Verified:

texhomastud Game profile

Sep 2nd 2012, 3:17:08

Am about to buy my son an x-box or ps3 and have no idea which one is better...

There both about the same price(300.00)-so which one is the better quality product ???

which one do i buy ???????

Donny Game profile

Sep 2nd 2012, 3:18:19

tex you can get an xbox for like 120$ now :D
ICQ-105967052

Dear Asians who say they're not ninjas just because they're Asian,
That's exactly what a ninja would say.

ZIP Game profile

Sep 2nd 2012, 3:32:43

i like ps3 free network
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

Mr Emerald

Sep 2nd 2012, 3:42:39

Pretty much base it on what you want to be spending afterwards.

PS3 you get like ZIP has said free network, meaning you can play online for free. It also has blu ray in the system.

Xbox is pay to play online(3 months is like $20 give or take, and a year is around $50 give or take).

Both you have to pay for download content, but someone else can get into other details.
We are not the same, I am martian!
you are all retarded in the eyes of fluff
o o
( ._.) -----)-->
(_(' )(' )

RUN IT IS A KILLER TEDDY BEAR!!!

Pain Game profile

Sep 2nd 2012, 6:39:12

xbox is the better of the 2 systems. aside from bluray PS3 doesnt have much going for it over xbox. depends on how old your son is and what kind of games he will play. the biggest thing is which controller he prefers to use.
Your mother is a nice woman

Donny Game profile

Sep 2nd 2012, 11:45:07

also with xbox, the quality of gamers is much higher "bc they are paying for it"
ICQ-105967052

Dear Asians who say they're not ninjas just because they're Asian,
That's exactly what a ninja would say.

Cabrito Game profile

Sep 2nd 2012, 13:46:55

Actually they both are the same. Tho the PS3 is actually cheaper like some have said. Qualitiy of the games them selves are the same. And both systems have their own games like socom and kill zone for the ps3 and I forget which ones for the xbox. But if he is into like fifa or madden or ncaa then I would recommend the ps3.

I play ncaa a lot but not online much so with a ps3 I can download the roster names for free with out having to pay an extra after already having paid an arm and a leg for the game.

The ps3 also has a built in wifi where the xbox does not. I have also heard for the xbox you have to buy a keyboard for it if you want to type a message as the ps3 you can just use a regular pc keyboard.

So imho the ps3 actually is cheaper then the xbox tho however if he is a more competitive style fps gamer the xbox really is better due to more players with mics.

Bu if he is going to play like the games solo then I would recommend the ps3 cause if he just wants to play like zombies or something or cod then he can get the dlc for the same price as the xbox but doesnt have to pay for the online crap.

Tho xbox does gets dlc for games like cod a month before the ps3 does.
When the white man discovered this country,
Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.
White man thought he could improve on a system like this. - Cherokee proverb

Cabrito Game profile

Sep 2nd 2012, 13:47:50

Tho I do know the ps3 has controllers that a configured liked the xbox controllers and are wired too.
Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.

Havoc Game profile

Sep 2nd 2012, 15:49:08

Originally posted by Donny:
also with xbox, the quality of gamers is much higher "bc they are paying for it"

LOL wut.

They're pretty even, both have good exclusive games, both have a lot of the same universal games. I've had one of the original PS3's for 5-6 years now and it's still going relatively strong (whereas I know friends who've had to replace their xbox 3-4 times over that time span). I also know people who use their PS3 almost exclusively just as a harddrive for keeping shows and movies on to watch stuff and to stream video from your computer which you can do quite easily.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

xXxWaNgErxXx Game profile

Sep 2nd 2012, 15:56:01

I have both and only play the xbox with the kinect now... its worth the cost.

Pain Game profile

Sep 2nd 2012, 21:22:06

on average xbox players have more skill then PS3, at least when talking about FPS games. xbox is far more competitive. seems like most PS3 players are casual

xbox has exclusives like Halo, Gears of war, Forza

Your mother is a nice woman

ZIP Game profile

Sep 2nd 2012, 22:28:20

streaming is easy on the ps3 - if you have kids you must have netflix?
fluff your 300 Spartans fool - i have 32 of the biggest fluffed mother fluffers made of titanium !!
A brigade from Blackstreetboyz (#91) has invaded your lands! Your defenses held against the invaders and forced them away! Your military lost:1 Troops

LittleItaly Game profile

Game Moderator
Alliance, FFA, & Cooperation

Sep 3rd 2012, 4:27:12

find out what his best friends have. buy him that.
LittleItaly
SOL Vet
-Discord: LittleItaly#2905
-IRC: irc.scourge.se #sol
-Apply today @ http://sol.ghqnet.com for Alliance

kemo Game profile

Sep 3rd 2012, 4:32:21

tell him to go outside like the old days. the graphics are better
all praised to ra

Cabrito Game profile

Sep 3rd 2012, 12:35:27

Originally posted by kemo:
tell him to go outside like the old days. the graphics are better

+10000000000000000000000000000

lol

And Thanks pain I couldnt for some odd fricking reason remember halo and gears at least. Those 2 I know are the main 2 for the xbox. But yes xbox is more for the competitive gamer where ps3 is more for the causal gamer.

