Verified:

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 23rd 2021, 19:20:32

https://youtu.be/6X-MdkEsFa0

Bodies ain't even cold yet!!!

BTW, these cowards doing mass shootings don't follow rules, but let's ignore that fact, 10 more people dead in gun free zone, let's ban those scary looking guns!

Idiot.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6VRMGTwU4I
-=TSO~DKnights~ICD~XI~LaF=-

S.F. Giants 2010, 2012, 2014 World Series Champions, fluff YEAH!

BlueCow

Mar 23rd 2021, 19:23:18

We just need more gun laws in America. I think if we over regulate it like drugs it will eventually be regulated.

I find it funny that the shooter in Atlanta was damn near known as he was captured but it took them a day to release this shooters name.
Slag 12 - Chevs -15

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 23rd 2021, 19:24:42

Bad guys DON'T FOLLOW RULES.
Mess with me you better kill me, or I'll just take your pride & joy and jack it up
(•_•)

BlueCow

Mar 23rd 2021, 19:28:14

Originally posted by KoHeartsGPA:
Bad guys DON'T FOLLOW RULES.

Agreed.
Slag 12 - Chevs -15

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 23rd 2021, 19:29:39

The best solution for this is having trained armed security at all these mass gathering locations, they can limit the damage until the police shows up 20 minutes after the call comes in, it's not rocket science, really, the crazy asshole will get guns no matter how many laws with restrictions the government passes.
(•_•)

BlueCow

Mar 23rd 2021, 19:35:29

Even if you have armed guards the people will look for soft targets and avoid any target with the guards.
Slag 12 - Chevs -15

HEMPMAN1 Game profile

Mar 23rd 2021, 20:27:19

Exactly!! No regulations will stop criminals from being criminals.. Makes no sense for more and more regulation.. its just treating the law abiding owners as if they were the criminal element as they are the only ones that will follow the rules..

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 23rd 2021, 20:34:32

Originally posted by BlueCow:
Even if you have armed guards the people will look for soft targets and avoid any target with the guards.

This fluff happens in gun free zones, there's a reason they do it there, let's take that knowledge and run with it, the crazy fluff would think twice before entering a place where he can get dispatched quickly, their goal is to do mass damage without any interruption, let's take that away from them, if security at the malls are walking around with a firearm it will deter crime, pepper spray bottle is laughable.
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 23rd 2021, 20:57:01

What are your...ehm...thoughts on that area being a hotbed? It ain't much of a stretch from Co Springs on up thru Longwood and columbine high school, the planned parenthood shooting, the aurora theater shooting, etc to Boulder. I hate to say it this way, but that's only third worst shooting in that exact area, and maybe the 10th mass shooting there since 1999.

Politics or not (and I haven't watched the video but I assume it's about CO open carry laws), it can't just be purely coincidental that there is a mass shooting in that exact part of the country seemingly every other year. That's insane. Also insane would be having a mass shooting every two years and not wondering what the hell is different that we could change there.

Perhaps there's some psychology to the presence of guns. Like people dont fear them because they're around all the time so mentally ill people are more apt to use them? Or have access to them?

I actually don't know and am sort of meandering and speculating but I think you at least have the conversation before the inevitable 2023 mass shooting in Thornton. I mean. Like. What do you all think is the deal there? Stroking each other on the gun debate kinda doesnt answer what the fluff is with the mass shooting there every 2 years. Its bananas. If it's not an open carry thing, what is it?

Edited By: DerrickICN on Mar 23rd 2021, 21:00:12
See Original Post

GASCONADE Game profile

Mar 23rd 2021, 23:24:01

This fluff happens in gun free zones, there's a reason they do it there, let's take that knowledge and run with it, the crazy fluff would think twice before entering a place where he can get dispatched quickly, their goal is to do mass damage without any interruption, let's take that away from them, if security at the malls are walking around with a firearm it will deter crime, pepper spray bottle is laughable.

KOassGrenade

I agree with this

Chevs

Mar 23rd 2021, 23:37:24

Originally posted by DerrickICN:
What are your...ehm...thoughts on that area being a hotbed? It ain't much of a stretch from Co Springs on up thru Longwood and columbine high school, the planned parenthood shooting, the aurora theater shooting, etc to Boulder. I hate to say it this way, but that's only third worst shooting in that exact area, and maybe the 10th mass shooting there since 1999.

