the all the bots are entered into GDI, then they can focus all their resources into buying turrets. Right now they're buying pointless units.

If you make LG'ng the bots expensive, then they might not be so much of a target.

They can focus on turrets now if qz makes the adjustment.
(•_•)

Hammer Game profile

Apr 25th 2015, 21:47:57

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Originally posted by Hammer:

+1

Ah yes, GDI so the bots continue to be farmed to oblivion, very convenient...

No bots have been killed.

Not what I was thinking of, Koh, but I see your point. I was thinking of end of set farming and the longevity of having the bots around. For example, it appears someone drove all of the bots deep into DR this set from the start, right? Purposefully putting them deep into DR to prevent others from gaining anything from a hit, or did I misunderstand some posts I read? Either way, at some point, we are going to have a serial bot-killer knocking off the ones without GDI to either (a) stop the farming, (b) increase one's personal stats, or (c) just for the hell of it, taking land opportunities from all of us. You know we have a few who play only to stop the progress of others.

Right now, it's a foot race to the bots before they are deep into DR. I usually start late, so do not benefit as well as others, but that is my style, so am not complaining. It is how I chose to play. However, that can also be my advantage. With the DR already climbing by the time I start playing, I can even more easily identify the bots from the all-x'ers - most of which WILL retal near the end of the set.

I personally like the bots, like the addition of land targets other than each other, but we need to either give them a little defense, a helmet or something, or make more of them so it takes longer to get them deep into DR. But, there have been times when I needed one more grab and was able to find a bot with like a 100 jet break and I was able to hit my land goal. That should probably be adjusted...down to 90.....just kidding :) Really, unless that bot is representing a new player, he should be adjusted.

I also like how their continuing evolution is changing the game a bit..some are having to stop and look a little closer. I believe it was Mountain Yeti, or maybe it was you, KoH, who disguised their country as a bot. I think if people are honest, they are looking a little closer now before they hit. That almost screwed a few people up. Now, once the bot is ID'd, everyone knows.

Another argument, but I think most can agree, if someone can win the game by hitting only one or two people or bots, then that is better, IMO, for the new people who are learning to play and might otherwise have been bottom fed. It also gives new players a chance to learn to analyze a target and calculate number of units to send; improving their understanding of all of the formulas, etc. Easier to learn and gain confidence when the dude doesn't hit you back, and there is always next week to try again.

It is the perspective of the new players which I try to always consider because I can remember not very long ago just trying to get beyond $10 mil myself. (Hoping to get it this week, actually, after trying something stupid for the second straight week. If anyone talks to blid, tell him to PM me...need some advice.)

Those of you who know me, remember when my goal was just to finish in the top 10 one time. Then, it was just to hit $20mil once, which would place you in the top 10 almost every set, and many times in top 5, before the bots. Top 5 is more challenging now, and winning is probably something I will never do, because I do not want to get into farming. But, I understand why ppl do it and I do not resent it.

Thanks for reading; hope it makes sense. If not, read it again. (Not you, KoH; I know you got it!)

Edited By: Hammer on Apr 25th 2015, 21:54:39

Hammer Game profile

Apr 25th 2015, 21:57:28

Originally posted by UpTheIrons:
No GDI on bots booooooo
hisssssss

The scarcity of land this set apparently got some people eager to break GDI. Haven't had a good rumble on express in a while.

UpTheIrons, there was one last week down at the $500k level...lmao. Went toe to toe the whole weekend!!! Funny fluff, man.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 25th 2015, 22:16:16

Yup, I got your drift, bud, ya I did it in first set of bots when the names were ridiculous, I had "sexy" within the name to see if anyone would pick up on it hehe, then Yeti did it with the new names and I also gave it another go at pretending to be a bot.

I will confess, I'm Bureau of Land Management, silentwolf is the only person that knows since I've been talking to him in-game.

The reason I did it is to see how the server would adjust in such event (and of course I wanted to see some chaos, I admit to that as well :P ) I had fun doing it and reading the reactions on here LOL.

No hard feelings guys!

IMO, If I was qz I would adjust bots to block the purchase of jets, they don't need that, and build all their land so they don't get FAT, I think those would be quick fixes :-)
(•_•)

Hammer Game profile

Apr 25th 2015, 22:39:38

LOL...... That was a great country name for what you were doing. lmao.

SilentWolf usually keeps me in the loop on things, so I will have to talk to him about that. lol. Just picking at you, SW, if you are reading. Glad you are back, buddy!

g0nz0 Game profile

Apr 26th 2015, 2:49:58

I'm Bureau of Land Management......I've been ...in-game.

...to see how the server would adjust ...in ...chaos... :P ...fun ...LOL.

...hard feelings...!

...If ...qz... ...would ...just ...block the purchase of jets, they don't need that... I think... :-)

I think qz should have them buy ALL Jets & build spies. They retal with full blast SS or PS {your choice} after second grab, no calc, just max jets for pain or retal grab doesnt matter. 1 retal per hit after that. If they are meant to farm, then why make it difficult? If you abuse them, you get whacked. Simple is as simple does.

ebert00 Game profile

Apr 26th 2015, 4:22:51

This was an interesting round for sure. I actually had to grab non bots lol. Still got my land goal and even got it quicker than usual. Drawback was slightly higher turret expenses. And then tech collapsed. We will see how things finish up. Good luck to all.

Relax lah Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 26th 2015, 9:49:11

Nice one Koh, interesting twists to look forward to every week or so.
Express is fun lol

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 26th 2015, 14:44:14

I'm Bureau of Land Management......I've been ...in-game.

...to see how the server would adjust ...in ...chaos... :P ...fun ...LOL.

...hard feelings...!

...If ...qz... ...would ...just ...block the purchase of jets, they don't need that... I think... :-)

I think qz should have them buy ALL Jets & build spies. They retal with full blast SS or PS {your choice} after second grab, no calc, just max jets for pain or retal grab doesnt matter. 1 retal per hit after that. If they are meant to farm, then why make it difficult? If you abuse them, you get whacked. Simple is as simple does.

It wouldn't work. If it did, then bottom feeders would always win the game.

All the good players would go 99% turrets and 1 Jet PS. (well and maybe more for ghost acres). So the PS would bounce and they walk with no jet or oil cost loss.

If the bots were full turrets-GDI- and had their strategies fixed so that they made more $- then they wouldn't get farmed. I can't even code a bot on AI server because the market is so different than from EXPRESS, making it a pointless server to create a bot on. If he just allow us to make bots on EXPRESS, the bot advancements would skyrocket, mainly because I have time and he doesn't. :)

Celphi Game profile

EE Patron

Apr 26th 2015, 14:45:13

One other major flaw. If you have the bots go all jets., players would just Bomb Airbases, since they're not in GDI.

deezyboy Game profile

Apr 26th 2015, 15:22:38

vic is crazy good. spied him and was something crazy 600k + tech and 20k acres on turn 1000. def had the strongest country i've seen on express figured he would top 50 mil