I myself am a cheap bastard so I prefer the ps3 for all the free stuff I do not have to buy extra that xbox does. Free built in wifi, free blue ray and free to play online.
Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.

texhomastud Game profile

Sep 3rd 2012, 12:55:23

Thanks to everyone for the advice...

It seems that PS3 offers alot of extras that x-box doesnt...

so PS3 it is --thanks again all

Havoc Game profile

Sep 3rd 2012, 13:02:29

Victory! :p

But really what LittleItaly said is also important.
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

Tin Man

Sep 3rd 2012, 13:36:20

Kinect pwns PS3 in the 'whole body experience'. The technology of the kinect is crazy. Also if you have waited THIS long to get a system might as well wait until the new generation of consoles come out. Xbox 720 is already in the works (GameInformer Magazine from published by GameStop).

Also there's supposedly this ultra badass Virtual Reality system coming out with Doom as it's launch game =D

jagernacht Game profile

Sep 3rd 2012, 14:01:04

Lol@ anyone who said the players are the same. I've owned both since they came out (which was separated by I believe 9 months to a year) and since then the quality of gamers on PS3, which began higher (for online multiplayer games) has dropped significantly. The Xbox has more expensive attributes in that you pay 5 bucks a month for Xbox live, but like others said you pay as much a you want out of it. Xbox comes out with 'free installed wifi' unlike what cabrito said lol. Sure we could argue all PS3s since inception have lost backwards compatibility in the same sense. It would be a redundant argument where we are explain how our Xbox or ps3 has never broken down and claim it means anything in the adult gaming world. I actively play on both consoles and recently bought a slim PS3 to shelf my deteriorating older PS3 and continue to play good quality PS3 exclusives, none of which are multiplayer games. I played BF3 and MW3 on ps3 for about a month before deciding it was time to play on my Xbox. I decided it was time to return to Xbox multiplayer gaming. Not only is the PS3 controller better suited for racing games, but it makes FPS games feel more sluggish. I'd have to say its great for kids and you should opt for it.

Like havoc and Cabrito said, the ps3 is a great computer add-on that can make your TV a virtual monitor using a keyboard and video streaming. It's more of a media center than a gaming console, which is great if you'd love to use it as such. I use like 200gigs on it for video storage too. Torrents can be downloaded directly to it as well!
they call meh juggsy!!!
AIM: juggernautnbk
MSN:
E-Mail:
http://www.LegendsAtEarth.com

jagernacht Game profile

Sep 3rd 2012, 14:04:37

Typed that on my phone. Any typos are the fault of fat fingers and the iPhones autoincorrect function
they call meh juggsy!!!
MSN:
E-Mail:

Frodo Game profile

Sep 3rd 2012, 16:17:04

Xbox is better. Can't play Halo on PS3....

Cabrito Game profile

Sep 3rd 2012, 16:20:00

Your the first person I ever heard say xbox has a built in wifi. People I know personally have said they could not afford the 99 bucks for the wifi add on which comes standard on a ps3.

Sony is more into electronics as to where mircofluff is more into software. Both do have their pros and cons. Sure the xbox is a bit better in gaming online but why do you want to pay 50 bucks a year to play a game online for when I can just about buy the same game on the ps3 and play it online for free.

Besides like I said I play a lot of ncaa in dynasty mode and with the ps3 so I do not have to pay 50 bucks a year just to download the rosters for free. Microsoft makes to much money as it is, they should just allow people to play online for free.

ps3 is more family friendly as to where the xbox is more for gamers. Yes the xbox has more games out for the kinect then the ps3 has for the move, but if I wanted that type of system I would just play the wii.

Plus it is also a preference to what people want too. So tex if you son just plans on playing once in a while then the ps3 is your best bet. If he plans on playing a lot with friends chances are his friends will have a xbox.