Politics or not (and I haven't watched the video but I assume it's about CO open carry laws), it can't just be purely coincidental that there is a mass shooting in that exact part of the country seemingly every other year. That's insane. Also insane would be having a mass shooting every two years and not wondering what the hell is different that we could change there.

Perhaps there's some psychology to the presence of guns. Like people dont fear them because they're around all the time so mentally ill people are more apt to use them? Or have access to them?

I actually don't know and am sort of meandering and speculating but I think you at least have the conversation before the inevitable 2023 mass shooting in Thornton. I mean. Like. What do you all think is the deal there? Stroking each other on the gun debate kinda doesnt answer what the fluff is with the mass shooting there every 2 years. Its bananas. If it's not an open carry thing, what is it?

Are you retarded or just being disingenuous?

CIA false flag training facility under the Denver airport ...
SOF Head Of Poop
2019-04-03 21:40:26 PS the stinky deyicks (#599) Beryl Houston (#360) LaF 30638A (43783A)
En4cer: Chevs... u would have beaten me by more than 100m

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 24th 2021, 14:45:25

Im confused. KoH said it was a gun free zone but Derrick is asking if it happens because it is open carry. Isn't that the point? Its showing what gun control provides. Just make the whole state gun free and see what that does to expand the area of this "hotbed".

There are a lot of open carry states. There are also states that prohibits open carry. (Long Gun - California, District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Massachusetts, Minnesota & New Jersey. Handgun - California, District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, New York & South Carolina)

Now look at the list of mass shootings in the past 5 years. Roughly 70 mass shootings. And out of the 70 mass shootings. Places (California, Florida and Illinois) that openly prohibit both handguns and long guns account for 24 of them. Of the other states (DoC, Mass, MN, NJ, NY & S. Carolina) that openly prohibit one or the other types of guns accounts for another 6. So 30 of the 70 mass shootings are in states that prohibit open carry.

Maybe we should start looking at why THAT is happening. I'm not super smart, but it seems to me that these lunatics that are killing people have a better chance of success if they are not met with citizens who have guns. You want to talk prevention? Start there.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 24th 2021, 14:59:51

You don't think armed trained security at these places wouldn't be effective to limit/stop the perp until the cops show up?

Passing more legislation that punishes law abiding citizens will not prevent lunatics from getting guns, it's absurd to believe that.

If I'm an asshole looking to cause damage I'm certainly not going to target a protected area, last I checked mass shootings don't happen in places where security is armed with more than a pepper spray bottle.
(•_•)

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 24th 2021, 15:07:08

That's actually true. And you make some good points.

The point I'm making is NOT that it is the fault of open carry. I'm asking, as a guy who does not have the answer, if it isnt the fault of gun prevalence, what is it?

Look, I'm from michigan. The only one I can think of is the Kalamazoo one in 2007 in my entire life. And that's the state that tried to kidnap governors with assault rifles, you know? Fertilizer bombs and fluff. Some michigan peeps are fully out of pocket with it and we dont have a mass shooting every 2 years.

My point is, you can absolutely say it is NOT the fault of open carry. But if you literally have nothing else to blame and focus the entire conversation on the "is or is not the fault of open carry," you're actually playing into the libtards debate. Because if the focus is ONLY on guns, they've already won the debate. Whether you make good points or not the debate is about open carry and not mental health or something.

So again, just shoot me that opinion. What do you think the deal is there? What's with the mass shooting every two years?

I partially blame proximity to mountain people for example. We have some wackjob Appalachian motherfluffers in PA but they're like 6 hours from the city. Maybe they have a pocket of extremists living in a close vicinity? How does that explain the school shootings tho? Perhaps CO has a larger issue of mental health especially in the Denver area than other states? Is there any data to support that? What's your feels on the cause?

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 24th 2021, 15:14:33

That's actually true. And you make some good points.

The point I'm making is NOT that it is the fault of open carry. I'm asking, as a guy who does not have the answer, if it isnt the fault of gun prevalence, what is it?

Look, I'm from michigan. The only one I can think of is the Kalamazoo one in 2007 in my entire life. And that's the state that tried to kidnap governors with assault rifles, you know? Fertilizer bombs and fluff. Some michigan peeps are fully out of pocket with it and we dont have a mass shooting every 2 years.

My point is, you can absolutely say it is NOT the fault of open carry. But if you literally have nothing else to blame and focus the entire conversation on the "is or is not the fault of open carry," you're actually playing into the libtards debate. Because if the focus is ONLY on guns, they've already won the debate. Whether you make good points or not the debate is about open carry and not mental health or something.

So again, just shoot me that opinion. What do you think the deal is there? What's with the mass shooting every two years?

I partially blame proximity to mountain people for example. We have some wackjob Appalachian motherfluffers in PA but they're like 6 hours from the city. Maybe they have a pocket of extremists living in a close vicinity? How does that explain the school shootings tho? Perhaps CO has a larger issue of mental health especially in the Denver area than other states? Is there any data to support that? What's your feels on the cause?

I see what you're saying and I don't know enough to know what those lunatics have in common other than lunacy, and bearing that in mind it solidifies my position for having armed trained security at mass gathering locations, it'll be the most effective tool to limit the damage these lunatics are out to inflict.
(•_•)

ZEN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 24th 2021, 15:50:40

If we are strictly talking cause and not prevention. That's a hard one.

We are a young country that was built on guns, freedom and democracy. We can be "compared" to other countries, but the fact is. We are unlike any country in history (this isn't a brag). So what may be a no brainer for Europe or Asia just isn't going to work here. Same with all issues we are dealing with. You get technology, population, and simplicities of life that have never happened to a young country like ours in a time like now.

I would think a behavioral investigation has been happening, but who knows if we can even trust an unbiased result. It is a social problem that is breeding social issues. Add to the fact that there are two camps and it is socially motivating to be a part of one of them. So you get pressures from both sides. Funding, political gains, scrutiny, publicly shamed, etc. It's a mess and even if we all believed it to be a single cause (I.E. its the guns fault - not enough or too many). I am not 100% sure if it will stop or decrease what is happening every year. Hopefully, either one would help. As a proud gun owner and supporter, I would go through more of a process or inconvenience if it meant it would prevent people losing their lives. What I won't do is go through more of a process or inconvenience for it to increase the number of incidents or a negative effect on me and no change in the current rate of incidents.

So looking at the solution is our best chance at preventing the cause. The only thing that every one agrees on is that the people committing these acts are scum of the earth and need to be stopped. It doesn't help either cause for it to continue.

BlueCow

Mar 24th 2021, 16:32:36

Originally posted by ZEN:
If we are strictly talking cause and not prevention. That's a hard one.

We are a young country that was built on guns, freedom and democracy. We can be "compared" to other countries, but the fact is. We are unlike any country in history (this isn't a brag). So what may be a no brainer for Europe or Asia just isn't going to work here. Same with all issues we are dealing with. You get technology, population, and simplicities of life that have never happened to a young country like ours in a time like now.

I would think a behavioral investigation has been happening, but who knows if we can even trust an unbiased result. It is a social problem that is breeding social issues. Add to the fact that there are two camps and it is socially motivating to be a part of one of them. So you get pressures from both sides. Funding, political gains, scrutiny, publicly shamed, etc. It's a mess and even if we all believed it to be a single cause (I.E. its the guns fault - not enough or too many). I am not 100% sure if it will stop or decrease what is happening every year. Hopefully, either one would help. As a proud gun owner and supporter, I would go through more of a process or inconvenience if it meant it would prevent people losing their lives. What I won't do is go through more of a process or inconvenience for it to increase the number of incidents or a negative effect on me and no change in the current rate of incidents.

So looking at the solution is our best chance at preventing the cause. The only thing that every one agrees on is that the people committing these acts are scum of the earth and need to be stopped. It doesn't help either cause for it to continue.