And btw if what I have heard about the next generation consoles is right then I will keep to the old consoles. I like to test games online before I buy just so I don't waste 60 bucks to find out I bought a crap game like brink. Which btw I traded in and got more for kz3 then I did brink.
Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.

jagernacht Game profile

Sep 3rd 2012, 18:39:52

http://xbox.about.com/...uide/a/360buyersguide.htm

above link shows Xbox 360 came out with wifi installed in june of 2010, a bit over 2 years ago. but before that it went almost 5 years without built in wifi, so its easy to have missed that if you owned an original xbox and never replaced. i sold my old white xbox (which didnt red-ring and i had it from launch til late 2010 when i desired the sleek black version) and got the new one since it matched my entertainment center so much more than the nasty white did

Originally posted by Cabrito:

ps3 is more family friendly as to where the xbox is more for gamers. Yes the xbox has more games out for the kinect then the ps3 has for the move, but if I wanted that type of system I would just play the wii.

i totally agree with this, that ps3 is more of a family friendly game. it seems that both at launch aimed for a global range of gamers from casual to hardcore, and lately have branched apart from each other leading to a casual ps3 online experience and a more serious oriented xbox online experience.

And btw if what I have heard about the next generation consoles is right then I will keep to the old consoles. I like to test games online before I buy just so I don't waste 60 bucks to find out I bought a crap game like brink. Which btw I traded in and got more for kz3 then I did brink.

haha i rented brink from redbox and kept convincing myself it was good just to keep playing, then stopped after i realized i was lying to myself and that game was fluff.

and on the point of killzone, thats an excellent example of great ps3 games (because the fact is BOTH consoles have great exclusives and gaming offline) that i keep my ps3 to be able to play. killzone, resistance, metal gear solid, heavy rain, uncharted, and god of war all comprise my ps3 collection and none has great if any online gaming, but all are so fun to play over and over in single-player modes i have to say it keeps me from being a microsoft fanboy.

and no matter which console you have, as long as it is NOT the nintendo wii (not a dig on nintendo, since i think the wii u shows incredible promise) you WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY RESIDENT EVIL 6 omgomgomgomaMgamgmgmamgmgmamgm. october 2nd the most badass single player game will be available to all (who own an xbox or ps3) :)
they call meh juggsy!!!
MSN:
E-Mail:

cRaZyDaVe Game profile

Sep 3rd 2012, 19:41:29

Your the first person I ever heard say xbox has a built in wifi. People I know personally have said they could not afford the 99 bucks for the wifi add on which comes standard on a ps3.

My Xbox came with WiFi
Originally posted by Twain:
I love the idea of sending even 100 troops into an area so they can go assassinate citizens one at a time.

Cabrito Game profile

Sep 3rd 2012, 21:29:18

Well I never played xbox I have always been a playstation person ever since I owned my first one way back in 98.
Indians were running it.
No taxes,
no debt,
women did all the work.

Tin Man

Sep 3rd 2012, 21:32:40

my reach xbox came with wifi as well and a 250gb HD

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 18th 2012, 23:47:16

I got my son both systems, the PS4 is dead already. Still plays regular DVD's, but the blu-ray laser is burnt out. Thus it can't even play the games since they are all encoded using blu-ray disks.

Go with the Xbox.
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

Havoc Game profile

Sep 19th 2012, 4:02:58

Well that's because you're buying gaming systems that don't even exist yet. :p
Havoc
Unholy Monks | The Omega

QM Diver Game profile

Sep 19th 2012, 6:49:31

My X-Box bent me over and fluffed me (using NO lube)out of an internet adapter, costing $100.00..

Good to hear they have stopped fleecing people for that...

My son is into Left4Dead/2, Halo, Dead Island,Mercenaries, Need for Speed, COD, Mine Craft, Medal of Honor, Blazing Angels and a myriad of others that he plays with his pals, online. In fact, you might need to curb his play, if it becomes a problem. ie. The quality of school work goes to fluff.. :O)
Natural Born Killers
PreZ

Cerberus Game profile

EE Patron

Sep 20th 2012, 3:28:21

Originally posted by Havoc:
Well that's because you're buying gaming systems that don't even exist yet. :p

TYPO NAZI, TYPO NAZI
I don't need anger management, people need to stop pissing me off!

NightShade

Sep 20th 2012, 3:44:05

Originally posted by Cerberus:
I got my son both systems, the PS4 is dead already. Still plays regular DVD's, but the blu-ray laser is burnt out. Thus it can't even play the games since they are all encoded using blu-ray disks.

Go with the Xbox.

Are you a smoker? tar build up from cigarette smoke on the lens can cause that, because the Blu-Ray laser shouldn't be burned out. You have to take the fluffer apart and clean the lens with a Q-tip and some rubbing alcohol and it should work. I had a similar issue with mine back in 2010 and instead of paying $150+ I watched a video on YouTube, and did it myself. And you know what? For being a system that's going on six years old, the only thing I have had to replace is the hard drive, and that's because Seagate makes inferior hard drives. :P
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. Stryke
Originally posted by Bsnake:
I was sitting there wondering how many I could kill with one set of chopsticks

ColoOutlaw

Sep 20th 2012, 6:16:35

Well I used to like Xbox till the 360 came out. I have had 4 different ones since then. I know I bought the very first generation and they have built them better since but I will never get over the extremely poor quality the first generations were built with. Xbox has better multi-player games and a better online experience then PS3 but PS3 is more of a better all around tool with a high quality blu-ray player. Don't get me wrong I have both and enjoy both very much. It's all personal preference. To be completely honest it could be a little age dependent also. I am not sure how old your son is but the Wii is more suitable for a younger age. They have the games such as Wii resort and all the Mario games which kids really seem to enjoy. This was obviously just my opinion but I hope it helped a bit. I am sure he will enjoy whichever system you decide to get him.

texhomastud Game profile

Sep 20th 2012, 13:28:53

I bought him the PS3.Now he has to wait 3 months till I give it to him.Christmas shopping is done :)

thanks to all for their opinion's.My wife and I dont know anything about game systems and such.We bought our first computer 2 years ago.I told her to let my fellow FFA'rs point us in the right direction.Thanks again everyone

Dragon Game profile

Sep 20th 2012, 15:23:14

My wife bought me a PS3 for Christmas last year. My only complaint was that it's not backwards compatible with my PS1 and PS2 games.

Truth is, if you son hasn't gonna on and on about his friends" Xboxes, he'll love the PS3.

Wanna have some fun? But Rock Band for the PS3. It'll set you back about a buck and a half for the game guitar, drum kit and microphone (maybe a little less in a bundle deal) but it's one of those things the family can do together. Group participation and all.

ericownsyou5 Game profile

Sep 20th 2012, 15:26:03

Originally posted by texhomastud:
We bought our first computer 2 years ago.

Wow. I'm going on my 6th since '96

Dragon Game profile

Sep 20th 2012, 15:46:12

I BUILT my first "computer" as a class assignment in Digital Electronics back in college in 1980.

It was an Intel 8080 CPU with an incredible 8K RAM. It also had to be "programmed" in Hexadecimal code.

I bought a Franklin ACE (AppleIIc Knockoff)in 1984 or so cause at the time, the coolest games were mostly in Apple format. WHile it lacked a battery and monitor, it was a "portable" computer and at that time, the Bee's Knees.

After that, I bought 2 or 3 IBM compatible PC's and started building my own rigs in the mid 2000's.

NightShade

Sep 23rd 2012, 6:38:21

heh :P I custom built mine in 2008 and aside from my ex fluffing up the monitor with some Windex, the rest of my system works just fine. After replacing the 20-inch widescreen monitor, I plan to upgrade memory to 4GB. Maybe see about replacing the motherboard so I can run 8GB of memory.
SOTA • GNV
SOTA President
http://sota.ghqnet.com

a.k.a. Stryke
Originally posted by Bsnake:
I was sitting there wondering how many I could kill with one set of chopsticks

QM Diver Game profile

Oct 2nd 2012, 15:55:29

My first one was a Vic 20.. Had a cassette tape for storage..
I remember I could do nearly nothing on that thing, and still felt like I was doing something, new and ultra high tech. Well, it WAS new, but I had no idea.. Nary a clue.. ;o)

I've been building puters from the hand me downs I'd collected from my friends, since the '486' days....
Until about 2 years ago, when I had some cash. (Something that happens rarely, since I got hurt)
I built this one, and was SO glad to save a batch of money, and still be competitive video and sound, and of course CPU speed.

I bought 8 gigs of ram, only to find that win7 can only use a little over 3? LMAO. I hadn't seen Win7 yet, and thought I owed to thnis new puter to be current... Seems XP was fine, until I found 7 had addressed sound problems/features that they previously failed to, for many years.

If I remember right, the ram was one of the most expensive things to buy...
Used to be like 10 dollars a meg or something nutz like that.

The first puter I built was a 486, Dos 5 or 6..

Didn't take long to find, they will continue to change fluff around so you have to buy new devices, if for no other reason, to allow them to plug into the motherboard. lol

The things they do with video these days is just amazing.. Glad they stopped using up the resources on the Mother board..

The weirdest thing, to me, is the 3.5 floppy on these boards still allow connection, when if you are lucky the IDE might let you connect 2 of your old drives with the old style ribbon wire.. lol

I remember 'Exes'.. Maybe that's just what I need... An Ex..

A friend's wife poured some sort of acid on his notebook.. I'm sure it was embarrassing for him having to explain how this could happen, especially after I insisted the story be told, and in every detail... lmao

Pretty low blow to resort to that!

KK

I'm done..

Natural Born Killers
PreZ