I wouldnt mind going through more of a process as long as it is reasonable. What I do mind is when they try putting a yearly price tag on owning a firearm.
Slag 12 - Chevs -15

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 24th 2021, 18:57:36

Yeah I think like something like a driver's license. And I'm a proud gun owner myself. I have 11 guns you know haha. More than I even need. I like owning guns. I'm American ffs. I'm not saying take those away even remotely haha.

I think something like a driver's license would be fine. Something I can lose if I'm like drunk with a gun in public 3 times you know haha. Most people can just have one but you have a quick background check and if you abuse it you can lose it. Also if you're too mentally ill or blind to drive, probably I'm ok with you not having a gun either. Somewhere in that ballpark and idk exactly how you execute it but itd be nice if it wasnt too invasive. Maybe just a box you check with your ID that gives you a G under endorsements for GUN OWNER. Some easy little thing like that.

(Edit: I just realized the above is a terrible idea because it probably would cause police to behave like scared dogs around people with the endorsement. And would probably result in more scared cops killing people. Obviously we dont want that. But something like that you know haha)

What's interesting to me is like, yes America has the most mental illness per capita...that's just a fact. You can blame a lot of things; the education gap, bad healthcare, even growing up poor with rich people staring down at you, that demeaning ass income equality gap. There's a lot of contributing factors to our mental health crisis in this nation. We all know I'm far from the craziest american person playing here, but I'm also totally open to talk about my mental illness. It's a problem here in america. And it's an obvious one.

But I think having the conversation about mental illness doesnt explain why greater denver metro and co Springs have a mass shooting before they can even forget about the last one. It seems like......plenty of states have those gun laws and dont have a mass shooting every 2 years. Plenty of states have a fluffload of crazy people. In fact, I think philly might even be much worse in terms of mental illness due to institutionalism and we don't have mass shootings like that.

There just has to be more to the debate than that. I don't have the answer but I just feel like there is one. There has to be something different as a contributing factor.

Edited By: DerrickICN on Mar 24th 2021, 19:07:28
See Original Post

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 24th 2021, 19:19:42

You don't think armed trained security at these places wouldn't be effective to limit/stop the perp until the cops show up?

Passing more legislation that punishes law abiding citizens will not prevent lunatics from getting guns, it's absurd to believe that.

If I'm an asshole looking to cause damage I'm certainly not going to target a protected area, last I checked mass shootings don't happen in places where security is armed with more than a pepper spray bottle.
(•_•)

BlueCow

Mar 24th 2021, 19:29:13

I think putting armed trained security at those locations would deter those locations getting hit. When is the last time you heard of a mass shooting at a professional sporting event?

There will always be a soft target somewhere that a shooter will exploit over a protected target.
Slag 12 - Chevs -15

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 24th 2021, 19:37:04

Yes so let's start with the basics, unfortunately government doesn't use logic.
(•_•)

BlueCow

Mar 24th 2021, 19:40:12

Yes so let's start with the basics, unfortunately government doesn't use logic.

Hence going overboard on gun laws and other laws to protect us.

We have laws about distracted driving and still people are killed daily by distracted drivers.
Laws about driving while intoxicated and people die daily from that.
Slag 12 - Chevs -15

TheLegion Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 24th 2021, 21:00:07

Yes, Gerd. An armed society is a polite society.
I mean these folks cry about the game but can't even forum correctly.
- galleri

trolls be trolling
- KoHeartsGPA

I'd rather have just the bad flu than the bad flu and migrants, so..
- braden

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 24th 2021, 22:08:09

Originally posted by TheLegion:

Funny you say that, when I moved to Oregon from California 21 years ago I was introduced to open carry, here in Oregon almost everyone outside Portland and Salem carries a gun and ironically they're the most polite and welcoming, when you visit Portland and Salem you get the opposite, rude and bad attitude is rule of the day, go figure!
(•_•)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 24th 2021, 23:00:32

If you break into my house I have a katana and I will cut you in half!

Syko_Killa Game profile

Mar 24th 2021, 23:16:52

Just ask my man Gerdler, he knows a little something about everything. He loves it when we speak of him on AT.

Fame Alert!
Do as I say, not as I do.

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 24th 2021, 23:46:43

Don't say his name 3 times.

Syko_Killa Game profile

Mar 26th 2021, 13:33:00

Originally posted by Requiem:
Don't say his name 3 times.

He will appear in your bathroom mirror, sitting on your toilet, reading.. 'The Daily Beast'
Do as I say, not as I do.

mrford Game profile

Mar 26th 2021, 13:41:52

Open carry is stupid. It should be legal, but I will never do it in public.

Makes you a target for Karens and those with mal intentions. I conceal carry everywhere I go. No one knows.

I only open carry when camping and hunting.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

mrford Game profile

Mar 26th 2021, 13:43:25

I think putting armed trained security at those locations would deter those locations getting hit. When is the last time you heard of a mass shooting at a professional sporting event?

There will always be a soft target somewhere that a shooter will exploit over a protected target.

NASCAR doesn't even metal detect. They just check coolers for glass. Never heard of an attack there. Weird.
Swagger of a Chupacabra

[21:37:01] <&KILLERfluffY> when I was doing FA stuff for sof the person who gave me the longest angry rant was Mr Ford

enshula Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 27th 2021, 17:10:14

is it legal to drink or be drunk while being armed?

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 27th 2021, 17:14:39

Originally posted by enshula:

That's a state-by-state thing, but as far as I know, no, it is not legal to carry a firearm under the influence.

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 27th 2021, 18:39:23

Originally posted by Requiem:

That's a state-by-state thing, but as far as I know, no, it is not legal to carry a firearm under the influence.

Technically drunk in public is illegal so that in it of itself will get you in trouble, it really falls in the officer discretion wether he charges you with disorderly or public intoxication, you really have to be belligerent to earn that misdemeanor, so if you're drunk in public and carrying a weapon (even a knife) it could escalate to felony, like Req said, it'll vary from state to state.
(•_•)

Requiem Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 27th 2021, 20:00:00

Don't forget the term 'under the influence' carries a slightly different meaning than 'drunk in public' - not to be picky here, but ya don't do it you will get in trouble :p

KoHeartsGPA Game profile

EE Patron

Mar 27th 2021, 21:33:47

Correct :-)
(•_•)

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

May 13th 2021, 17:00:39

The true answer to this is right in front of our faces. Pass a law that has all the democrats turn in their weapons, just like they want to do anyway, and there won't be any more mass shootings. Look at the political affiliation of all, not some, ALL the mass shooters.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

DerrickICN Game profile

EE Patron

May 13th 2021, 21:29:52

All depends what you're affiliated with I guess. Patrick Crusius and Connor Betts did mass shootings the same weekend. One an ardent trump supporter who drove 600 miles to kill a bunch of Latinos to "stop the invasion of their people into our culture," the other a "socialist leftist" Bernie supporter who "wasnt waiting around for these old men to die."

I think crazy comes in most shapes and sizes. What they have in common, nearly 2/3 of mass shooters have childhood trauma and around 80% suffer from mental illness. That is to say. Crazy comes in all shapes in sizes.

And judging from a variety of reports on this including from the WHO, the ECA survey, and the NCS along with European data from ESEMed and ENueropsychopharmacology, the US is absolutely amid a crisis. About 46.4% of americans will experience DSM-IV/mood/identity/impulse-control/substance-abuse disorders in their lifetime. Compare that too ehm.....27% in European countries and even less in Asian countries.

In america half of those cases started by the time the person was 14 and over 3/4 by the time they were 24.

All this is to say if you walk by 2 people in america, you can more or less anticipate one of them will have some crazy ass moments in their life. While politics may contribute to motives, too many of us are on the edge of the cliff too much of the time. Even if you did take the guns away, people would find the cutlery. We're far too mentally ill to be a peaceful people.

Prime

May 13th 2021, 22:18:37

...while politics may contribute to motives, too many of us are on the edge of the cliff too much of the time. Even if you did take the guns away, people would find the cutlery. We're far too mentally ill to be a peaceful people.

+1

mrford Game profile

Jun 15th 2021, 10:32:22

In my state, it is illegal to concealed carry while having any substance in you. But it is 100% legal to open carry blasted out of your mind.

Thought it weird, but I also think open carry is stupid.
Swagger of a Chupacabra